Sign in to follow this  
puncher

Store and Licensing

Ok Devs and Mods time to scratch your head with the following questions.

(1) Are we allowed to take images from wurm and 3d print them?

(2) If we wanted to do that and Sell them with a licensing contract via a WURM privided store front how would that look.

(3) Same for shirts  steins and all other kinds of paraphernalia?

Since the store front would be controlled by wurm  who would set prices and how would it be maintained.

Could we designate that any sales made by the store front be used for advertising of wurm.

I think we had a store and it died long ago.  I know we have limited manpower at Wurm so how big an issue would this be.

How would we go about starting this and who to talk to.

Also I know international law about licensing and such can get bonkers so we will assume Home field advantage.

Any feedback would be nice thank you.

A Wurm merch shop is not a bad idea. There are many print shop services and ecommerce platforms like Vistaprint and Cafepress that make setting up a swag shop a surprisingly simple. Not sure if your point #2 is feasible, but selling things like branded T-shirts and mugs via online print shops is very easy.

Edited by LaRue

I have not emailed wurm because I am wanting to get a feel for how the community reacts to it first tbh

Depending on your country you can get in trouble for selling copyright and intellectual property without permission.  I know it's illegal in the United States.

Best example is if you print a shirt or hat with an official sports team (football, baseball, basketball, etc.) and start selling the shirts without a written agreement for licensing you can be fined or jailed.

So asking the community doesn't help you.  This has also been brought up before a few times and I think WO staff was talking about something too with selling stuff.  I don't feel like searching the forums, but was couple years ago.

https://www.michaelessek.com/copyright-t-shirts-introduction-trademark-intellectual-property-t-shirt-designers/

Send a PM to Enki is where I'd start.

Edited by nicedreams

Way back in the days there used to be mugs, coasters and t-shirts for sale on the website.. Can others confirm what was for sale? That was before Notch left I believe.

You can probably make your own stuff, but can't do anything to make money from it.

Would love to see a return in the merch store. ID kill for a old wurm mug

Ok ill fire off an email  see what they say. And ill will report it here.

Sent it off 7 days Ago still nothing back wondering if I sent it to the right email addy

Ok folks were getting on a month now.. This a scary email i sent.. Didnt get it.. got deleted..inquiring minds would like to know please