Sign in to follow this  
cprn

Saddles destroyed on horses when slot taken

Hello,

With new update to WU we got saddlebags. As i found out today there's a bug allowing for satchels and backpacks to be dropped on a horse torso instead of a saddle. If saddle is dropped on top it gets destroyed. Steps to reproduce:

1. tame a horse
  2. put a satchel on torso
  3. put a saddle on torso
  4. saddle gets destroyed

Confirmed on "1x - New Player Friendly - RPvEvP" server with GM's assistance. Quote from event window:

[00:00:45] Horse gets a satchel.
[00:01:40] Horse gets a saddle.
[00:01:53] You need to carry that item to use it.
[00:01:55] Horse drops a satchel.
[00:02:47] Horse gets a satchel.
[00:02:50] Horse drops a satchel.
[00:03:33] Horse gets a backpack.

Image showing the issue:

tXLPAQ5.png

Edited by cprn
added pic and quote

This isnt happening in a vanilla server with no mods, so it may be related to a mod on the server, the error I get when trying is:

[12:09:55] You are not allowed to do that.

There are no mods on the server and I can repeat it every time. :/ "You're not allowed to do that" sounds like you didn't tame your horse.

Edited by cprn

Thats the message you get when you try to place a satchel or any item that isnt meant to go in the torso slot. tamed or not

We'll need more incidents of it happening on other servers most likely, since I cannot replicate it. 

Server was reset due to applying a hotfix (AFAIK not related - a coins duping bug) and I cannot reproduce the issue now. Just to document it somewhere before I forget in case it happens again, maybe one of these extra steps is the cause:

1. it was first boot after 1.6 update
  2. I found an aged wild horse
  3. tamed it
  4. made it fight a bunch of sheep and rams
  5. tried to put on a saddle (with saddlebags and stuff inside) on torso but ended up drag&dropping a satchel (it worked but I didn't notice)
  6. put on a saddle on torso on top of the satchel (that I still didn't notice)
  7. satchel stayed equipped, the saddle disappeared (along with saddlebags and all the stuff)

From this moment on I could put any normally equip-able container on horse's torso, tried with backpack, satchel, quiver, all of these could store stuff no problem. GM tried to look at the horse but haven't seen anything unusual.

On an unrelated note I once managed to accidentally "loose" a snowball inside a horse by rapidly dragging them on its inventory tree ("look -> equipment" window). The snowball dropped when I killed it two in-game seasons later. I killed the horse from the issue described above as well but no saddle dropped.

Edited by cprn
clearing things up