Sign in to follow this  
Korhaka

Ability to improve meals and drinks

I would love to try cooking and beverages skills more, but within 15 minutes of trying to raise either skill it causes quite severe wrist pain from the huge amount of clicking and dragging required, why not instead allow raising the skills by improving meals or drinks instead. Or at least some method that doesn't cause repetitive strain injury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Go slower or take a pill.

Do both and it sounds like two people having a good time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't know, mate. From real life experience I can tell you that all the seasoning in the world won't fix a botched meal. Not seeing how meals would be "improved" ingame either. Perhaps with a *little bit* of seasoning ontop that'll give it a slight QL boost, but as every meal comes out as good as it can be(depending on your skill and ingredient quality), there's literally not much room for improvement. And that's where cooking differs drastically from many other skills that you can grind via improvement, hence the improvement mechanic would feel pretty misplaced here.

I had a vague idea of how the dragging about of recipes can be made nicer, because that truly can be a pain, but it's not a significant improvement over what we already have. Just like a real kitchen that mass produces food(like in a restaurant), the proper setup and preparation will do a lot to cut the tedium and improve efficiency. (Preheat your ingredients in bulk in some other containers like backpacks, have lots of cooking containers, use multiselect and shift+enter dragging, etc. Using all that, it could barely be made any better.)

• Like 1

I don't support improving meals but i'd support something that perhaps makes use of the crafting menu or adding in new keybindings that allow you to move activated items to a selected container etc

Just anything that won't kill your wrist from the repeated movements

-1 HFC is already easy to grind, if the repeated clicking and dragging is causing issues, do small batches throughout your session.

• Like 1

Worksock, sure with that, improving is just the obvious idea I came up with. But seriously a game should not cause wrist pain, thats just bad design.

• Like 1