Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

BOOM Recipe

Guaranteed recipe for population BOOM!  Here it goes...

1.  Create brand new PVP server to replace Epic AND Chaos, attached to Freedom cluster with Epic Rules.  Call it something original, I dunno, like... WILD!  Leave Epic and Chaos open for the time being so people can migrate there. Allow Epic items over to Freedom (whatever you can carry - one time "exodus"). Give it 6 months, then trash those servers forever.  Really want to top it off?  Have a contest to see who can make the best PVP map in the community and let the devs pick the winner.  Then deploy it!

2.  Lower premium to $5 USD per character. Yes, USD... in the very near future the Dollar is going to shoot up over the Euro and it will be your loss if you stick with it.

3.  Advertise, Advertise, Advertise a brand new PVP server with all the new pvp engine tweaks, a new Wurm UI, the fresh new tutorial, and more importantly, the new subscription price!

Watch the numbers and the money pour in!

• Like 2

You lost me at "new server".  They can barely maintain the ones they have!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

You lost me at "new server".  They can barely maintain the ones they have!

You have been around here long enough to know good and well that a new server always causes a spike in the population.

40 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

Allow Epic items over to Freedom (whatever you can carry - one time "exodus").

NO!

45 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

Lower premium to $5 USD per character. Yes, USD... in the very near future the Dollar is going to shoot up over the Euro and it will be your loss if you stick with it.

Also NO! Stop being poor kthx.

77afe38de6e3e9a4ce6bab28d770220c.jpg

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

A new server would boost pop briefly and then go back to normal again, although I highly doubt a pvp one would. Few want to pvp due to numerous reasons that are discussed daily on these forums, freedom and pvp will always be divided while sotg is still a thing.

I'm pretty sure the devs are working on new advertising and they are constantly updating the game, which barely any 10 year old game gets. 

I have no comment to the dollar statement, its just hilarious. 

Why so many topics about the population? The games not dying, seems to me the only people that it bothers are those out to make a living from the game rather than putting money into it. 

Edited by LordLouis
Why not
  • Like 3

Must be  troll,  the euro is in a 2 year high in comparison to USD, near future euro is on the rise. Def. not the way around, esp. concerning so called - US "politics" xD

Edited by Ridlez
  • Like 1

BOOM would be wurm app, so we could play it at work on our phones.

Edited by bangzuvelis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Niki said:

Also NO! Stop being poor kthx.

77afe38de6e3e9a4ce6bab28d770220c.jpg

First, I am by no means poor.  Cheap?  Maybe, but not poor.

Second, this is about population increase and without a price cut, it will never happen.

2 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

First, I am by no means poor.  Cheap?  Maybe, but not poor.

Second, this is about population increase and without a price cut, it will never happen.

I guess it depends on where you live but premium really is not that expensive. Plus, you have the option of purchasing it ingame if you live in a place where its relatively expensive. A population boom is nice, but the devs should not try to boom until they have completed the new GUI. Attracting lots of players only for them to leave shortly after does no good. I feel that when the new gui is added, a lot of people would find the game easier to get into. It's a big complaint I read a lot on the WU steam reviews, so I think this is the major thing to look at.

I enjoy occasionally playing on the PVP servers because the game is so dynamic, but "fixing" pvp is not going to magically make this the new WoW in terms of playerbase... While it would be great to see pvp fixed, I'm not sure what a new map and allowing people to bring stuff from epic is going to do to fix it other than a short burst of an inverted " we opened epic to freedom to revive it" 

I like it a lot, anything outside the petrodollar is trash tier currency anyway.

I've been saying for a long time that Wurm needs a reset server that basically resets every three months or so with a new map, etc. A seasonal reset, pretty much.

People get to keep their characters, skills, money and remaining upkeep, but everything else goes poof.

People can travel in and out of the server, but they can't take items with them. People on the server during the reset simply spawn at the starting town with a set of basic tools.

Maybe have a hall of fame that gets updated after every reset with the top players of that season. Most players killed, most monsters killed, most money earned, etc etc. Have some aesthetic item rewards, like for instance a monocle for the player that earned the most money the previous season. That kind of stuff.