Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Version Mismatch - no option to update

I just tried to open my LAN server and got a version mismatch error. The LAN is 1.5.2.1 instead of 1.6.  The "update server" button is greyed out, and unusable.

To try to resolve this, I used the "Validate integrity of tools" option in the Steam library, but it said everything was up to date. I thought the problem might be that my LAN is on a copy of the dedicated server, so I deleted the unused copy and ran the Validate again. This time, it updated 934 files. However, all it did was to recreate the unused dedicated server that I had deleted.

How do I actually update my existing LAN server?  All the info I found in the forums involves either the need to Validate, or else other issues (such as certificates) that I'm not having problems with.  I've put a lot of work into my LAN, and I'd hate to lose it all.

if your server is in a different folder than where steam installed it then you need to copy over the files to there.

You should be ok by copying over server.jar common.jar and the following folders - dist, lib, nativelibs

• Like 1

Ok thank you!

Is it safe to move over my modlauncher and mods, too, or do I need to start from scratch with those?

Thanks once again for your help @bdew !

Edited by Batta