Animal Cages.  Open option on right click of saddle bag equipped mount.

16 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Wurm streaming and content creation! 

We (I) are (am) currently in the works of introducing a program to support those who take their time and showcase just what they get up to in wurm, be it streaming or youtube, we want to support those who make wurm more fun to watch and play, so we'll be working on helping you all through various means, including promotion through our social media and the possibility of partnering up with us for some streams! Of course there will be some requirements and expectations from streamers, but stay tuned for that coming out soon!

I don't think i'd be able to censor myself if i'm streaming myself making bulk.... i'll have to actually plan something seeing as yesterday we just bullied pandy and fought each other using chairs and tools... had to draw the line when a certain someone tried to fight me with two book cases

• Like 2

Wurm, I see you're trying to improve graphics. Could maybe look at these as a way to reduce the game's computer resource consumption:

1. Enable smaller texture resolutions, like 128k? There needs to be a separate setting for GUI and wold objects. I'm also pretty sure that the current "Texture size" setting doesn't apply to some world objects. When I set it to 256 the GUI elements blur out, so its work there, but nothing in the world seems to change.

2. Give us an option to use a front-facing 2D sprite for all creatures. These basically always face the player and look the same. Again, it must be an option as most fancy graphics folks would hate this.

Spot the errors: V18.04.12

• Bug fix: Missions will now display there correct karma per item when requiring multi part items.

ah those textures, I think I just fell in love! :wub:

I was a little apprehensive on hearing about animal colours coming back, but I can happily say that they look awesome, so all is well. Can't wait to see them in game!

(Hopefully my laptop can run it well enough for me to see it all for myself)

22 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Is it just the internet broken, I just noticed the header is not loading either. 8(

It looks to be something in the page's scripts that rewrites the image urls, changing the protocol from 'http' to https'. I only see this with Firefox, and for some reason only some weeks. Oh, and it fails using https as the certificate is not valid for content.wurmunlimited.com

11 hours ago, Xallo said:

OH THANK FO FINALLY YES THAT'S AMAZING.

(Will I need an 1180, 32GB RAM, and an i9 to run it maxed out on 4k though? :) )

No you won't. This is not an excuse for you to buy another graphics card, yet ;)

Normal and bump maps should hardly, if even at all, affect your performance. Some types of mapping can affect it (like parallax) but those two are very friendly for your computer. Specular mapping is also not bad. they are just extra texture to load is all, and just like regular textures I assume they will be put under an LOD slider so you can adjust what works for you.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

No you won't. This is not an excuse for you to buy another graphics card, yet ;)

Normal and bump maps should hardly, if even at all, affect your performance. Some types of mapping can affect it (like parallax) but those two are very friendly for your computer. Specular mapping is also not bad. they are just extra texture to load is all, and just like regular textures I assume they will be put under an LOD slider so you can adjust what works for you.

ta0pm.jpg

Xallo shot down!

• Like 1

Damn, Saroman has really outdone himself this time. So pleased the trait colours are coming back, does that mean though that they might actually spawn again I wonder. 

• Like 1

Do specular maps mean that seals and fog spiders will now look distressingly wet?

If not, why not, and how much do I have to pay to make this true?

You hear me,@Saroman!?

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:29 AM, joedobo said:

Give us an option to use a front-facing 2D sprite for all creatures. These basically always face the player and look the same

I have often thought of this *sprite* feature concerning crops, since if you look at them from one side direction they are very thin and featureless in comparison to the other way. We did have this *sprite* feature many years ago in an online building/chat game called Active Worlds, so it always comes to mind when I view the "flat" side of crops here. Maybe it is not resource friendly for Wurm, this being the reason it is not implemented here?

=Ayes=

4 hours ago, Ayes said:

I have often thought of this *sprite* feature concerning crops, since if you look at them from one side direction they are very thin and featureless in comparison to the other way. We did have this *sprite* feature many years ago in an online building/chat game called Active Worlds, so it always comes to mind when I view the "flat" side of crops here. Maybe it is not resource friendly for Wurm, this being the reason it is not implemented here?

=Ayes=

paper mario strikes again (?)
at least not selling it as feature

I love the huge number of updates and additions you add now all the time! Only too bad, it is kinda late for that all, 3-4 years ago it was the time to solve those long standing bugs to be honest. Is there any plan, that Wurm online could be transfered to a steam program, as similar as Wurm Unlimited? I would never ever start new in WU, i would only like to transfer existing WO chars to a proper steam game. Would be a good addition and steam players would come to WO big servers instead hosting their own. Would be nice.

awesome to see this !

will terrain textures be getting normal maps as well as specular maps for when it rains?

On 4/21/2018 at 1:55 PM, Daryan_AT said:

I love the huge number of updates and additions you add now all the time! Only too bad, it is kinda late for that all, 3-4 years ago it was the time to solve those long standing bugs to be honest. Is there any plan, that Wurm online could be transfered to a steam program, as similar as Wurm Unlimited? I would never ever start new in WU, i would only like to transfer existing WO chars to a proper steam game. Would be a good addition and steam players would come to WO big servers instead hosting their own. Would be nice.

I don't get it. What's the advantage of putting the WO client on Steam?

43 minutes ago, Aum said:

awesome to see this !

will terrain textures be getting normal maps as well as specular maps for when it rains?

Terrain will get normal maps as well, visible wetness is something we'll be keeping in mind for future changes.

• Like 4

What about the new metal shaders? It would be nice if, for example, iron looked more "rough" and less "shiny" than silver or gold. Right now, silver actually manages to look duller than iron does.

18 hours ago, Samool said:

Terrain will get normal maps as well, visible wetness is something we'll be keeping in mind for future changes.

Hurray! Rain puddles!