Sign in to follow this  
Ascorbic

Large Project Structures For Alliances or Kingdoms

I had this idea while thinking of ways to solve the economic issues.  What if we have new very large resource requirement structures (like a colossus but more resource materials required) that once built on the alliance main city, it provides a small buff to all alliance towns (similar to something like the rare roll buff).  And like the buffs that exist for towns as is, you can sac items at these structures to improve the buff.  Maybe certain ones want different things.  Like one only wants 50ql+ weapons or one will only take 50+ ql crops.  These Structures should be something that takes a whole alliance a while to build and should require hard to make items.  

• Like 3

I think I see where you are coming from...one thing the wonky economy lacks substantially is demand. If people had a good reason to sacrifice 50ql+ weapons, there'd be a mechanic to reasonably throw items into. Even mid range weapon smiths could profit of that. Same could go for many other crafts, actually. I don't know if that'll really help the economy, but I like the idea anyway.

(I'm not awfully concerned about the economy, personally. I offer what I can and have but don't bite my nails if noone buys it. I bite my nails anyway. It's a bad habit.)

The question is, how much effort would it be to maintain the buff? If I were to contribute 100 knifes, do I have to peddle the (rather long) way to the capital. and how often? Problem being, some alliances tend to be kinda spread out, at least on Xanadu. Wagoners would help members contribute by sending materials, but perhaps they could ship "sacrificial parcels", too? They'd contain weapons and tools if that's what the structure will take, but obviously a parcel cannot be unpacked. Heresy and such. Also so that wagoners cannot be used to ship anything of commercial value other than bulk.

Or maybe have the Kingdom like Freedom Isles on Xanadu decide it wants certain structures built, or some sort. IE Maybe an Inn along the highway somehwere, Lighthouse, etc

I'd be down for large group projects that allow for high and low lvl saccing.  Even if it weren't a randomly generated object such an event could be held by the staff on each server every so often, and require a lot of work to complete the project with benefits as mentioned.  It would give some good group dynamics for those of us who like to build together, and something to do with stockpiled items, plus something marvelous to behold when finished.

This is a fantastic idea. it deserves support and backing. imo the game is lacking demanding sinks that give reason to things like wagoneer system and open trade. now that people have massive established deeds more so than ever. there needs to be a reason to maintain the community that has been spread across servers.

• Like 1

I really think this will help build a sense of community.  Alliances actually working together for a common goal.

Something like this in the vein of "kingdom/alliance technologies" might work well; especially if doing so gave a solid and worthwhile buff.

• Like 1