Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

[EPIC] Remove x people missions

On paper it looks good. A community effort to do a mission. Combined work of x (or xx) individual characters.

Problem is, when mission requires more players then are active on a server.

I guess it checks for loggin in players and sets a number somehow, but problem is that part of those players just log in to maintain deed etc and does not really playing active.

It pauses a scenario progress but it gets really annoing when mission expires in 5 days for example. On medium and short scenarios it's almost automatically fail.

All the missions should be doable by small group of players. Effort can be huge, but should be doable, Not asking for making anything easier.

• Like 2

Over the past few days we did all of the x player missions that lib gave us.  10 players use a brown forester hat on some shrine.  7 players use platelegs on an obelisk.  4 players use a green forester cap on a shrine. 12 players use a floarboard on some other epic structure.  7 players give small pottery amphoras to a lib avatar.  a bunch more that i'd have to check ingame to get the specifics on

and guess what, we won the scenario.

also roccandil, the reason you couldnt find the fo avatar at watzilian outlaws was because we lured it to a mine and doored it in.  so sorry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexgopen said:

Over the past few days we did all of the x player missions that lib gave us.  10 players use a brown forester hat on some shrine.  7 players use platelegs on an obelisk.  4 players use a green forester cap on a shrine. 12 players use a floarboard on some other epic structure.  7 players give small pottery amphoras to a lib avatar.  a bunch more that i'd have to check ingame to get the specifics on

and guess what, we won the scenario.

Aaaaaand?

You got more people, Desertion has almost none, Refering to Desertion situation.

If we had more people, guess what? We would do those missions. Isn't that brilliant?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Aaaaaand?

You got more people, Desertion has almost none, Refering to Desertion situation.

If we had more people, guess what? We would do those missions. Isn't that brilliant?

or make alts.  we made 5 new alts and used many others. we literally had sailboats full of alts on standby for when these missions came up

Edited by Alexgopen

9 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

also roccandil, the reason you couldnt find the fo avatar at watzilian outlaws was because we lured it to a mine and doored it in.  so sorry

Nice. :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

or make alts.  we made 5 new alts and used many others. we literally had sailboats full of alts on standby for when these missions came up

Thought about it, but I don't think it should be that way.

They just could do those missions 1/7 or 2/7, so it would required up to 4-5 players.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, Alexgopen said:

This is poison.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beanbag said:

This is poison.

Yeah, the answer to issues in game should never be to make more characters.

• Like 3

As it is right now, you have to make alts to finish a mission. Thats wrong. Its not wrong people making alts to finish a mission, its wrong that the game makes you go that route.

It should change. Its not working, devs.

• Like 1

Bump for missions based on player actions not alt numbers.

but the freedomers dont want to miss out on sleep bonus and karma, so they need the ritual missions to require lots of people so they all get a fair chance for it. dont you know that freedom comes first and pays for our cluster? this means epic missions should be based on what freedom wants, not what epic wants.

3 hours ago, Wilczan said:

RNG UBER GENERATOR

best part is you cant even get grape seedlings anymore. only grape sprouts now

Done with shitload of alts. What's your point? Couse I already stated, and few others, that it shouldn't be done that way.