Sign in to follow this  
Hypatia

No birdsong on lawn?

Hi there, I recently put a lot of work into making a huge new deed on an isle with a cow spawning overabundance.  I thought I might curb the cow spawns while tidying up my gardens by creating lawn ....pretty much everywhere.  (I also like how lawn gets rid of those random stones.)  But I've noticed something troubling.  My beautifully manicured gardens and orchards are dead quiet.  No birdsong. :(  This makes me so sad, and would be very hard to undo all that lawn now.  It's also weird to see so much beauty and green and not hear birds.  Is this intentional?  If so, I think it needs to be undone.  It's not right.  Lawns are alive, they aren't wastelands.  Especially when they have trees and bushes.  Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

Did you use pesticide on your lawn? It kills the bugs the birds feed on!

Yea the one bird song track (Blackcap) is linked with grass, the other track (Blackbird) is linked with crop fields. If you don't have either of those in a large amount, then you probably won't have birds.

Edited by Cista

16 minutes ago, Cista said:

Yea the one bird song track (Blackcap) is linked with grass, the other track (Blackbird) is linked with crop fields. If you don't have either of those in a large amount, then you probably won't have birds.

This makes me extremely sad, since it really affects the mood of the place and I can't reverse it without destroying everything, right?  Is there any way to get rid of lawn, on a deed, without flattening every tile and replanting?  :( 

Of course, I'd rather see birdsong linked to lawn as though it was grass.  Which it literally is, anyway. 

Devs:  It's a tidy mowed lawn, not Astroturf.  Let the birds sing! xD

Anyway, thank you for explaining! :)

Sounds like we need birdsong linked to lawn tiles :) Maybe even a new one, nightingale.

• Like 1