Sign in to follow this  
Sjarn

PVP Forum Topics Not Visable to Guests

Just wondering why it is that the Theater forum areas for pvp (Epic and Chaos) are only visible once someone has created a forum account and logs in?  It would seem to me, since everyone in the pvp space is looking for new players, these should be open for guests to view even without a forum account.  Or is the worry that the often rather passionate discourse might scare them off?

Because you have to use your main character WO name for PVP forums to prevent spying, trolling, ######, etc.

I'd argue that these days, with free VPN plug-ins for any browser and free email addresses, that's not a terribly effective approach.  But, if the Administrators still wish to continue with that approach, it may make sense to put a note about it on the forums where new visitors can see it.  Otherwise new players coming in don't realize there's any forum content about pvp available, and wouldn't see any recruiting posts there either.  I didn't make a Forum account until some time after becoming a player - many won't, until they need some sort of game support - so I had no idea the discussions even existed.

For sure, but that's how the forum rules state it.  (not verbatim)

Thanks for the response, didn't realize it was in the forum rules.  I figured just figured it was some sort of mistake.  Too bad.  I think it'd be better to have all content open for new users to view, even if they aren't allowed to post without being logged in to an actual account.

That's not a rule...?  You can use any name you want from any server or even if you only play wu

The theatre threads are the one area of the forums which is lightly moderated, the reason it's set so guests cannot see it.

Maybe it would be helpful to put a note indicating that on the main page then?  I played for quite some time before realizing that they were even there.  And it just came up again when speaking with another new Player the other day.  I just don't think new players necessarily create a forum profile, unless they're experiencing some sort of problem or have something else they wish to post about.

Will pass on your thoughts, Locking the thread now due it's not a bug.