Sign in to follow this  
RavenLure

[No Bug] Got the Runs in Wurm.. stews....

Ok let me give  you the stats then what is going on.

My cooking is 15.63 My hotfoods is 21.11

My nutrition starts at 79 

sauce pan used 21 ql or roughly there about I have several of them around the same QL

Using an Oven is 50 ql

Stews it does not matter which one, and no water is added non is called for in the recipe in the wurm cookbook..

But each time I make one and eat it my Nutrition starts at 79 then tanks some where in the 60's..... the last one I made as fillet fish stew... difficulty 23 .....ql was 41.41.....and weight was 3.37 I had the fish... the quality of the food was descent I use all the same ingredients in other recipes but only in stews do I have this problem. The other food I had in the stew was potato, carrots, cabbage, onion, peas and oh yes corn with the fish fillet..................and yet my nutrition tanked .. 

If any one has any suggestions or is this a bug... any help would be appreciated...thank you.

79 is actually a pretty high nutrition, so I would expect a stew with combined skills/qualities in 20s, to lower it fairly dramatically, maybe even to 50 or so,. 

Under the New Age of Cooking, I generally stick to pizzas with extra ingredients/herbs etc as those can boost very high, or if I am not yet advanced to pizzas then I usually stick with "breakfast" with extra spices and goodies but even those will hover closer to 60. at best.

Once you have a high nutrtition (79 is pretty high esp for a solo char in 20s skills/ingreddients), then anything under that will lower it pretty fast, it's kind of an annoying mechanic how FAST you can lost nutrition.

What you are describing here actually sounds very normal to me (41 quality stew tanking a high starting nutrition). Do you know how you initially got yours  to 79? I forget whether saccing generic rares gets nutrition boosted tor not, as I don;t do that too much.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Do you know how you initially got yours  to 79? I forget whether saccing generic rares gets nutrition boosted tor not, as I don;t do that too much.

I just found meals that worked for me Like round house pizza, lemon herb battered chicken and Fish meal are my standard ones.. bangers and mash if someone makes them good will also do the trick

When playing around with meals, you have to 'taste' them to check which nutritional 'rung' they are on. There are a few rungs. QL of the food matters somewhat, as does ingredients QL when making it, and skill plays a huge part in finished product.

I have noticed that almost all stews fall low - mid range on the nutrition ladder (Effectively making them worthless to make unless you're just starting off/skilling/don't care about your nutrition level) and then bread products often fall one rung short of 'max'. (I'm nearly 71 cooking, 86 HFC, 68 baking, 51+ DFM, 51+ Butchering, 58 beverages) I recently noticed after experimenting with salads (Can be eaten cold) that even nearly 71 QL (They come out at cooking level) don't produce the max rung nutrition (Even with multiple ingredients added...I was experimenting to add more ingredients to my cookbook on salads)...whereas a meal that was heated at around 70 QL would push you over into top rung.

I do find it odd that they are purposely making stews which is probably easiest for new folks to make (other than single item breakfasts for skill-gaining) into the thing that will demolish your nutrition and tank your skill gain.

If you're going for max nutrition, you want 'It is extremely nutritional'. Yes, heating the food up does matter with some meals too...I've seen them drop a rung when not hot, and go back up when reheated.

As a side note, I also recently was crushing and eating my source crystals from years ago, and when crushed they get 99 QL, but eating one bit 10 nutrition off my nutrition bar at the top, it did about 10 for 3 of them, then after it hit 70, it dropped in smaller increments...I had to refresh myself(Path of Love) to recover the nutrition...as eating my 'Extremely nutritional' meal didn't push it back up all the way with just one meal's worth when it had dropped to 62ish nutrition...so even top end nutrition unless maintained with good meals will drop and need a few eating sessions to recover. (Or saccing a rare or getting a refresh)