Sign in to follow this  
Galatyn

Anyone going to Wurm World (Scarborough Renaissance Festival) tomorrow?

https://www.srfestival.com/

Anyone from the Dallas area in Texas going to Scarborough Faire this year?  If going tomorrow (sorry late notice) let's meet up and I'll buy you a beer and/or pretzel.  Send me a forum message.  :)

• Like 1

Moved to Wood scraps. :) 

Btw, I would definitely join, if only I would live there... that festival looks awesome! Hopefully some fellow Wurmians would join you. :) 

• Like 1

I went about 5 years ago.  Seems little more than an outdoor shopping mall these days.

@Wargasm   Sorry to hear about your experience.  While there are great medieval crafts that can be purchased, there are also incredible shows, fun games, and a very entertaining social environment by seeing all of the people dressed up. Hopefully the next time you visit, you'll have a better experience.

I live near Scarborough and I aint never heard of it! Will go in the future tho :)

• Like 1

The Renaissance Festival out in Sterling New York was amazing, they work really hard to make it great. Permanent location with taverns, stone buildings and walls like an actual castle. Fire eaters, shows, jousting tourneys, amazing food and games. I miss it myself.

http://www.sterlingfestival.com/

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

The Renaissance Festival out in Sterling New York was amazing, they work really hard to make it great. Permanent location with taverns, stone buildings and walls like an actual castle. Fire eaters, shows, jousting tourneys, amazing food and games. I miss it myself.

Yep, ours is almost identical to that.  I looked through that website at the performers and recognized many of the same names/acts. I really like how visitors get into it and dress the part.  Some outfits look really cool.

• Like 1

I haven't been to Scarborough Faire in a couple of decades now, wish I lived closer so I could go again.  Hope you enjoy yourself.

I live in Scarborough and the fair isn't for another month!
oh.. Texas.. not North Yorkshire. 
my bad :P;) 

• Like 1

I had a great time at Scarborough Faire.  Talk about "It's a small world" ..... When I first started playing Wurm back in 2013, I founded my deed on Release and soon after a neighbor moved in right next to me and has been a neighbor to this day, and we met in real life for the first time at the Faire.  Turns out we both live in the Dallas, Texas area.

Anyways, I went to check out the armour shop for a plate imp.

GdX6gBT.jpg

When a black drake suddenly appeared out of nowhere and started chasing me.

uVvbars.jpg

So, I found an old friend, Sir Chopsalot, to help me slay the beast.

B76F4Jz.jpg

Turns out, the black drake was attacking many people in the town, so they threw us a parade in celebration for slaying it.

rkqB9WU.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/19/2018 at 10:12 AM, FranktheTank said:

Too bad it seems every year might be their last. They've had nothing but financial issues for the past decade or so. It's lots of fun & honestly seems to be getting better now that Don Juan & Miguel bought it.

If you're ever up this way & plan on going, hit me up. I'm always up for a turkey leg & pie. I just don't have anyone to go with & it's really not that fun to wander it alone.

36 minutes ago, zethreal said:

Too bad it seems every year might be their last. They've had nothing but financial issues for the past decade or so. It's lots of fun & honestly seems to be getting better now that Don Juan & Miguel bought it.

If you're ever up this way & plan on going, hit me up. I'm always up for a turkey leg & pie. I just don't have anyone to go with & it's really not that fun to wander it alone.

I used to live up in Western New York, but have since moved to the Nations Capitol. So unfortunately my likelihood of returning to Sterling is limited.

Edited by FranktheTank