Sign in to follow this  
Szymanski

Does anyone want to help update the Celebration map?

I'm not really sure if anyone is up to the task. But it would be a really nice thing for the Celebration community. I can help verify certain settlements that still exist, someone could update the icons on the map, etc. We could form a little group.

I assumed Edgar was updating the map, but he hasn't responded to my PM. He could just be busy though.

Edited by Szymanski
  • Like 1

Egard is really busy irl but will be back sometime soon .

• Like 1

seems to me like egard its just saying that he is working on it to stop others from even considering it. but what do i know im just the guy who saved celebration from having to use this for a map.

http://i.imgur.com/aYheX.jpg

be glad nobody bothered saving Quiglen´s map attempts!

Kristof was doing it for a long while until his health declined. Before giving it up, he rode around then entire island for what was accurate at least twice over. He handed it over to Edgard. I know it's maddening, but hopefully Edgard will update it soon enough.

Edited by PandyLynn
more info
  • Like 2

I wish I had the know-how. I'd update it myself. Alas.. I'm old and stupid. :(

10 hours ago, Tpikol said:

seems to me like egard its just saying that he is working on it to stop others from even considering it. but what do i know im just the guy who saved celebration from having to use this for a map.

http://i.imgur.com/aYheX.jpg

be glad nobody bothered saving Quiglen´s map attempts!

He's going through a hard time RL right now, genuinely.

It happens, Prophetears. Real life tore us down bad. All we can do is band together like community does. ((hugs))

i could do a remake ,updating whatever features need changing on the template change the map dump and whatever else needs to change to bring the map up to standards but i cant be trusted to continue the day to day updates. im gone from wurm. i just check the forums sometimes to see how the maps are going.

so if anyone know about about the basics of Photoshop or some other program to do the day to day updates you can pm me or whatever and il do that and hand it over. and if you dont need me thats fine too :D

Edited by Tpikol

On 4/19/2018 at 6:34 AM, Tpikol said:

Goodness, that map is old. Was that like, two weeks since the new servers opened in 2012-2013?
I also noticed the SE lake (that I currently live next to), there used to be an island there? Wow.

Edited by Benie