Sign in to follow this  
Prophetears

Name and Shame - Necroedarkslayer

11 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Yes, wrong and immoral.  That's not even a point of discussion.

I don't mind discussing anything I post, so long as it is accurately and genuinely characterized.  If you're just going to make stuff up and pass it off as something I'm saying then no, that is not ok.

The OP himself has no problem with anything I've said.  He's pointed out there's precedent for how to handle this and handled it'll be. 

Alyeska points out the rule is somewhat of a cover your ass policy in case a solution can't be determined.  No problem with what I've said, yet able to discuss it just fine which we have.  No issue whatsoever and I appreciate the dialogue.

You, on the other hand, say I don't see anything wrong with things being stolen.  Considering that's completely your own invention and not remotely close to who I am or my own personal ethics, yes, that is personal.

You say just because one can do something doesn't mean they should while quoting me as if the two are related... implying I somehow don't subscribe to the notion.  Again, complete fabrication of your own.  Yes, I do take it personally when people put words in my mouth for their own vanity.

If you wish to discuss my points, then understand my points and stick to my points.  Otherwise, take it elsewhere.

That rule is made so the GMs can step in if they want, and not step in if they don't want. In recent cases I find it hilarious, how few years ago, when stuff was stolen from me, I contacted Enki, he didn't even bother to answer me, just added his assistant head GM-s to the conversations, who then started to convince me, how this all was my fault and how GMs are like insurance company, who don't do anything, when it is the customers fault.

Official statement from the assistant head GM from that time, and I quote here:

"You are correct about us being here to enforce the rules and I have just re-read them. I see no line in there saying theft is against the rules. Continued theft by a player could head in to harrasment (griefing) charges."

19 hours ago, Nappy said:

It's too bad they can't introduce a new field in the player's database called something like "Secondary password" and give that password only the ability to use the account, no ability to transfer ownership, change email etc.

Then people could share knowing that whoever held the primary password could always retake the account.

I imagine the login code would just need a slight tweak to check the password provided at login against two fields, the current primary password field and a secondary one.

It doesn't fix everything but maybe it preserves a key area.

At the end of the day people are only as good as whomever they are as people. No amount of technical things will overcome the root of who they are as a person.

Nappy you have always had great ideas.

I have played with many players on Epic, Chaos and Freedom. Those of you that have played with me know I would never willingly sell stolen goods. 

I play Wurm because I love the game. 

I don't want 1 poor choice to sell something for a friend to make me look like a bad person. 

Necro is sorta like the worst choice for friends, if anyone ever posted some of his chat logs of how he used to run people down while being on staff would understand the type of person he is.

• Like 1

I'm truly disappointed in you Necroe.  I know you read this thread and you know what you've done.  Idc about all of the lies you have told us or any of the other garbage you've done.  How ever, how can you steal from a person who literally gifted you a drake set you once lost at Edoras out of his own pocket?  How can you steal from someone who gave so much and asked for nothing in return?  Wtf is wrong with you?

• Like 7

As a general update, Necroe was/still is giving out access to the accounts that weren't his (Dagobert and Elamor). On top of that, there may have been a glimmersteel LMS and a red cherry for sale that may have also been stolen.

Edited by Prophetears
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Nappy said:

It's too bad they can't introduce a new field in the player's database called something like "Secondary password" and give that password only the ability to use the account, no ability to transfer ownership, change email etc.

Then people could share knowing that whoever held the primary password could always retake the account.

I imagine the login code would just need a slight tweak to check the password provided at login against two fields, the current primary password field and a secondary one.

I've suggested this to rolf before when i was emailing him about how bad the password "hashing" is and he didnt seem interested

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

I've suggested this to rolf before when i was emailing him about how bad the password "hashing" is and he didnt seem interested

To be fair, although CCAB does not forbid sharimg accounts, neither do they condone it. They even clearly state they do not offer support. Why would they make it easier or safer for you to share accounts, when they clearly suggest you do not do it? I'm just glad that at least they look into it on a case by case basis.

50 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

I don't think you can call changing the font to wingdings a password hash anymore than you can how wurm saves its passwords. It's just so your password isn't saved/sent in plain text.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

To be fair, although CCAB does not forbid sharimg accounts, neither do they condone it. They even clearly state they do not offer support. Why would they make it easier or safer for you to share accounts, when they clearly suggest you do not do it? I'm just glad that at least they look into it on a case by case basis.

To me I feel like it might be a good idea to support it. Since at the base level for any PvP player. The very nature of the game, unless you're abnormally wealthy just about dictates that account sharing is necessary to stay competitive. It's not the direct result of any one mechanic but more a result of many combinations of different factors and the current meta of doing so. Because of that the far simpler solution than seperately trying to address the game mechanics that lead people to account share. Surely it would be more reasonable to actually provide this kind of support at some level?

Note: I don't actually know how easy it would be to do what was suggested and that I also have no idea wtf I'm talking about.   

• Like 5

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth when a staff or former staff member abuses others.  It doesn't do our small community any good, and it looks bad on the staff as well.  Shameful to say the least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emoo said:

To me I feel like it might be a good idea to support it. Since at the base level for any PvP player. The very nature of the game, unless you're abnormally wealthy just about dictates that account sharing is necessary to stay competitive. It's not the direct result of any one mechanic but more a result of many combinations of different factors and the current meta of doing so. Because of that the far simpler solution than seperately trying to address the game mechanics that lead people to account share. Surely it would be more reasonable to actually provide this kind of support at some level?

Note: I don't actually know how easy it would be to do what was suggested and that I also have no idea wtf I'm talking about.   

It would be nice to see support from staff on the matter, and to certain level I believe they do, point in case Niru and this case. What I believe the reason for their stance is that if they provide support to account sharing, then players will inevitably demand compensation when they share their account, and then the other party cleans them out. Then you got those who would definately take advantage of the rule and consciously plan for ways to defraud the system.

Supporting account sharing would be very bad for business, because if you put the responsability on CCAB, then no one would care about protecting their accounts. "Its okay man, I trust you. If you do something wrong, then the GMs will take care of it." That's exactly what would happen, and they can't allow it.

On 4/15/2018 at 2:05 AM, Slickshot said:

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth when a staff or former staff member abuses others.  It doesn't do our small community any good, and it looks bad on the staff as well.  Shameful to say the least.

Worth noting that he was fired from staff when it became apparent what kind of person he is.  So it's not like staff is condoning this sort of thing, just that Necro is good at hiding his true nature.

• Like 10

Lol, necroe told me he quit because in-game gms would try get themselves involved with forum moderation, so as a sign of protest he left and got begged to come back by rolf. 

LOL FIRED DOH

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

Lol, necroe told me he quit because in-game gms would try get themselves involved with forum moderation, so as a sign of protest he left and got begged to come back by rolf. 

LOL FIRED DOH

Compulsive liar he is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wonka said:

Worth noting that he was fired from staff when it became apparent what kind of person he is.  So it's not like staff is condoning this sort of thing, just that Necro is good at hiding his true nature.

Not saying they do condone it.  Not at all.  Just saying it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.  Hoping no other staff members come along like him.

I've never had any problems with Necroe and I have always considered him a friend. But when this thread came to surface I realized, maybe I've just been a pawn in his game.

He told me some of Dagobert's stuff had gone missing, and turned suspicions towards Xallo or Alyeska. I don't know if this happened at the same time as the summerhat. So he might not be lying here, the investigation will tell.

Logging started 2017-10-23
[20:05:42] <Necroedarkslayer> I noticed some of dagos ###### was gone a while back but at the time i couldnt get ahold of dago though then so wasnt sure
[20:06:05] <Necroedarkslayer> But from the looks someone took off with dagos two small magic chests and his moon metal stash
[20:06:31] <Sharkin> aww
[20:06:32] <Necroedarkslayer> Xallo and aly to my knowledge were the only two with access that i know of
[20:06:56] <Necroedarkslayer> May have been another person or two that i didnt know of but im pretty sure it was only them

As mentioned in this thread, Necroe is accused of bashing houses in Kyara to steal items. In this conversation he called me to a meeting with some other people in discord, blaming Kingen for these actions. He never mentions Kingen in these logs but that's what happened.

Logging started 2017-11-10
[14:46:54] <Necroedarkslayer> Sharkin
[14:47:08] <Necroedarkslayer> You possibly available to talk by chance?
[14:47:16] <Sharkin> yeah
[14:47:24] <Necroedarkslayer> on some voice chat preferably?
[14:47:30] <Sharkin> yeah sure
[14:47:38] <Necroedarkslayer> JK teamspeak?
[14:47:39] <Sharkin> what's JKs discord link?
[14:47:46] <Sharkin> don't have teamspeak anymore :P
[14:47:53] <Necroedarkslayer> okay hold on
[14:48:31] <Necroedarkslayer> JK discord is gonna be tricky because this is about someone and Id rather not make this known until i talk with some people first and he may or may not jump in channel
[14:48:36] <Necroedarkslayer> but we can do it there i guess

My best wurm friend Greyhound had his high value items stolen along with his Bag of keeping. I understand now that there's a chance Necroe is behind this as well.

Logging started 2017-10-23
[20:03:18] <Necroedarkslayer> hey sharkin
[20:03:25] <Sharkin> yo
[20:04:04] <Necroedarkslayer> Greyhound changed his pass?
[20:04:29] <Necroedarkslayer> From the looks of things clerk may be missing money off it as well
[20:04:52] <Necroedarkslayer> He didnt change that one do you think you could ask him to change it and get the new hash to me and smacked?
[20:04:53] <Sharkin> yeah, since Xallo went to crusaders
[20:05:08] <Necroedarkslayer> good, nothing missing i hope?

It sure was!

I'm not really into this name and shame thing, but it's some of my oldest friends that has been screwed over here. Players have the right to know and be cautious, therefor I share this just to warn the community and help the investigation.

I really hope it wasn't you who took advantage of Greyhound's generosity. If you did, please return the items. I'd forgive you.

• Like 8

Man two chill and goodhearted guys being taken advantage of... greyhound and Dagobert literally some of the nicest people ever. Let’s hope he didn’t screw over Deathangel too. I know some older JK crew has been very cautious about him for a while. Here’s to hoping the Italian homies Davy and Padre as well as the VH crew Adamz Bald, and DA haven’t fallen victims to him as well. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 3

Can we get a Enki update on this situation? Seems like a insane amount of theft going on.

Is this 2018's version of Niru? This is getting weird. I never even knew these new people were victimized as well. And as usual, Necro still silent. 

1e5dc65709b3cb7553c4ffedcb72dd24.png

Can't pretend he doesn't know about it. Nothing to say?

• Like 1

He's silent because he did it, and if he speaks up, imore proof will be dropped publicly that has been kept for GM eyes only.

At least hes a stupid thief? I just wish those in JK had listened to me sooner about Necroe instead of just putting him back on a pedestal once we left, now he just walked out with moneybags.

Edited by Prophetears
  • Like 2

Necroe always called people into Coms to speak about issues such as above because it was easier way to avoid logs. Rarely would somebody record. safer. 

Edited by Mclavin

He was not a very bright fellow in terms of fighting people, I enjoyed a nice profit on the scale.

• Like 2

Camera Footage of Necro captured after the moment of the heist. Note he took off his leg plates to increase run speed.

zEq8e.gif

• Like 1

I haven't had any problems with Necro, he's helped me at times and I've helped him at times. The whole OP just looks like assumptions to me.

It's not weird at all that the post is from a forum account made this year...

Edited by KyleBooze
  • Like 1

Yeah cause it's a real mystery who's behind the account.