Sign in to follow this  
Guest stika

Ash kiln

ever tried farming ash...

as it is:

a kindiling fire uses a kindling lasts a few minutes and leaves behind 0.10 of ash...

a log fire uses a log and a kindling lasts a fair while and leaves behind 0.10 of ash..

a tree fire uses a kindling and as large a felled tree as you can carry and leaves behind 0.10 of ash

with a ash kiln.... or possibly if burning wood in an oven.

i propose every 2 kilo's(of fuel) past the first lighting produces another 0.10 of ash, but to compensate ash decays 100% in 24 hours. (48hours max)

Activate Kindling.

Use on Log -> create -> containers -> pile

Result.

Unfinished pinewood pile

add 20 logs, 2 dirt and fire it up.

Will result in several each of coal, Tar and Ash.

Because of this, -1.

-1 mate. You just have to be patient. Make a big group of fires (not all on the same tile) and light them before you go to bed. Fuel them each with a wood scrap, and when you wake up, you get ash.

piles are a pita. and there is no need to fuel a fire.... what i was trying to point out and what you obviously missed was if i burned 1000 trees on the same fire id still only get 0.10 ash at the end of it. do you have any idea the lag that 1000 seperate fires would create in the vacinity. my mates computer disconects when i light the oven to cook some meals. even i get bad lag after a few fires are lit. i could point out the very obvious tactic that this highlights as well but i won't. that and to many fires in wild is sure to draw unwanted attension.

you dont need to fuel a kindling fire to get ash, just the kindling on its own is enough.

pinewood piles are sucky, but for all that effort you still get a small amount of ash, the tar and charcoal can rot, we dont want or need it.

I, for one, cant understand what you want this huge amounts of ash for. Making lye? ok, i can dig that but you're not gonna use up more than 0,25 kg of finished lye per hide anyway.

Ash is a by-product, and i like it very much as it is right now, thank you. I think your idea is novel, but overall completely unnecessary.

What i would like to see, however, is that Ash would be given a grace period of 24 hours before it starts decaying, though. After their latest decay-tweak, you cant wait until the pinewood pile has finished burning before collecting your ash, because if you do most of it will either have rotted away or be severely damaged.

piles are a pita. and there is no need to fuel a fire.... what i was trying to point out and what you obviously missed was if i burned 1000 trees on the same fire id still only get 0.10 ash at the end of it. do you have any idea the lag that 1000 seperate fires would create in the vacinity. my mates computer disconects when i light the oven to cook some meals. even i get bad lag after a few fires are lit. i could point out the very obvious tactic that this highlights as well but i won't. that and to many fires in wild is sure to draw unwanted attension.

you dont need to fuel a kindling fire to get ash, just the kindling on its own is enough.

pinewood piles are sucky, but for all that effort you still get a small amount of ash, the tar and charcoal can rot, we dont want or need it.

i dont disconnect, i just freeze untill fire is out, or i magically move away :/ :'( rolf please fix this :'(