Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Remaining PvE Population Centers

So, having wandered around Xanadu (a lot) and Release (a little), I was surprised at just how empty the world is now.

Where abouts are the candle-light-like clusters of civilisation on wurm these days?

Southern part of Cele seems to be popular. I'm forever in the NE. lol

I'm rather fortunate to be able to say that I don't have a clue since I live on a mountaintop ;) 

• Like 2

Been an issue for a while if you ask me.

Was honestly expecting some Freedom servers to close down after then merged all of them and added Xanadu some time later.

Never made sense to me to have such a massive server, and so many empty smaller ones.

3 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Was honestly expecting some Freedom servers to close down after then merged all of them and added Xanadu some time later.

Never made sense to me to have such a massive server, and so many empty smaller ones.

And then what? 
If we close one server, sooner or later we're close another, because why not? If we did it before and there's low population anyway. And? Closing one, then another? Till we left with Xanadu, Indi and Deli maybe?
It won't change anything, not to better certainly. You can't expect, that people would happily go over a new server if we close and erase many months, sometimes years of their work. At least half of them would leave a game. What's more, it won't bring us more players at all. Because, how would it so? How would that really help anyone? 

7 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

They should do that to epic first.

• Like 4

Doubt closing servers will happen as Rolf has always maintained that as long as one person plays on it, a server will remain. Having lived 5 years on Cele and put in hours of work, I'd be upset if I had to move to another server without any consideration to what I've done to my deed, let alone the amount of items that I've gathered. As it is, lower population allows you to get to know those on the server more, imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

And then what? 
If we close one server, sooner or later we're close another, because why not? If we did it before and there's low population anyway. And? Closing one, then another? Till we left with Xanadu, Indi and Deli maybe?
It won't change anything, not to better certainly. You can't expect, that people would happily go over a new server if we close and erase many months, sometimes years of their work. At least half of them would leave a game. What's more, it won't bring us more players at all. Because, how would it so? How would that really help anyone? 

Yeah, it would be the end of the game. Imagine a totally hypothetical, not at all real example where we have separate servers for the two main Kingdoms - JK and MR. If players put years of work into them and they were suddenly shut down, it would be the end of Wurm! Hypothetically!

• Like 4

I recently returned after a year break and joined Harvestmoon Lagoon in the NE of Release and it seems to be pretty active there. I usually always see a few people on.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Chakron said:

Yeah, it would be the end of the game. Imagine a totally hypothetical, not at all real example where we have separate servers for the two main Kingdoms - JK and MR. If players put years of work into them and they were suddenly shut down, it would be the end of Wurm! Hypothetically!

That reference is going to be lost on many.

• Like 2

idk... looking at my alliance or whats left of it, feels like a few people left Xanadu and moved to the smaller servers, probably lag escapers.

If I had not put nearly 2 years of surfacemining and a ton of bricks and mortar into my deed... I probably... would as well move to a smaller server. ._.

Even after a restart now it takes only half a day or day to be back to dumb lag spikes and doors not opening and things... I know they work on it but I am not sure we will ever be entirely lag free. :(

But yea, I would guess the hardcore communitys are on the smaller servers... the core crowd.

Xanadu has a fair share of people, those who probably value the vast lands with no one interfering with their business... and thus they are probably more spread out than clustering in one map tile.

Just my thoughts on it anyhow, it's how I perceive it... how things are for real...  hm? ^_^

On 23-4-2018 at 10:45 PM, Niki said:

They should do that to epic first.

Yes, when they merged the skills that caused lots of freedomers to quit.

Existing servers are bothering no one. Leave them be. If people get lonely they'll band together. The fact they do not means they are fine with the way things are. Need a better argument to close servers than "dude this place looks empty".

• Like 12

I would like more benefits for banning together on freedom. Right now there is very few good reasons to not live on your own deed. 

6 hours ago, whykillme said:

Please explain why that would cause freedomers to quit.

• Like 1

The south west part of Xanadu seems pretty active. Around all those little islands.

Or that's where I live and we have a decent sized alliance here :)

B4 I took a break my alliance at j9 I believe was booming hopefully it still is when I return. Damn I need a new interweb connection damn my building manager damn my fan club.. Damn it all!! Except my fellow wurmians that is..

On 4/25/2018 at 3:04 AM, whykillme said:

according to the graph, it didn't cause almost any to quit.

But since WU the population has been in decline, and increasingly so, every month.

But please explain why that would cause people to quit anyway? You actually had a spike in players, who actually became premium, active, members again that had previously quit for longer than 8-10 months and had no intention of returning until that was announced.

Edited by Prophetears

There is a growing population of active players centered around Greymead.  I'd name the settlements I am familiar with, but I know there are others nearby with whom I am not, so I shall refrain.  I will name mine though- Oakheart.  See our recruitment page for more info and contact me if interested. >8-]

Oakheart location on the Xanadu map: [4400,3075]

Happy Wurming...

~TH~