Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Start a wurmian community PR team

So basically this suggestion is to create a team dedicated to advertising wurm online through various platforms on the internet : e.g. youtube, FB and so on. 

Why? Because Wurm needs new players and a lot of us actually would love to see new blood in it. 

So how would this work?

We'll form a team , let's say through discord and start outlining a basic plan to advertise and create ad content we could share on free to use sites. Someone could help by making or creating a compilation of youtube tutorials. Another could find or create stunning pvp encounters and battles. One could help by writing content for various interesting stories that happened/could happen in wurm or even create machinima videos using Wurm Unlimited or WO. Other people make artwork stories or comics about WO stories, servers, events, etc. 

The team will be community driven, with the sole purpose of generating visibility for Wurm Online. So what do you guys think? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Wurm already has a PR manager with a assistant

Still doesn't mean that the community can't do their own thing.

Indeed, wurm can use all the visibility it can get since it's still a pretty obscure game. You really can't find it on most games sites because of how shadowed it is in the bowels of the internet. 

Don't know that this belongs in suggestions so much as town square, but I'll chime in.

I love the idea of more people advertising Wurm in their own ways. I also love the idea of our CR team getting more help from the community with things like this. I'm all for it if people want to post about Wurm on games sites and stream and create cool advertisements for Wurm. I think it would be so cool to share these things with the CR coordinator, too, so it can be shared on the official Facebook and such.

I'm sure if you have ambition to advertise for Wurm and work for the community, @Retrogradewould be more than happy to talk to you about joining the team as well! We have a few ideas brewing for the near future but the more minds, the merrier!

I could be wrong, but when I originally signed up for PR a long time ago, it was for a much larger team than what we currently have. 

Nothing wrong with expanding a team especially if it is all for voluntary work. God knows I would do it, I have 1.5 years of Assistant Communications Director experience for an International Affairs NGO. My real life self is much more tactful.  

Edited by FranktheTank

50 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Nothing wrong with expanding a team especially if it is all for voluntary work. God knows I would do it, I have 1.5 years of Assistant Communications Director experience for an International Affairs NGO. My real life self is much more tactful.  

I definitely encourage you and anyone else interested in this to speak to Retro. We could do a whole lot more on the Community Relations team if we had more manpower behind it!