Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Bring Back Heirlooms Section of the Wiki

I was trying to find the heirlooms section of the wiki again to review some of the history, and I found out that it appears all the articles have been removed. 

I think this is a mistake, the heirlooms page had quite a few chunks of content that added a lot of history, flavor, and world building to our pvp game.

For example:

Excalibur - Steel Longsword of 90ql+ pulled from the sword in the stone

Aegis of the Earth: A material free plate armor that was made by Oracle himself, (I held a piece for a short time I can confirm it exists/existed)

Dungesune - Epic: Rare Adamantite 2h Axe, with a storied history of its wielder Oniichan and the corpses that followed with it.

Even some goofy ones:

Rod of CAPSALOT - Some dumb fishing rod

Anvil of Doom - Anvil with a story to tell

Allow Heirlooms to exist again, at least on the wiki.

• Like 2

I'll bring this up with the Wurmpedia people and see if there's a proper namespace for fanfiction/player stories like this.

There were pages removed that were full of broken links, abandoned, or had no real place on the wiki at all. However, most pages were moved to Lore, Historical, Guides etc. namespaces that were created to clear them off of the main namespace.  Go under advanced search to find those articles.

The Main namespace is reserved for current accurate information about Wurm Online, not for player history and stories. They shouldn't belong on the Wurmpedia at all, but we created namespaces to separate them so players could keep their stories.

It does appear those pages are gone even after advanced search, I do have copies somewhere though.

But good to hear! Thanks!

I remember Excalibur. It's still here, but this was prior to the metal update (first one) where you could not make weapons out of steel.

This is all I could find on Excalibur, I agree though, heirlooms need to return.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Steel_Longsword

It reads.

Only one in existence: Excalibur. It is considered an heirloom.

And yes, the original page about Exaclibur seems to have been deleted by Seedlings over here.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Excalibur

It reads

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

• 18:17, 5 October 2016 Seedlings (Talk | contribs) deleted page Excalibur (Inappropriate for wiki main pages, contact for alternative solution)
Edited by Theodein

The problem with heirlooms is that they were an odd mish-mash of historical Wurm information, individual player stories, and outright fanfiction. It's hard to even determine where pages like that would end up.

For example, the fact that there was a sword made out of water being passed around is historically relevant and objective information. On the other end of the spectrum, there were one or two heirloom articles written about items that explicitly didn't exist yet, listed with an item creation date of "Not created yet", the article itself being some sort of fan-fiction lore narrative.

The fact that the Steel Longsword article still exists is something of an anomaly. It was probably missed when the other pages were removed.

So all PMK, village, and player pages will be removed as well?

"The Main namespace is reserved for current accurate information about Wurm Online, not for player history and stories."

Will a space be made for these to be restored and archived or are we now abandoning our history?

10 hours ago, armyskin said:

So all PMK, village, and player pages will be removed as well?

"The Main namespace is reserved for current accurate information about Wurm Online, not for player history and stories."

Will a space be made for these to be restored and archived or are we now abandoning our history?

This was done a long time ago, and there was a lot of discussion about this at the time.

There are Historical, Lore, Settlement, and Player namespaces for things like that.