Sign in to follow this  
CIRAY

Change the PvP Affinity System

The current PvP affinity system, apart from the affinity farming portion, is very poorly designed and doesn't work well at all. You go through the hard work of killing someone and there's no guaranteed affinity for it. On top of that, the affinity seems to go to the same few people 90% of the time, so a select few accounts are stacked with affinities whilst the rest of the players are left with nothing.

Here's a bit of data I've collected over the past few months regarding this new affinity system:

Spoiler

Since affinity change January 18, 2018:

Total kills: 44 Repeat kills: 8 Total affinities gained: 9 Percentage of kills that yielded an affinity gain (9 out of 36 kills): 25%

Chaos:
[2018-01-20] [15:22:32] Mattown slain by Ciray <(---solo kill, no affinity
[2018-02-01] [15:28:31] Zilbar slain by Wulfgar Ciray  <(---Ship building affinity to Wulfgar
[2018-02-20] [22:33:46] Ancei slain by Wulfgar Ciray  <(---no affinity
[2018-02-24] [17:15:46] Azraiel slain by Doctorchaos Ausimus Ciray Chasone <(---no affinity
[2018-02-24] [18:19:34] Bloodyhell slain by Doctorchaos Lmonkey Ciray Theshawv Subie <(---Weapon heads smithing affinity to Subie
[2018-02-24] [18:24:36] Maximillian slain by Doctorchaos Lmonkey Ciray Subie Theshawv <(---no affinity
[2018-02-24] [18:27:45] Malevolence slain by Doctorchaos Ausimus Lmonkey Ciray Milp Theshawv Subie Arakiel <(---Mind affinity to Arakiel
[2018-02-24] [18:29:20] Icenrns slain by Doctorchaos Ausimus Lmonkey Ciray Milp Theshawv Arakiel <(---Butchering affinity to Ausimus
[2018-02-24] [18:30:20] Shweet slain by Doctorchaos Ausimus Lmonkey Ciray Milp Subie Theshawv Arakiel Dadd <(---Weapon heads smithing affinity to Theshawv
[2018-02-25] [13:04:37] Tugekoka slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-25] [13:15:45] Tugekoka slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---repeat kill
[2018-02-25] [13:29:18] Fotb slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-25] [13:37:37] Tugekoka slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---repeat kill
[2018-02-25] [13:37:54] Lucky slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-25] [14:07:36] Lucky slain by Doctorchaos Xsamuraizx Ciray <(---repeat kill
[2018-02-26] [23:12:37] Sleepys slain by Aramisii Bloodmaster Threap Wulfgar Ciray Arakiel Dridmar <(---Shield smithing affinity to Threap
[2018-02-26] [23:12:55] Loink slain by Aramisii Bloodmaster Threap Wulfgar Ciray Neowyn Dridmar Arakiel <(---no affinity
[2018-02-26] [23:13:16] Neowyn slain by Aramisii Threap Bloodmaster Wulfgar Loink Ciray Dridmar Arakiel <(---Shield smithing affinity to Wulfgar
[2018-02-26] [23:13:51] Themystrix slain by Aramisii Threap Bloodmaster Phynx Wulfgar Ciray Dridmar Arakiel Neowyn <(---no affinity

[2018-03-01] [15:14:45] Yliandrian slain by Ciray <(---solo kill, no affinity

[2018-03-01] [15:16:53] Ancei slain by Ciray <(---solo kill, no affinity

[2018-03-18] [02:21:38] Lucky slain by Threap Wulfgar Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-03-18] [02:26:50] Lucky slain by Threap Ciray <(---repeat kill

[2018-03-18] [14:24:24] Fotb slain by Mith Kabill Revengo Ausimus Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-03-18] [14:30:09] Lucky slain by Kabill Revengo Ausimus Ciray <(---repeat kill
[2018-03-18] [15:30:31] Lucky slain by Mith Kabill Revengo Ciray Chasone <(---repeat kill
[2018-03-18] [15:37:46] Torvalar slain by Mith Kabill Revengo Ausimus Ciray Chasone <(---Swords affinity to Mith
[2018-03-18] [15:38:00] Lucky slain by Kabill Mith Revengo Ausimus Ciray Chasone <(---repeat kill
[2018-03-18] [16:03:38] Fotb slain by Mith Kabill Revengo Ausimus Ciray <(---repeat kill

[2018-03-18] [16:34:32] Blodeuwedd slain by Mith Threap Revengo Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-03-18] [16:35:07] Tedzogh slain by Mith Threap Revengo Thirtynine Ciray <(---Soul affinity to Mith
[2018-03-18] [16:35:51] Thunder slain by Mith Threap Revengo Thirtynine Ausimus Wulfgar Ciray  <(---no affinity

[2018-03-28] [20:29:36] Chestburster slain by Chubchub <(---solo kill, no affinity

[2018-04-04] [15:20:44] Tedzogh slain by Threap Ciray <(---no affinity

Epic:

[2018-01-19] [16:52:23] Firecat slain by Tulemees Monokles Daredevil Ciray Subie <(---no affinity

[2018-02-12] [22:31:14] Clova slain by Duyu Xallo Glasse Phynx Tallanu Ausimus Wulfgar Alphawolfen Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-12] [22:57:59] Demonanightshade slain by Duyu Xallo Glasse Tallanu Phynx Ausimus Wulfgar Ciray Chasone <(---no affinity
[2018-02-12] [23:00:21] Clova slain by Duyu Aramisii Titanic Glasse Xallo Phynx Tallanu Ausimus Wulfgar Daredevil Ciray Chasone <(---repeat kill
[2018-02-14] [00:44:09] Alphawolfen slain by Duyu Threap Tallanu Monokles Wulfgar Ciray Sixiron <(---no affinity
[2018-02-14] [00:44:43] Jukimo slain by Duyu Threap Tallanu Monokles Wulfgar Ciray Sixiron <(---no affinity

[2018-02-21] [00:54:41] Lundu slain by Sulfoce Gregory Threap Tallanu Wulfgar Ciray  <(---no affinity
[2018-02-21] [00:55:55] Alphawolfen slain by Sulfoce Gregory Threap Tallanu Wulfgar Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-21] [01:09:59] Johnston slain by Sulfoce Gregory Threap Tallanu Wulfgar Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-21] [01:12:00] Alphawolfen slain by Sulfoce Gregory Threap Wulfgar Ciray <(---repeat kill

I suggest we revert the system back to what it was prior to the change in January, allowing affinities to drop 100% of the time once again. On top of this, to make it more fair for newer players/players with fewer affinities, I suggest a change to make the affinity go to the player on the death tab with the fewest affinities. If there are multiple players with the same low amount of affinities, then a random roll is done among those players to decide who gets the affinity. This way, the players with fewer affinities can catch up to those who already have many affinities without having to battle the current system that hands out affinities to the same few players time and time again. 

Thoughts? @Budda@Retrograde

Edited by CIRAY
  • Like 7

+1. The affinity system was taken away from pvp and became a pve reward system: a reward for skilling instead of a reward for winning a fight. Its broken.

• Like 2

I have yet to get any affinity from the PVE system, and the PVP system seems like a failure in my eyes.

+1

• Like 1

+1 to the suggestion, but I also like PvE affinities; I wouldn't revert that.

The real problem all along was infini-farming affinities, and that's gone.

• Like 1

+1

i like this, improves the chances of those with only 1 or few affinities to get more

• Like 1

+1

if the player that dies has any affinity one of the killers should always get it.

Edited by Threap
  • Like 2

Will have another look at this - the way it decides the one person to get most of the rank gain and affinity is a bit weird and I don't like it (this is how its always been, not a new thing).

• Like 8

The freedom mechanic should stay. The random chance of gaining an affinity shouldn't be a thing in pvp. 

You've introduced a mechanic that allows freedom to gain affinity doing actions their playstyle fits, their only single argument against rules vs affinity farming was "we can't gain bonus on pve and don't want to legit pvp" this has now changed. 

We should look at making it more rule based and keep the mechanics only for Freedom and BL templates. Chaos is a pmk nation, those fighters should Always drop an affinity. Even their last one. For example you kill a champ with one affinity and he doesn't drop it?? 

There is no risk in that champ being farmed so he should be exempt from the protection of single affinity. 

Then just make it so any account under 70fs is only protected by affinity loss. 

On top of that make a ruling again so accounts like demondan can't be farmed or make it so only one affinity a week can be lost, pvp isn't in day to day never ending spurts so this would also be an option. 

Then you have self governed pmks who made rules before the gm that nobody in their kingdom could alt Farm. 

All this combined would be ok for chaos. 

Budda reply only will take CONSIDERATION into who that affinity is given to IF it drops, but the thread is saying its should Always drop Then figure out who gets it. 

Edited by Mclavin

Funny thing is there really was nothing wrong with the old system, sure the odd person farmed it, but did it really affect you in any way what so ever?

lol

you were on freedom so must have missed the 46 death tabs in 3 day thing. Also as many arguments stated hense a attempted change - it undermined pvp rewards.

Edited by Mclavin

There are measures put into place to prevent mass affinity farming now, so I think simply removing the CHANCE to get someone's affinity, if they have more than one, would solve everything for every honest non-farmed kill. There's no need for two differing affinity systems to try and solve one problem.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mclavin said:

you were on freedom so must have missed the 46 death tabs in 3 day thing. Also as many arguments stated hense a attempted change - it undermined pvp rewards.

OMG fake death tabs!

Oh the humanity!

Did it really hurt?

7 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

OMG fake death tabs!

Oh the humanity!

Did it really hurt?

An exploit has been closed. I am glad. :)

7 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

OMG fake death tabs!

Oh the humanity!

Did it really hurt?

Undermined the system and was exploit, so yeah? Dw jakey, we put you on freedom so your little head doesn't have to worry about these things. Go play safe mode :P

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, icbash said:

you're gonna explain why, because it's a pvp server??

22 hours ago, Mclavin said:

you're gonna explain why, because it's a pvp server??

i don't know why you think anyone needs to explain everything to the likes of you.

i have pvped and pvp still.

I feel it would be a bad change at this time. other things need work before this.. happy?

it's obvious some people will jsut slap a -1 on because they are mad alt affinity abuse was dealt with.  +1 to changing the current system, it's not ideal

On 4/12/2018 at 1:42 AM, MrGARY said:

it's obvious some people will jsut slap a -1 on because they are mad alt affinity abuse was dealt with.  +1 to changing the current system, it's not ideal

ah u can look at logs i never said i liked it.
i said it was unfair to remove it.
after years and years of people doing it.

You're not explaining to me, your explaining your point to the thread /op/devs. But ofc I'm the one that matters most in your eyes. Also very bad reason to - 1, couldn't think of something better in the spot eh. 

Seems to be working fine.

[22:14:32] Body strength has increased to rank 3 affinity

To be fair it was great that you pushed for the changes, picked up 4 affinities on freedom since the change went in.

How you thought anyone could rework the system so it would not be broken on chaos is funny though.

The only easy fix would be to pretty much put it back to the way it was and police the system for alt abuse.

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

To be fair it was great that you pushed for the changes, picked up 4 affinities on freedom since the change went in.

How you thought anyone could rework the system so it would not be broken on chaos is funny though.

The only easy fix would be to pretty much put it back to the way it was and police the system for alt abuse.

I think if a better system of who gets an affinity with simply capping how often someone can get an affinity from the same account would already put a big brake on the farming thing. Plus if very obvious farming occurs, give a warning, deaths tabs will show whats going on so it's no secret. I really like the affinities on skills you use. Best thing since the removal of skill decay, although they seem quite rare. The whole random maybe it will drop an affinity, and then maybe you will actually get it but maybe not, seems double.