Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Wrong action queue for Mind Logic

I have 50 mind logic so I should be able to queue 5 actions.  This is usually the case, but sometimes it drops to 4 and I have to relog to fix this.  This is very annoying when I'm trying to use my Logitech mouse's G-keys to fill my action queue for smithing with

[Repair][1][Improve][2][Improve][3][Improve][4][Improve][5][Improve] 

When my number of queue-able actions sometimes drops to 4, I can no longer improve with this bind, as it doesn't queue the attempt to improve with my 5th tool (hammer). 

I specifically ground my mind logic up to 50 to be able to do this, but even with 50 mind logic I only get to queue 5 actions *sometimes*.  I sure hope I don't need to get to 60 ML so that when the bug happens it drops me to 5 where it will still work.

Example:

RyS0diJ.jpg

Edited by Alexgopen

If you couldn't queue the last action it would say "you are too busy." which it isn't, I'd suggest double checking things on your end. 

Looks to me that ify ou need to repair, that action will be taken up, meaning you can't do the 5 imp actions, but if you have no repair action, the 5 imping actions will queue 

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

At 50 mind logic you can queue 4 actions, meaning you perform 1, and queue 4 more. 

If you couldn't queue the last action it would say "you are too busy." which it isn't, I'd suggest double checking things on your end. 

you sure about that?

d21c90e23c1e935ca600ab88a3b282d1.png

also from the wiki:

With 20 mind logic, you can queue 2 actions, making a total of 3 actions since your first action command is carried out immediately and not placed in queue. For every 10 mind logic more, you can queue one additional action. Trying to queue more will give you the message: "''You're too busy."''

If it worked the way you say, then at 20 mind logic you would be able to do one action, and queue one more, but we know that isn't the case.

And here's to show my end like you asked:

db6b85abe62d7281cf864af73e351e82.gif

The bind is fine but the game doesn't queue the last attempted action despite my mind logic being high enough.

Also the improve bind works usually but eventually stops queueing the last action and then I have to relog to fix it and get my full 5 queued actions working again.

Edited by Alexgopen

Here you can see me try to use the improve bind on this trowel that requires a hammer to improve.

Attempt 1:

5th action not queued.

Attempt 2:

5th action not queued.

Attempt 3:

5th action not queued.

Attempt 4:

5th action not queued.

Attempt 5:

5th action not queued.

Attempt 6:

Finally works as intended.

bccea80e52036bb469cd40b5fc8d6133.gif

doesn't work for me either, never has. I think its a limitation in either java or idk what, maybe wurm.

• Like 1

It's an issue with registering multiple keystrokes at the same time. Putting a .1s delay on each press "would" fix it but that's against the rules for w/e reason so i bind mouse wheel up/down to my imp keybinds and aggressively wheel at things until it decides i can imp.

• Like 3

Usually it works first try, but often stops working altogether.

5d788fec4aba1c8ef0f9e1e43ad54f1f.gif

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

It's an issue with registering multiple keystrokes at the same time. Putting a .1s delay on each press "would" fix it but that's against the rules for w/e reason so i bind mouse wheel up/down to my imp keybinds and aggressively wheel at things until it decides i can imp.

I guess I'll bind mwheelup to r1t2t and mwheeldown to r3t4t5t.  good idea

Yeah I corrected my post but you were too quick! 

I can check with the dev team about any inherent issues within java registering multiple keystrokes, but as Oblivionnreaver said, adding a delay does violate the rules. The mousewheels to different binds are a great idea, but keep in mind if the list is too long it will scroll as well (if alt is pressed UI elements are ignored though) 

On 5/9/2015 at 1:45 PM, MamaDarkness said:

Use of the 'G' keys on a G series keyboard, mouse, or other similar product is permitted to send multiple actions simultaneously (without any default, built-in, or added delay timingsin order to fill your in game ACTION QUEUE provided you do NOT use any sort of repeat function.

• Like 3

Here's for that one guy to stop posting troll comments

On 3/16/2017 at 7:05 PM, Badget said:

Set tools you need for improve on toolbelt.

bind i improve

bind r repair

Set 1i2i3i4i5ir for one button.

I heard such macro is legit.

You need 50 mind logic for it though, and improved improve simply removes this requirement.

Definetly +1

On 10/18/2017 at 11:27 PM, Enki said:

Badget's example and understanding is correct though.  As long as you are manually pressing a button to initiate each set of non delayed actions that go into your action queue it is correct.

/Enki (Head Game Master)

Straight from Enki

This is a bug thread please try and keep it on topic to discuss ways to resolve the issue.

Edited by shakys

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Looks to me that ify ou need to repair, that action will be taken up, meaning you can't do the 5 imp actions, but if you have no repair action, the 5 imping actions will queue 

Thing is, with 50 mind logic you should be able to do 1 action, and queue 5 more after it.  When it's working properly, having damage and needing to repair doesn't prevent the hammer improve action from happening, but often times the hammer improve action doesn't register at all. 

Also I've found that Logitech Gaming Software doesn't provide the ability to remap scroll up and scroll down. 

09b917f940b2759ae9e5bed27468e808.png

Would using autohotkey to achieve the same effect be allowed as per the "other similar product" part of the rules? Still with no delays, and with SetKeyDelay set to -1 to turn off Send's default delay. 

This would just be a remapping of WheelUp to send r1t2t and WheelDown to send r3t4t5t with no delays.

Edited by Alexgopen

This problem surfaced after the select bar was added.  It seems that changing your active item while anything is selected counts as an action being sent to the server (because it is updating the select bar's buttons, I guess?), so rapidly swapping between tools for a multi-keypress button will bump you up against some sort of spam prevention that seems to cap at 10 actions in a period of time.

If you want to fix it without relogging, click on an item so that it is "selected", then push it or pick it up so that your select bar is nulled out.  So long as you have nothing selected, changing your active item won't bump you up against that weird action limit.

Example #1:  If I have something "selected" and use my "imp all" button to send 1;2;3;4;5;1;2;3;4;5; for ten actions, only four or five improves will queue.  If I null out my select bar, I can send all ten improves just fine. 

Example #2:  If I have something "selected" and the tool in slot 1 active, and try to send 2;';';';';' for five imp-repairs, the last repair is dropped.  If I already have slot 2's item active and try to send 2;';';';';', all five imp-repairs will queue just fine.  If I have nothing "selected" then I have no problems with the last repair action dropping.

Edited by Noizhead
  • Like 1