Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Fix meditation and pvp. I'm sick of this crap.

Please do something about PvP and Wurm Online.  This is ###### and no fun at all.  You got our hopes up thinking Epic was going to be the new pvp spot, but you screwed up and now Chaos is the active pvp zone.  You're supposed to make it easier for people to get into PVP, but that hasn't happened since zero focus on pvp (and not these pvp updates that mean nothing).  Now since Chaos is active we can't even get armors that were added to Epic.  Seriously WTF.  Either close Epic or Chaos servers or give them the same updates.  Stop screwing with us!  I'm being serious here.

You do NOTHING for the pvp community.  Not even a roadmap that we all have been asking for.  You give special news updates for everything else, why not hook us up?  Oh ya...because you don't care.........  My fault I keep forgetting about how much you don't care and only want us paying premium and STFU other than that.

These PvP updates are like giving 1 cracker to a starving person to help them eat for the day.

A single person developer on Steam making a game all by themselves can give a roadmap and be more involved with the community and make changes, but a team for Wurm can't?

Oh ya......You don't care about the pvp community.....

I keeping posting the same type of threads.  I don't know why I'm playing this game.  It's really the cool pvp community that is not on the forums that keep me in this game.  If it wasn't for them I'd say F wurm online.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nicedreams said:

You're supposed to make it easier for people to get into PVP, but that hasn't happened since zero focus on pvp (and not these pvp updates that mean nothing).  Now since Chaos is active we can't even get armors that were added to Epic.

Of the bulk, I think that is the real meat and potatoes of the argument at hand. Unsurprising to many, I totally agree.

While epic in theory is easier to get into in terms of skills, just a lot of the "end game content" that people used to gawk over and fantasize about are just the typical daily rigmarole, I mean that mostly in relation to Meditation, Tomes, and Equipment. (Again the Equipment and meditation part can be partially mitigated on epic).

The same old people will chime in and tell me I am wrong, because they have a few individuals who get to sit in the back and shoot arrows and the same old people will chime in and agree in part or fully, but most of them don't even play anymore. Honestly if you do not spend actual money on at the least an account for chaos, you are wasting your time and energy.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

Right now they are fixing the lag issues so I don't know what you are on about. If you want the updates then come play Epic. You can transfer here since you guys got your way with the Freedom -> Epic transfer. 

We'd like to come PvP with you but you just had to have your way. So Epic we shall stay.

First priority: Fix lag. A lot of people can't even play the game right now on Epic and I'm sure freedom is the same.

I know they are working on this so I will be patient instead of crying new lakes on Chaos. Really guys, you have enough lakes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EpicDude said:

Right now they are fixing the lag issues so I don't know what you are on about. If you want the updates then come play Epic. You can transfer here since you guys got your way with the Freedom -> Epic transfer. 

We'd like to come PvP with you but you just had to have your way. So Epic we shall stay.

First priority: Fix lag. A lot of people can't even play the game right now on Epic and I'm sure freedom is the same.

I know they are working on this so I will be patient instead of crying new lakes on Chaos. Really guys, you have enough lakes.

I was on Epic for couple months.  Not much PvP except 1 sided HOTA.  I went and created pvp on Epic with some others.  All people on Epic would do is complain about stealing stuff and fighting wrong people and bla bla bla.  Like spent hours looking for a fight with JK, then found some HOTA statues and I was like cool I'll get a trophy since came all this way.  Just to have me blasted on the forums that I stole some guys memorial and that I knew what I was doing when I didn't have a clue.  Made me not like playing a FULL PVP server called EPIC after that since JK wanted it to be PvE.  Then there was all other types of drama on Epic between me and others because all I would do is go fight and steal.  I mean it is full loot pvp right?

Then most everyone leaves Epic and the deed I'm part of is no more so I'm left all alone while group moves to Chaos.

So please tell me why do I want to play on Epic since you make it seem like I've never touched the place before?  Why spend hours and hours trying to find PVP on 4 dead servers.  I've moved to Chaos full time and so far no ###### drama about me stealing someone's stuff.

WurmU got raided and Nikki stole our HOTA statue that TC gifted to us and she's with TC.  No complaints so far and forums posts about how bad of a person they are like when I did that on Epic.

58 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Honestly if you do not spend actual money on at the least an account for chaos, you are wasting your time and energy.

+1

Dude honestly, there's been a lot of PVP updates that have made the game MUCH BETTER like the locate spell tile limit and the epic armours. But guess what. Those updates were only made on the cluster where the only Fighting force is a bunch of hilbillies with troll's huge clubs trying to kill gianna in 1vs13s. Honestly 95% of PVP has been taking place on Chaos and Chaos is not getting any support. Nothing dude NOTHING. The code is already written they just dont want it in and they WONT say why. Meditation is stupid, anyone not messed up in the head will agree. If u dont go 70 meditation on insanity u are literally screwed you'll get 3 shot by hugeaxes, or even 1 shot by a truestrike. The priests are ######, severely in favor of one in particular "Smeagain". If you go anything other than smeagain you're are doing things wrong. But most important of all, the devs need to SPEAK TO US

• Like 2

maybe they'll fix it after i just switched paths

this thread is good, hopefully it doesn't get put into suggestions fourm like mine are

Edited by Niki

good luck, none of the core issues have been addressed properly since their implementation, just halfway "fixes"

I'm sorry your group is leaving, it would be beneficial in the longrun to play on Chaos though, as if PvP falls through, you can at least enjoy the game with other people on Freedom. Epic really is a dead cluster, and im certain the merge was just an attempt to keep the players that would have never played again otherwise, and it worked even though it was years too late. We decided to disband Rome when we hit the 6month marker with no PvP updates.

My standing prediction is Epic being closed, Chaos being stripped of PvP and a new PvP map being created fresh, but, in a few years after everyone currently waiting for it loses interest and quitting the game, just like they did with everything else, waited until people lost interest and quit.

Edited by Prophetears

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

Dude honestly, there's been a lot of PVP updates that have made the game MUCH BETTER like the locate spell tile limit and the epic armours. But guess what. Those updates were only made on the cluster where the only Fighting force is a bunch of hilbillies with troll's huge clubs trying to kill gianna in 1vs13s. Honestly 95% of PVP has been taking place on Chaos and Chaos is not getting any support. Nothing dude NOTHING. The code is already written they just dont want it in and they WONT say why. Meditation is stupid, anyone not messed up in the head will agree. If u dont go 70 meditation on insanity u are literally screwed you'll get 3 shot by hugeaxes, or even 1 shot by a truestrike. The priests are ######, severely in favor of one in particular "Smeagain". If you go anything other than smeagain you're are doing things wrong. But most important of all, the devs need to SPEAK TO US

*rant rant rant*

For sure there have been updates, but what have they done really for pvp?  Low population still split between 5 different servers (1 chaos / 4 epic).  In November 2017 when they announced the changes it only seemed logical for Chaos to go away and focus be put on Epic.

I'm all for Epic being the only pvp and Chaos going away.  Make Chaos PvE for all I care.  I've tried Epic after the skill merge and wanted to stay there forever, but all the real action is on Chaos right now.  Wasted all my time making gear I don't use now on a dead decaying deed.  If I stay on Epic I minus well stay on Xan since that's how it feels.  For the 2-3 months I was on Epic I had a blast.....then that all went away........to Chaos with everyone else.  Loved seeing Dragons all over to kill that were NOT private loot.  Dragon be right outside starter town.  Nice....  Only thing I missed on Epic from Chaos is that the volcano's are dried up.  Volcano's are fun thing to do on Chaos and sucks it's gone from Epic.

Playing on Epic seems like a waste of skill gains since bouncing between Epic and Chaos is pointless for grinding now.

You look at other games and they dramatically change pvp and keep getting people excited to keep at pvp.  At least they make the big changes and take risks.  Wurm Online doesn't get me excited for pvp at all.  Only the community does and that community is almost gone.

Or if they going to keep all these servers up and going then make skill transfers go back and forth.  That is the ONLY reason why people stay off Epic.  It's pretty obvious.  Probably get half of freedom trying out PvP if skills went back and forth.  It would bring a new market to Epic for sure big time.

What started me writing this post is that I did path of insanity random teleport on Chaos and can't even randomly run into someone to pvp.  That's pretty damn sad.  I've taken my alt from 21 medium maul to 71 in 4 days randomly all over the place.  No valrei mobs, no drake spirits, no "oh crap I'm about to get killed" moments.  Thought I was on Xan for a few hours when doing maul from 50-65.  PvP supposed to get your heart pumping.  Eh.......not in this game.  Insanity hallucinations are blue outline for crying out loud.  And then couldn't get a meditation tick for anything.  Get one tick a day.  How am I supposed to get pvp ready with these other guys?  I'd be fine on Epic.....but nope.....Gotta to play Chaos right now.

This is my gripe, rant and opinion and don't really care how you guys react to it.

5 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

More complaints about meditation paths, woo.

Do you even pvp or are you are tag-a-long?

Just now, nicedreams said:

Do you even pvp or are you are tag-a-long?

jake shake and quake shivers often makes dumb comments on suggestions

but yes, the problem lies in that everyone is at endgame because no new endgame content for pvp is added, and there are far too many ways to get to it now, and with the addition of HOTA, all the old sandbox conquest mechanics are basically pointless

I still cannot comprehend why there was a push for skill transfers and merges, when the people who wanted it (myself included) don't even want to play on epic to begin with. I guess strictly to move our fun epic accounts to chaos? But no one cares about that because everyone bought new ones now so.