Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

Pvp recruiters / entrepreneurs

- Personal Goals

Seeing this is slowly becoming a thing on pve side, but a lot of pvers dont want to risk going to any pvp server. I find it funny i have not seen any recruiting or classified ad helping pvers in this area. Just a thought for the recruiters. Or entrepreneurs who just want to make some extra coin or what have you.

What personal goals are you specifying for completion? Things like "gain a spot in kingdom court" are easy and could be purchasable if people do not care about their kingdom.

But if you mean things like "become a ruler of a kingdom" that implies at least 1 gold minimum of risk. 

I dont think anyone would hand over a crown to a freedomer unless they dont care about keeping the Kingdom. Its too much of a risk. 

Thankfully anyone can just get the crown from the Cobra King to achieve this so there is no need. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

What personal goals are you specifying for completion? Things like "gain a spot in kingdom court" are easy and could be purchasable if people do not care about their kingdom.

But if you mean things like "become a ruler of a kingdom" that implies at least 1 gold minimum of risk. 

Just go down the list of personal goals.There are several pvp related goals that a kingdom/entrepreneur could help pvers with. just say.

3 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I dont think anyone would hand over a crown to a freedomer unless they dont care about keeping the Kingdom. Its too much of a risk. 

Thankfully anyone can just get the crown from the Cobra King to achieve this so there is no need. 

Of course no one would just hand it over. And your right about the Cobra King :P too bad he was walled in at one point :) 

Would be easier to just make a PmK for that goal or wait until they fix the system.

59 minutes ago, gorgian said:

Just go down the list of personal goals.There are several pvp related goals that a kingdom/entrepreneur could help pvers with. just say.

Of course no one would just hand it over. And your right about the Cobra King :P too bad he was walled in at one point :) 

Hello wall, meet catapult.

If you are defeated by a wall on Chaos, then I am sorry but you dont stand a chance to finishing other personal goals. 

Also, everyone's personal goals are different. Which are you refering to? To me, all the pvp related goals are rather easy to complete. Have yet to find one I couldnt do.

join hots on epic and you can play with us and do your personal goals as you go, free of charge

• Like 4

This was just a general post aimed at getting players to pvp side through other means.

On 4/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, Alexgopen said:

join hots on epic and you can play with us and do your personal goals as you go, free of charge

He got it.

To be honest, I rather have someone fighting by my side that really wants to be there, instead of some greedy freedomer forced into trying so they can get their personal goals done.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2018 at 8:10 PM, gorgian said:

- Personal Goals

Seeing this is slowly becoming a thing on pve side, but a lot of pvers dont want to risk going to any pvp server. I find it funny i have not seen any recruiting or classified ad helping pvers in this area. Just a thought for the recruiters. Or entrepreneurs who just want to make some extra coin or what have you.

Ok so you think "Defeating a player with a bow" or "Lockpick 5 boats" or "Kill 5 enemy guards" is harder to do than "Become a demigod" ? or Than "Become an Archemage" or than "Create a fantastic item" ? You do realize just how broken the personal goal system is right? I mean most accounts will have to get between 1 and 7 tomes to be able to complete their goals? And some accounts that have the "Diabolist" goal will never complete it. Like it is 100% impossible to complete. And here you are complaining about a 5 minutes trip to Chaos, getting your freedomer friend to create a stupid alt and kiling it with a bow. It literally takes you 10 minutes to go there, do it, and get back. And you are too afraid to do it and think it is too hard? Pathetic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gorgian said:

This was just a general post aimed at getting players to pvp side through other means.

He got it.

Well his kingdom is template. Anybody can join it and go to cobra for king. in Pmk's whats to stop me stopping you taking a few wagons on your way out? Crown offers too much power.

For pmk's too much risk - better to take people that want to be there / contribute.

For templates, well you can't really screw them over. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mclavin said:

Well his kingdom is template. Anybody can join it and go to cobra for king. in Pmk's whats to stop me stopping you taking a few wagons on your way out? Crown offers too much power.

For pmk's too much risk - better to take people that want to be there / contribute.

For templates, well you can't really screw them over. 

This is what i never understood about you pvpers. you are crying you want players, and even before trying out new players through other option your already killing it.  

11 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Ok so you think "Defeating a player with a bow" or "Lockpick 5 boats" or "Kill 5 enemy guards" is harder to do than "Become a demigod" ? or Than "Become an Archemage" or than "Create a fantastic item" ? You do realize just how broken the personal goal system is right? I mean most accounts will have to get between 1 and 7 tomes to be able to complete their goals? And some accounts that have the "Diabolist" goal will never complete it. Like it is 100% impossible to complete. And here you are complaining about a 5 minutes trip to Chaos, getting your freedomer friend to create a stupid alt and kiling it with a bow. It literally takes you 10 minutes to go there, do it, and get back. And you are too afraid to do it and think it is too hard? Pathetic. 

I've said this before: This is what i never understood about you pvpers. you are crying you want players, and even before trying out new players through other option your already killing it.  

15 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

To be honest, I rather have someone fighting by my side that really wants to be there, instead of some greedy freedomer forced into trying so they can get their personal goals done.

So now what your saying is freedomers are now greedy... lol. So i take it your going to advocate the lowing of tombs. :) 

Edited by gorgian

I do not think you are understanding their points.

There is an inherent risk to doing something like this, most pvp goals like "defeat a player" etc are easily accomplished, and you could do then with alts if you really wanted to.

a PMK is by invitation only, so they take a risk in inviting you, for example. Some PMK's have very strict rules on selling rewards like hota statues, banners, and what not. Anyone can say they want to complete goals, and just thieve, make a ton of banners/wagons, and just make money.

Are you going to do this? Probably not. But do not expect PMK's to take on additional risk for little reward.

Especially the "Become a Ruler of a Kingdom"

That again, is at the minimum a 1 gold risk, the cost of independence itself is 1 gold, whatever you do as king could have lasting ramifications.

You are doing that meme I deal with here in DC all the time, the "I am going to trap my opponent and repeat my talking point" meme. They are responding to your post accurately, but you are just telling them their server is dying because they don't want to lost their entire kingdom. 

Edited by FranktheTank

11 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

I do not think you are understanding their points.

I under stand their points perfectly well.

There is an inherent risk to doing something like this, most pvp goals like "defeat a player" etc are easily accomplished, and you could do then with alts if you really wanted to.

No risk no reward. And yes They can be easy and they can be very hard, they can be no risk or very high risk.

a PMK is by invitation only, so they take a risk in inviting you, for example. Some PMK's have very strict rules on selling rewards like hota statues, banners, and what not. Anyone can say they want to complete goals, and just thieve.

To each their own. and yes they can thieve it's part of pvp. but that also part of recruiting. to weed out the good and the bad. you can't have your cake and eat it too. stop being lazy.

Are you going to do this? Probably not. But do not expect PMK's to take on additional risk for little reward.

Maybe, maybe not. but this warm welcoming is helping a lot of pvers stay pvers. just a thought. Non expected it was just an optional tool there was no need for all this blah. just take it for what it is. it's in the recruiters hands. to take the risk or not.

Especially the "Become a Ruler of a Kingdom"

Of course. But you really need to stop pointing out the obvious. I can sit back and nit pick something apart too. and point silly things out.

That again, as at the minimum a 1 gold risk, the cost of independence because whatever you do as king could have last ramifications.

Of course, That part of the game. I have played since 2013 thx. 

Edited by gorgian

Do the MR Stone of the Sword, or JK Lady of the Lake functions actually work on Chaos, even though the kingdoms don't exist?  Or is hots the only actual template kingdom on Chaos?

8 minutes ago, Sjarn said:

Do the MR Stone of the Sword, or JK Lady of the Lake functions actually work on Chaos, even though the kingdoms don't exist?  Or is hots the only actual template kingdom on Chaos?

feel free to go and become a new king if it's not taken

18 minutes ago, Sjarn said:

On chaos HoTs is the only template kingdom.

However I would like to point out that, as far as I know skill transfers are still a thing on epic.

AND

As far as I know Epic does have a better chance of becoming a king for that specific reward.

AND 

As far as I know, personal goals transfer as well.

1 hour ago, gorgian said:

I under stand their points perfectly well.

No risk no reward. And yes They can be easy and they can be very hard, they can be no risk or very high risk.

To each their own. and yes they can thieve it's part of pvp. but that also part of recruiting. to weed out the good and the bad. you can't have your cake and eat it too. stop being lazy.

Maybe, maybe not. but this warm welcoming is helping a lot of pvers stay pvers. just a thought. Non expected it was just an optional tool there was no need for all this blah. just take it for what it is. it's in the recruiters hands. to take the risk or not.

Of course. But you really need to stop pointing out the obvious. I can sit back and nit pick something apart too. and point silly things out.

Of course, That part of the game. I have played since 2013 thx. 

It's very unlikely if you come over for a personal goal you will stick around, we did it for many many many people before and almost none of them stuck around longer than necessary, but these people weren't given access to much.

And people don't realize how much access you can get. In TC, our like actual management, if i went rogue tomorrow i could leave with over 40kgs in drake hide, upwards of 15 drake sets, 7 or 8 scale sets, several kgs of scale, and hundreds upon hundreds of moonmetal and rift materials. If you have a good reputation, but you have no intention of ever sticking around on a PvP server, and we take a risk and you just are in it for the money and you stay for the long haul, you could very easily just steal everything after a couple months and get your moneys worth and who would care? This goes for pretty much every kingdom.

We do weed out the good and the bad, but in my personal experience, we've been right 100% of the time, and if people don't have a vested interest in being with us, the odds of them ###### us over goes up 10 fold. It's not a risk many people would take as a recruitment offer, a quick convert, title, kick, is another thing. Nobody is ever going to give anyone that isn't 100% trustworthy the crown of their kingdom though, again using TC right now as a kingdom of over 100 players, 7 people have access to the current standing kings account, and maybe 11 or 12 would be potential candidates for the next slot.

@Sjarn

HOTS is the only template kingdom on Chaos. You can become king if one is not present. It is pure RNG, there are no deciding factors, you will either land the sub like 1% chance to get your name on the list one day (it changes every restart and every 24hrs), or you won't. If there is another king, you and a few players can challenge him for his spot. If he has ever used the mechanics before though, it will be 3months or more before you can actually, truthfully, contest his title.

Edited by Prophetears
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

As far as I know, personal goals transfer as well.

Really?  Did that change with the skill transfer?  Because the only posts I could find suggested that they didn't transfer between Epic and Freedom/Chaos - but they were from 2014.

7 minutes ago, Sjarn said:

Really?  Did that change with the skill transfer?  Because the only posts I could find suggested that they didn't transfer between Epic and Freedom/Chaos - but they were from 2014.

I could honestly just be really lucky (unlucky) and have the exact same on both.

I'm not sure if I'm in position to tell about what's hard or what's not, as I've recently won a game, and my words might be taken as "Ah, he already did it, it's easy to say now".

But i have something to say about my own way of how I achieved some PvP related goals, anyway. 

As some of you might already know, I'm not a PvP player in any way, form or shape and I've always tried to stay away from PvP as far as I can. So, should I say these goals are impossible to do? No. Should I say that now, I have to go full berserk against my own rules and people, start killing everything that moves, because I've entered PvP server? No.
For some, or perhaps for many that's enough of an excuse to say that personal goals aren't doable and are against... i don't know what. Against their own vision. 

I've managed to finish my PvP related goals, by known to me, mostly freedom ways. 
I didn't know anyone on PvP servers, I didn't know much about these lands as well. I mean, it's not liek i could talk to someone "hey i'm going to you to get my goals done".
But yes I do have friends, that are active pvpers, so I simply asked them how things looks like there, who is who etc. They explained me a bit of everything.

However, simple explaination of PvP servers basics, wasn't enough. I had to go there and spend there some time, trying to feel it myself. And you know what? I didn't actually had to go there, die, kill, raid, ###### and whatever most PvP interested people do. 

I've got in touch with someone, who provided me a place to stay. Then I lived there for some time, trying all the time to achieve some of my goals. I've changed my temporary homes a few times also. (i didn't get all of my goals done ona single adventure. I was doing PvP related goals since... oh my gods, so long).  And if one thinks that fighting over everything is a must, is wrong. 

As a freedomer, I didn't particulary want to fight. Tho I was aware, that perhaps at some point I'd have to, and probably I might die there. That was a risk, that was a potential cost. But i've decided to try my freedom way, which i consider also as important PvP thing- Diplomacy, and simply being nice. And you know what? That pays out. 

I was hunting for the goals that I can achieve on my own, alone, on my kngdom's lands, as well and enemy lands. Thou I was clearly showing that i have no intentions to fight (wearing no helmet, nor shield). I've met few enemies, yes. I didn't run, there was no point trying. All of people I've met there were clearly surprised, however i'm always trying to talk. And by that I've met few great people there. And regardles of fact, they're were my enemies, we didn't fight. But instead, we spent so much time on talking, and helping each other. With missions, with stuff, and they also helped me. Some might see it wrong, by playing with enemy, and helping him with gathering stuff or wandering around, discovering world or hunting same mobs. I don't know, it's not my concern either. I had a great fun there and that's most important to me. I've also achieved all my goals and I'm happy with it. Without fighting, plundering. With diplomacy, talking and just by being fair to others. I deeply believe that you reap, what you sow. It took me some time, but I did it, without complaining, without bribes, without cheating anyone, without going insane. Just by listening and learning, and also by treating people fair. That's not difficult, and impossible.
If someone'd would kill me, alright. It's PvP afterall. But i want to believe, that it's not the case for everyone. 

So, if you're lucky, perhaps I was, even with freedom, neutral behavior, you can gain everything. Not only goals. But also great experience and new friends.

It's also not like now I'm all into PvP and I'm about to found new PMK. No, but, at the very least, I've reconsiderd few things about PvP lands and kingdoms. And I'm thankful for these adventures, for meeting great people there, regardless of kingdoms, for having a fun, pretty much the same as i have on freedom. Killing all these PvP critters was excellent. And doing that with, players from enemy kingdom was even better experience, that made me rethink few things. 
I'll still try to stay away from PvP servers tho. It's not my way, but I hope that some day I'll visit Chaos and Epic islands once again, to get into a new adventure that will remind me everything I've experienced there. 

Only my personal opinion and experience. I'm not sure if I want to get involved in any discussions like that. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 1:12 PM, Angelklaine said:

anyone can just get the crown from the Cobra King

:lol:

• Like 1