Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 26/APR/18

PatchNotes.png

PvP Affinities and rank rework:

PvP Rank:

• Rank is now more evenly split between attackers. Rank gained/lost depends on the total average rank of all attackers versus the killed player.
  • If there is more than double the number of attackers worth of rank to be split, half will be spread evenly and the other half will be spread based on the rank of each attacker (lower ranked attackers will gain more than a higher ranked attacker).
  • If there is only enough rank to be split evenly, then no bonuses will be given based on attacker rank.
  • If there isn’t enough to be split evenly, then it will be split based on attacker rank only.
  • Killed player will lose 75% of the rank gained among attackers, instead of 100%.
    • (e.g. 20 rank split across 5 attackers: Each of the 5 will gain a base of 2 rank each. The other 10 rank will be split between attackers based on their relative rank – lowest rank attacker might gain 3 bonus (total 5), next 3 might gain 2 (total 4), and highest rank might only gain 1 (total 3). Killed player will only lose 15 rank instead of 20.

PvP Affinities:

• Affinity will now go to a random attacker instead of the “max” attacker.
  • Changed the chance for the affinity to be lost without transfer:If the chosen attacker already has at least 2 more affinities in the chosen skill than the killed player (before the affinity is lost), they will only have a 50% chance to gain the affinity. If the do not gain the affinity, another random attacker will get the chance instead.If no permanent affinity is gained, a week long timed affinity will be given to a random attacker instead. Killed player will still lose the affinity.
  • All other attackers will gain a timed affinity of between 1 and 2 days in the skill of the lost affinity.
  • Champions will now lose an affinity on death even if it is their only affinity.
  • If a killed player doesn’t drop an affinity (due to only having one, or none as a Champion), a random timed affinity between 3 and 6 hours will be given to all attackers.

PvP Mission changes:

• Properly check the correct region when building mission structures on pvp.
  • Lowered the number of players required for x player missions on pvp.
  • Fixed rewards string for build missions.
  • Changed create/sacrifice missions to take into account more number of items properly (bell tower is more than 2 items, for example).
  • PvP servers should get less “requires x players” missions at higher difficulties.

General changes

• Change: Ongoing creature movement tweaks to help get them off high mountains and away from fences and walls if on deed. Creatures will now prefer to move across flatter paths than up or down steep slopes.
  • Change:  Icons for pegs, masts and tenons added.
  • Change:  You can now level and flatten from a boat and the dirt/sand will go into the boat as long as there is enough room.
  • Change:  You can now do the following while mounted/embarked – yoyo, prune, pick sprout and harvest.
  • Change:  Copies of keys made from copper are now called key copy, copper in order to differentiate them from copper keys made with copper locks.
  • Change: A message in the event window will now appear when you gain an affinity via skill usage.

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix: Kilns should now properly have the bash/destroy option.
  • Bugfix: Various spelling and text errors.
  • Bugfix: Small bells will now take on the metal type of the resonator instead of always becoming brass.
  • Bugfix: Material types on lockpicks will now properly use and display the bonus for lockpicking.
  • Bugfix: The adamantine rune of jackal will correctly change the secondary color of drake/scale armour instead of the primary colour.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a depth check for flattening/leveling in shallow water.
  • Bugfix: Action queue is now cleared when continuing a fence if you are standing in the way of completing the fence.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which failed to check for reinforced floors in some cases when mining tile corners.
  • Bugfix: Grape seedling removed from mission item list.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a dredge leveling action which in rare cases caused a slope to lower by 1 dirt even with a full dredge.
  • Bugfix: Fixed branded and bred creatures on deed not losing agro when you back away and click no target.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue that allowed dragging items from a branded/tamed horse onto an unbranded/untamed horse.
  • Bugfix: Fixed issues with taking and opening distances with piles and containers.
  • Bugffix: Fixed potential issue with uniques dying early.
  • Bugfix: Brass oil lamps can now be crafted and improved correctly.

Client updates:

• Change: Added animal condition colors back
  • Change: Distant terrain textures will look more fitting to the close ones
  • Change: Added a Very High setting to Terrain/Shadow Detail
  • Change: Fixed glitchy background when distant terrain was disabled.
  • Bugfix: Reduced light flickering
  • Bugfix: New stone fences will properly export to Deed Planner 2.8+.
  • Bugfix: Slate and marble brick pavement will properly export to Deed Planner 2.8+
  • Bugfix: Texture size settings will now work for all objects properly

The post Patch Notes 26/APR/18 appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 13

YES ! First one :-)

+1

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change:  You can now do the following while mounted/embarked – yoyo, prune, pick sprout and harvest.

I will do this, but I will always feel like I am somehow cheating as I do it ;)

Thanks also your ongoing efferts to fix bugs, update icons, tweak animal movement, and all them PVP updates I may never get to use. Also thanks all the stuffs you guys do every day just to keep the game moving along.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

many good changes

34 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

• Properly check the correct region when building mission structures on pvp.
  • Lowered the number of players required for x player missions on pvp.
  • PvP servers should get less “requires x players” missions at higher difficulties.

• Bugfix: Material types on lockpicks will now properly use and display the bonus for lockpicking.
  • Bugfix: Grape seedling removed from mission item list.
  • Change: Added animal condition colors back

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change:  You can now level and flatten from a boat and the dirt/sand will go into the boat as long as there is enough room.
  • Change:  You can now do the following while mounted/embarked – yoyo, prune, pick sprout and harvest.

Big Thumbs up in my book! Thank you!

• Like 2

lots of patch, nice work, busy busy.  Thanks to revisiting creature movement.  Pvp rank and affinity transfer looks interesting.  lets see how that plays out.  awesome ability to level/flatten from boat and pick sprouts/harvest  while mounted/embarked.

Thank you on this patch, job well done.

1 minute ago, Shagsangel said:

Any ETA when the game will be back up?

sometimes a half hour longer if you are on Xanadu lol

What! Happeeeeee \o/

59 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change:  You can now do the following while mounted/embarked – yoyo, prune, pick sprout and harvest.

• Like 3

I'm on Exo Raven but it's up now thankfully :) somehow it say's server not available when I log on...sigh

Edited by Shagsangel

7 minutes ago, Shagsangel said:

I'm on Exo Raven but it's up now thankfully :) somehow it say's server not available when I log on...sigh

Looks like it was up then went down... but give it a few more mintues.. lol

Omg picking sprouts on horseback. Something well waited for. Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks to the dev team and @Alectrysfor the very quick response to some bugs I've posted recently! Didn't expect to see them fixed so soon.

Change: Ongoing creature movement tweaks to help get them off high mountains and away from fences and walls if on deed. Creatures will now prefer to move across flatter paths than up or down steep slopes.

ye-e-e-e-s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

paC5ctM.jpg?1

Thought I had a present I had forgotten about.  Guess my present is my old fishing rod.  LOL

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Added animal condition colors back

I love you guys so much :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

paC5ctM.jpg?1

OMG ! I just now got this, I had no idea what this post was about.. untill just now... opened my inventory, and BAM, my fishing rod is a ... box? ya... prolly needs fixed.

add in lower fps and certain things(rarity on helmets being pure black now) that are broken next to the fishing rod it seems like this was a solid 60% good update close to a very good update

you guys gotta keep it up reach those utmost updates ;)

10 minutes ago, wipeout said:

add in lower fps and certain things(rarity on helmets being pure black now) that are broken next to the fishing rod it seems like this was a solid 60% good update close to a very good update

Lower FPS is being looked into and worked on, but we have zero reports of rarity on helms showing as black and I'm unable to replicate it, mind helping? 

Love the updates! Especially the reduced light flickering and picking sprouts from a cart.

Its also great to see that animal conditions are returning!

Sign in to follow this