Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

More complex drinks (cocktails, etc.)

To me, the biggest gap in the new cooking system is the lack of complexity and variety in drinks. Most of them are relatively straightforward, and some of those can be flavored/distilled, but... that's about it.

It just seems like beverages got the short end of the stick here, aside from the basic fermenting/distillation mechanics.

There's so much more that can be done with this!

• Liquor cocktails
  • Non-alcoholic mixed drinks (e.g. Arnold Palmer)
  • Sangria
  • Mulled wine
  • Wassail
  • Various forms of fruit punch
  • Flavored lemonades
  • Masala chai and other more complex tea varieties
  • Horchata
  • New drink components, such as nut milks

I'll also take this opportunity to mention, as I did during the cooking update's development, that alcohol is still sort of broken. It still hydrates you (even though stronger liquors definitely should not), so you can't drink much before being too "bloated". This means that not only does the reed pen/measuring jug exploit still exist (taking smaller sips for the same alcohol content), it's basically required. It's hardly ideal when a system like this requires the use of counterintuitive, buggy behavior in order to function, but from a game design and player QoL perspective.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 4

I will not rest until I can make switchel and dark 'n' stormies

20 hours ago, armyskin said:

Some boys took them from the yard apparently.

I thought they were cracking a cold one.

They were, but they're back in town by now, I think.

Back on topic, we already have cold ones. Unless by "cold ones" you mean milkshakes, which of course you do.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Warlander said:

Kvass for me please. :)

This ^_^ Can even add flavoured ones :D I was even suggesting it when there was competition thing for our recepies to be included sligthly before update release but sadly it didn't make the cut :(

• Like 1

Pina Colada also, we already have coconut, pineapple and rum :)

and while we're discussing it, can we move eggnog from baking to beverages?  the wlogic bends my brain.

• Like 2

+1

i would like to see the same concert as wine but for beer, grow, pick ferment, boom.... it would love to see a table full of drinks on them for when the party starts, digging party that is.

• Like 1

+1.more varied fun things to get wasted (or not) with.

and maybe have a real reason to make those drinks aside from fun: wine and sandwitches helps regen stamina, so maybe some food and drinks could have more effects? help boost harvests, imping or work speed. not huge things (1-5% extra help tops?). but that extra little reason to create and use those recipes instead of generic water and meal?