Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Deedplanner IMPORT?!? :O

Deedplanner Import  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the devs add a functionality for GMs on Wurm Online/Wurm Unlimited to import deedplans INTO the game?

• Yes
    • No

So I was thinking about how on Wurm Online you can export your deed to a deedplanner map file, but what about adding the reverse functionality for GMs on Wurm Online/Wurm Unlimited.

As an example, for things like start deeds and GM terraforming, it's currently done manually ingame.  The current gm terraforming tools seem to be mainly for leveling areas, but dont give much control beyond that (as was well observed with the attempted flattening of old elevation's hota craters).  But what if you could do the terraforming/building planning in deedplanner and simply import the deedplan into a location ingame?  For things like starter deed redesigns, this would greatly simplify the process, as instead of actually having to build it, you could instantly import it into the game.  When there's a redesign contest, instead of having to manually replicate the winning player's deedplan ingame, you could just import the deedplanner map file itself.  This would save a great amount of time whenever GMs have to do any sort of construction, and WU players would love it as they could have their same Wurm Online deeds easily imported into their Wurm Unlimited servers.  Old and long lost deeds from Wurm Online where the deedplanner maps still exist could also be resurrected in Wurm Unlimited for their owners to once again enjoy. 

Just an idea that seems like it might be useful, and also really well received by the players.

What do you think @Warlander@Budda@Keenan?

Edited by Alexgopen

Would make making starter town alot of more doable

Do you have a bug in my office or something? I was just talking about this sort of idea to Retro yesterday as we were building a spawn town on WU.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Budda said:

Do you have a bug in my office or something? I was just talking about this sort of idea to Retro yesterday as we were building a spawn town on WU.

I cannot confirm nor deny these allegations.

3 hours ago, Budda said:

Almost two years back a suggestion was made in the suggestions thread to use this sort of thing to allow people to move deeds from one server to another which in turn could be used as a way to consolidate players on a server or two and eventually reduce the number of servers out there.

• Like 2

While I do like this idea... and would love using it...

I would not want to write it. At least not in a way that plays nice with the server.

I'll be over in the corner with a fresh bottle of rum now. Thanks. :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

I'll be over in the corner with a fresh bottle of rum now. Thanks. :P

A PERFECT way to get in the mood for working on those upcoming WU preset maps (as well as the random map generator to automatically create new proc-gen maps in the WU launcher itself...)

*sends a second bottle of rum over to help the process... as well as a few limes to get that festive mood flowing*

PS: tell whoever worked on the clothing/armor dying, that i said 'THANKS!' -- Wurm Spring Fashion Week has finally happened!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

1 minute ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

A PERFECT way to get in the mood for working on those upcoming WU preset maps (as well as the random map generator to automatically create new proc-gen maps in the WU launcher itself...)

*sends a second bottle of rum over to help the process... as well as a few limes to get that festive mood flowing*

SO MUCH TO DO. *dies*

is this possible in wurm unlimited?
can the toolkit that's available, do it?

On 4/23/2018 at 3:40 AM, Keenan said:

SO MUCH TO DO. *dies*

*gives Nutella"

• Like 1