Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Allow Ex Kings/Queens to wear title after abdicating

5be897701b8e873f2c0125082dc73823.png

5457de8e2e9b58a73568d490eec581ba.png
https://gyazo.com/5457de8e2e9b58a73568d490eec581ba

Allow Kings / Queens who Abdicate to wear their achievement as a title. You don't really get a reward once you pass the crown except a mention in the history books. 

People should know that Bloodmaster was a conquering king, or even a stupid one :P

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 4

Not sure about the land/success titles, they're not exactly fleshed out well by design on how they reward titles.  Also the ignored bug that people staying king during the ele map reset being stuck with 0% start land so they never had a gain or had more than acceptable title :[

but, champions get a title when they lose champhood, so ex-rulers probably should get some kinda title

would be nice if certain non-skill related titles could be tied to the account so it can be used on both clusters.  like this, dragonslayer, fearless, prem titles, hota titles, etc

• Like 3

Neutral, you could have people like me who would technically have a king title. Do you really want that? 

9 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

Neutral, you could have people like me who would technically have a king title. Do you really want that? 

absolutely, your highness

• Like 1

I have fancy hat right now and would like everyone to know I once had a fancy hat when it's no longer on my head.

+1

Hmm, so I could /flex with achievement of previous owner?

"Emperor Beardyman the Lucky"

I was thinking of something like "Former Emperor" or other more creative ex-kingdom titles.

Should be PvP only though. Otherwise it will be confusing and potentially scammable to convince newbies that you're the king of Freedom and they need to pay you taxes, obey your orders, or other such shenanigans and problems. I'm not even sure how it would work on Chaos once your kingdom is defunct.

Having the title for former king of a still existing kingdom that you are a member of I think is an excellent idea though. Its just allowing that title to persist longer than that kindgom itself or your membership therein that seems problematic in many ways.

11 hours ago, CreZ said:

Should be PvP only though. Otherwise it will be confusing and potentially scammable to convince newbies that you're the king of Freedom and they need to pay you taxes, obey your orders, or other such shenanigans and problems. I'm not even sure how it would work on Chaos once your kingdom is defunct.

Having the title for former king of a still existing kingdom that you are a member of I think is an excellent idea though. Its just allowing that title to persist longer than that kindgom itself or your membership therein that seems problematic in many ways.

I dont think scamming is really a thing as Emperor Enki the Unforgiving will come down on you with the Wrath of the Gods and set your chute on fire. Plus with RMT gone, do you really want to scam some new player out of their two silver only to get your whole Wurm existence banned? 

I think this is a very weak concern. Give us Kingdom Titles!

On 3/27/2020 at 12:00 PM, CreZ said:

I don't really agree with this. There are a lot of pvp titles that you can wear on Freedom aswell.

Infact you can wear all of them except the kingdom specific ones that are tied to roles.

So you want your kingdom roles visible on PVE servers yet we cant have PVE kingdoms (our playstyle is not noteworthy enough to validate us as a community having our own tabard/banners)

There is several alliances on PVE servers that are much larger than kingdoms with just as equal upkeep/investment in wurm yet we would get shafted again with (our play style isnt worthy of anything)

seems like a tad bit unfair.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Killroth said:

So you want your kingdom roles visible on PVE servers

We already have pvp specific titles. As there are pve specific titles.

I must agree with @Killrothon the PvE aspect. My own alliance is a good example... we're spread over 4 different servers and have many deeds on each, yet there is no way for us to even manage that properly. I also do think that former leaders of PMK's should be able to show that they had been royalty, so in fairness, I'd introduce an update to alliance titles together with one for kingdoms. The idea in itself is quite appealing in my eyes. Why should you lose the title you worked so hard to achieve, after all?

Aren't these supposed to be specific timed privilege to have such titles?

king/queen.. it's a chaos thing anyway, you're still nobody for the people on epic or freedom, difference is .. maybe some on either side have seen you on chaos at least once, but most haven't.. does it make sense to show meaningless stuff around your name than?