Sign in to follow this  
Alkhadias

Won the Xanadu- Thanks to Theria and old Lemosa

Finally I managed to finish all of my personal goals. [03:38:33] You have just received the title 'Winner'!

lgHKQtt.jpg

Symbolic achieve, but most important to me, is that I managed to do it as first on Xanadu, my first and last true home in Wurm. And land that I loved and enjoy as much as possible. 

At this point I want to give my best regards and to thank Theria, without him and without everything he done for me, and as well many other players, I highly doubt I'd ever achieve it, or anything at all.  

When i started Wurm, many years ago, on Golden Valley yet, I literally had no idea about this game. I knew basics, very basics of game mechanics and I always tried to teach myself more and more things about it. However, I've never talked to anyone, i didn't know anyone. Always trying to stay alone and go on my own. Later I moved to Indi, where I've built my first little village and then I recognized my passion for traveling in Wurm, discovering something new on every corner, in every cave, every valley I've left behind. These were cool times to me, but also I've never get into community yet and I've never managed to really do something for myself or others. I used to live from cave to cave, house to house, alone, without any in game friends, without trading, without any communication at all. That's what was usually making me to take longer breaks of game. 

I came back when Xanadu was released. After few days spent on Newspring I set up my boat to travel for mainland. I've found new Lemosa Homestead deed and I finally met Theria. Great player, great person. One day spent on talking with him, gave me a whole new meaning of what Wurm is about. He showed me for the very first time a right way to play this game. When i realised that game is focused on community, on players themself, game become to me totally different. Also I learnt from Lemosa what's really important. Doing our best for oneselves as well or even more importantly for others. Working hard on our own goals to gain them and look for another. How to treat others, to be treaten the same by them. We always reap, what we sow. And Theria, he was a perfect example of all these values. He was giving his best, his own time for others, by founding Lemosa Homestead, the greatest deed and alliance for new players. To help them on their very beginnigs, on every field they would ever need a help. I did receive a lot of help as well, then I was trying to help others in Lemosa. Always, since the beginnings of our Alliance. These were great times, I believe and feel that back then I've spent my best Wurming times. 

I lived at o8 of Xanadu for years, I still do. I remember this place as a place full of life, full of players and Lemosa deeds. There was at least few people on almost same local everytime, all focused on our main and most important purpose. Glorious place it was once, before people moved to North. I stayed with my friend and neighbour, but at this point many things have changed. New people came into alliance, Theria left a game, and in an eye blink, Lemosa went far, far away from it's base purpose. It died and was far beyond repairation. Now I feel really bad, that whole work and commitment put there by Theria droped to the dirt, and was wasted badly. 

Therefore I want to once again thank him, I hope that one day maybe he'll read it and I feel like he'll be glad to see one of his "students" achieve the winning. I mean, it's not like it's something amazing, but I feel proud of it anyway. That's why I won't share my list, because i don't want to start here another discussion about goals doable or not, and how they're broken. It's not this kind of topic.

I want to state, that at this point I have another goal and purpose. I just feel obligated, i feel that i owe this to Theria. I want to recreate and continue his work on Xanadu. That's why, I've already found new Homestead on old Lemosa Homestead place. For new, returning and pretty much every player, that have same or similar purposes and values. Certainly it won't be a place for rude, badly behave forever complainers. Maybe it'll be a harsh place.... but rewarding, and satisfying I hope :)
I have no idea if it will work, if such stuff is still a thing, but I just need to try my best. Soon I'll prepare everything, so stay tuned!

Also I'd love to thank others, who were a part of my Wurm's life as well as helped me with my tasks.
Special thanks goes to:
Galadhel- My best friend and longest neighbour. I just can't describe all the help I've received from him, as well as all good times we've spent together there.
Wiolo- old lemosa member, who was always trying to do his best to help.
Paraskron- For support and help, as well as sharing same values and view on many concepts. 
Theshawv & Subie- Great people, my old neighbours. For great times spent together, for many lessons I've learnet from them as well as giving an idea of running my best business in game- Legendary Support Beams Factory ^^. In short... Shawv i still have a wagon you've made for me!
Bloodscythe- For.... being always somewhere around, ready to talk, share knowledge and opinions. In Alliances, on slayings, hunts. Everywhere and always, I'm thankful for all great conversations. 

Also others:
Clasin- My dear mate who's always eager to hunt together and slay some of these Rift dragons kings or whatever... As well as sharing his knowledge about parts of the game I've never enjoyed or tried. 
Paaweelr- For giving a hand to a homeless in times of greates need. 

I should write down much longer list. If you feel I should put your name into it and I didn't- I'm sorry. It's hard to remember all the names, people, my memory leaks sometimes :)

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 16

Great topic and congrats from the achievement, truly one of a kind! :) 

This topic also states that no matter if you have personal achievements to achieve, you are able to achieve those with other people and you pretty much need other people's help. Teamwork is the essence of Wurm, I would say. :) 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kadmint said:

Great topic and congrats from the achievement, truly one of a kind! :) 

This topic also states that no matter if you have personal achievements to achieve, you are able to achieve those with other people and you pretty much need other people's help. Teamwork is the essence of Wurm, I would say. :) 

True. Even if you're a lonewolf like me, it's still important to have friends. And that's why I always consider reputation as the most important and most valuable thing you can ever earn in Wurm. I'm not a perfect one, but even if i did something wrong in the past to anyone, it wasn't my intention. Unless someone did something.... very wrong to me. But even then I'm just trying to stay away, without involving. There's no mercy for intentional thievery and toxicity tho. 

• Like 1

Congrats mate *Golf clap*

Spoiler

totally not salty you didn't include a mention about your old bulk buddy sending you work and supplies ;[ ..... just kidding, nothing noteworthy there :P

3 minutes ago, punishlife said:

Congrats mate *Golf clap*

Hide contents

totally not salty you didn't include a mention about your old bulk buddy sending you work and supplies ;[ ..... just kidding, nothing noteworthy there :P

Oh right Pun. Without you, I'd never run succesfully my old Support Beams Factory. That's because of you, people had always thousands of Beams, always on time!

• Like 1

Grats!!! You've been putting a lot of effort into this and well played!

(Now I hope my one problematic, outstanding goal will be achievable again - or we can roll a new goal to replace ones that cannot be accomplished... ascend...ascend... ascend...)

• Like 1

Your next goal is what you make it. Congratulations again! :) And Theria was the best, I bet I wouldn't even be playing wurm right now without his great help and being so welcoming.

He really did show me that there was more to wurm then living alone on top of a mountain and never seeking others. I myself lived alone for two years and mostly enjoyed exploring and never had prem at the start.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wiolo said:

Your next goal is what you make it. Congratulations again! :) And Theria was the best, I bet I wouldn't even be playing wurm right now without his great help and being so welcoming.

He really did show me that there was more to wurm then living alone on top of a mountain and never seeking others. I myself lived alone for two years and mostly enjoyed exploring and never had prem at the start.

Your experience is very similar to mine.

• Like 1

Grats Alkhadias, good to see you still playing and enjoying wurm

• Like 1

Oh, it's so nice to see you too Mormo! And thank you! I'm always glad when i can see faces from the past. Brings back all best memories.

Grats on the winning, i am close to it my self too!, only 2 more left, 99ql imp and repair fences 6000 :)

• Like 1

On 22.04.2018 at 0:08 AM, Themystrix said:

Grats on the winning, i am close to it my self too!, only 2 more left, 99ql imp and repair fences 6000 :)

Wish you best of luck! You can start from repairing fences in my perimeter :P

• Like 1

Ohh grats on the winning! But moreso, I'm really happy to know you took over the Lemosa places. I hope you don't really feel obligated, though, just do what makes you feel right - and enjoy the game. I heard it's there for having fun :)

Be sure to let me know if you need help on the academy!

• Like 1