Sign in to follow this  
chrismisterx

Guard Dogs

Hi, complete newbie with modding and only just back to wurm, so forgive me if my request is a bit silly.

I was wondering if it was possible to replace the Spirit Templars with guard dogs? I just think having your farm deed protected by dogs would look and feel better in a roleplay sense, not sure if that is something that can be done or not?

Also is there a mod out there where you can set NPC's to buy certain items, I want to set up a NPC village where for example the lumber yard will buy logs, the goldsmith will buy gold etc,  pay more for better ql logs that sort of thing or where npc's give out crafting quests.

thanks for any help

• Like 3

Lil late to the game and it doesn't sound like a silly request at all.

Hell hounds as guard dogs for the Hots, Wolves for Mol-Rehan and just regular Dogs for Jenn-Kellon? That type of mod? Or all the same type of guard dog? Anyway I like the idea.

I know in another game I use to play I was able to take the default skin of one entity and replace it with another, while keeping all the data of the original. It was java based also. Of course I did it for personal use because I know nothing about modding for others, I know nothing about packaging up and sharing for others to use.

Not sure about WU but I don't see why it couldn't be done here either. 

Would actually be interesting to see.... as well as hearing the dang Animal sounds once again.

As far as the NPC/mission subject. The Mission Ruler ( mission ruler -birchwood ) is your friend :P

You can create missions/reward system for crafting, fighting and a slew of other things.

Here are couple links to get you going.

Wurm Mission Ruler Starter Guide By 0600Zulu

Mission Ruler Tutorials by LordDan

LordDan's videos are a little bit older videos but they will help you out. Tip: Print out the starter guide and Dual Screen LordDan's tutorials.

• Like 1

Templar Replacer can do that for you

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1