Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

[Bug] Item pile in inventory does not lose rarity after using rare item

This is the third time its happened, so thought I'd post and see if I'm the only one. 

Three times attaching a rare item to an object, in this case a rare log to a coal pile, the roll sounds, the item attaches, and instead of getting a rare item, the list of the item I was using (in this case logs) turns rare, not the item i'm attaching to. The pile of logs weren't rare, the item header: Logs shows as blue (rare) but nothing in there seems to be rare.

It appears as if it's assigning the rare incorrectly.

This happens in cases where it's a large quantity of items in your inventory. The other time was attaching a plank to bsbs. Random rare MOI, plank attached, no rare bsb, but the item header: planks showed blue.

I was trying to remember the third one, and IIRC it involved wood products, but can't be specific.

The item list turning blue is odd, but the rest of this doesn't sound buggy to me: When attaching a rare item, your chance for it to turn the item you're making rare is 1 divided by the number of total items in the thing you're building. There's never a guarantee that the item you're building will turn rare, and a pretty good chance it won't.

the item list isnt odd at all. its simply caused by having a rare, stackable item on top of the stack. the only bugged thing about this would probably be that the stack turns blue to indicate a rare item being the top-most yet it never returns to the normal colour if the rare item is removed from the stack.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

The item list turning blue is odd, but the rest of this doesn't sound buggy to me: When attaching a rare item, your chance for it to turn the item you're making rare is 1 divided by the number of total items in the thing you're building. There's never a guarantee that the item you're building will turn rare, and a pretty good chance it won't.

I know that. Thanks for stating the obvious. This wasn't about not getting a rare.. 

4 minutes ago, Arium said:

the item list isnt odd at all. its simply caused by having a rare, stackable item on top of the stack. the only bugged thing about this would probably be that the stack turns blue to indicate a rare item being the top-most yet it never returns to the normal colour if the rare item is removed from the stack.

Yea, there is no rare item in the pile. You can transfer them to a bulk container of any type and not get the normal message.  

Expected server behaviour, just a glitched client display.

I've moved this to client bugs and clarified the title

Added to the list. 

The same behavior will happen even without a rare roll, so the rarity check is not involved in the issue.

Put a rare plank in inventory.

Put 3 more regular planks in inventory.

Drop the rare plank.

The inventory group remains blue.

• Like 1

@Retrogradethere were no rare items in the stack though, so it's not a rare item not losing rarity. In my case each time I had a rare roll, the item created was not rare, but the stack header was blue. 

Yes, i checked each one with "examine"

Yes, thats what I mean, after you use the rare item the item pile/inventory group header stays the rare/supreme/fantastic. It's been confirmed to be a bug and passed to the devs though 

On 4/30/2018 at 10:03 PM, Retrograde said:

Yes, thats what I mean, after you use the rare item the item pile/inventory group header stays the rare/supreme/fantastic. It's been confirmed to be a bug and passed to the devs though 

I was creating items, not using them. IE, creating a stack of shafts. I wasn't using the shafts.

Your first post indicated that you were attaching a rare log to a coal pile.  That client issue we know about.  If there was a rare in your group and it's used up, the group name stays rare.

Three times attaching a rare item to an object, in this case a rare log to a coal pile, the roll sounds, the item attaches, and instead of getting a rare item, the list of the item I was using (in this case logs) turns rare, not the item i'm attaching to. The pile of logs weren't rare, the item header: Logs shows as blue (rare) but nothing in there seems to be rare.

Now you are saying that if you have a group of items and none of them are rare, if you get a moment of inspiration, the group name turns rare - even though you never had a rare item in the group.  Am I understanding that correctly?

Ex.

You are building a bsb.  You have NO rare planks in your inventory.  While you are attaching, you get a Moment of inspiration.  The bsb does not turn rare but the item header in your inventory of planks is now blue?

If that's what you are saying, I cannot reproduce that at all.

I tried on test with a bsb, forcing a rare roll for the nails and half the planks.  Never did the group headers turn rare, nor did the bsb.  I then tried with a forced supreme roll.  After 3 tries, the planks never turned supreme, but the unfinished bsb did, so I ended my test.

I can't explain your headers getting color nor can I reproduce it.  Can you post a console log in the event that it is something in your settings?  

Can you reproduce it 100% of the time? Meaning everytime you get a moment of inspiration your inventory group turns color?