Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

"Newbie Friendly" should disallow Fog Spiders

I understand BEARS are eliminated under "Newbie Friendly" so I have no idea why fog spiders would be spawning as they are very HARD for new players. I may have been told wrong about bears, but when I checked my database I had THREE black bears and NINETY fog spiders.  

IMO, 'newbie" class hostiles should include:   rats, cats, mountain lions, wolves, BEARS, cave bugs, crabs, goblins

From wiki:

Fog Spider is a dangerous, aggressive animal with eight legs and an appetite for players.

Notes

• Fog spiders run as fast as a player with no load. Younger and older spiders are slower.
  • All spiders are known to pursue players for quite a distance.
  • Fog spiders can teleport and phase through fences and walls. [16:46:48] Aged fog spider phases!
  • Fog spiders have stun attacks and deal poison wounds.
  • Fog spiders drop 1 kg of water upon death, which has no side effects when drinking. It is found in the corpse.

Fighting Tips

• Fog spiders, like all other animals, become stronger and bigger as they age.
  • A young fog spider is weak, and does not aim well for the head.
  • Older fog spiders are strong, cause a lot of damage per hit, and will aim for the head. (They also focus with more success)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I think newbie friendly flag only affects "normal" (tile/lair based) spawns, fog spiders spawn by a separate chunk of code when it's foggy.

But yeah it would make sense if setting it on disabled them.

Wait, what?  On "newbie friendly" we had bears and even trolls. I assumed it just kept out the uniques.