Sign in to follow this  
Ohana

Lead Permissions, Rework.

Make the "Lead" permission in deed permissions only apply too leading unbranded animals on deed. Instead of giving lead permission to all animals branded by your deed. Branding a animal should override deed "Lead" permissions. So only players listed on manage animal can lead your horse.  Any player that has a permission on manage animal for that horse should be able to lead it. The deed should not control permission on my horse once I have branded it and set permissions.

• Like 6

With animal cages this becomes even more problematic. Have permission to lead that branded horse but not ride it. You can stick it in a animal cage and take it to another server where you can now have full use. 

• Like 1

It's understandable if:

- lead = ride

- perm to lead on deed means lead all non-branded animals

- for branded, if you, individually or by group, are on the horse, to ride or manage, then you can of course lead it too; otherwise no.

This way if it's non-branded, then of course "lead" means "ride", and if it's branded, "ride" permission controls who can lead.

I must have heard of some cases even before creature cages, when "your special branded horse" could be lead away and killed or potentially so, for gear. On the other hand, it's rather tough, if you have villagers, to not allow them to lead anything on deed, otherwise your own geared horse can be taken away. 

Now with creature cages, it's even clearer: if one can lead, then they can take your horse on another server, where it loses permissions/brand, and grab it as their own.

Lead is too powerful, and it's not necessary to be. Just bring it back to lead = ride.