Sign in to follow this  
Gawain

Memories of Deliverance

I know that I myself have had a large love for deli! 

Probably the most outstanding thing in my eyes is the community that is involved. I remember when I started playing back in 2013 and everyone was so helpful and to this day Deli is in my eyes, a beautiful server.

What stories do you guys have?

• Like 5

I went sailin' down to Deli on opening day in my corbita. 

A shark knocked me overboard and ate me.

(Back then, sharks could actually do this,  even on larger boats)

I had to send an alt down in a rowboat from Indy to fish her corpse out of the water and retrieve the corbita. 

I miss Lizabeth, a lot. She was my neighbor on Deli (kinda) and one of my favorite people of all time in Wurm.  

I used to raise Champion Deer, till updates kept glitching fences and they all ran out to the steppes and someone killed every one of them. 

Now, there are no more Champion Deer, and no longer do sharks knock people out of large boats.

Those are my Deli memories.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

Here is my story about some guy called Yaga who came to Deli on its second day of existence ;):

Yaga entered the world of Wurm in week 1 of the Bear's starfall in the year of 1017 (13. September 2011). Together with his son, Hakim, he was one of the bold explorers who first set foot on the newly discovered island of "Deliverance". Shortly after their arrival they began to explore this pristine island full of new wonders and exciting adventures. As fate would have it, Yaga and Hakim first reached the north coast, but then turned east and wandered along the shores for a long time, always alert to the dangers that emerged around them. In their efforts to escape a terrible death by one of the fierce creatures that were abundant in that wild and undeveloped country they did not realize that the coastline had impalpably made a southward turn, so that they walked on and on towards the southeast corner of the island. Unaware of their real location, they finally decided to settle in a place we now call "Serendipity Bay", one of the most remote spots in all of Deliverance.

No maps existed at that time to guide the explorers, nor were there any human settlements in the area, which later turned out to be a long narrow peninsula roughly shaped like a dog's leg. It was a harsh and hostile area of land, with rocky cliffs and steep slopes that made it particularly hard to find suitable spots for villages and farms. A high mountain range extended along the peninsula from north to south, and in the outermost corner, almost inaccessible by humans, a very tall pointed mountain peak arose. Unable to climb this prominent landmark for a long time, the first explorers adequately called it "Dragontooth Peak".

Only a handful of human settlers seemed to be attracted by that lonely barren area high up in the mountains, where the winds were strong and only the eagles kept them company. Among those few were Yaga and Hakim, who, after leaving the thriving village of Serendipity Bay, chose the area at the foot of Dragontooth Peak as their new home to live in solitude. They called it "Eyrie".

Eyrie is still there, after all those years! :)

• Like 4

I went to Deli to deliver some sleep powders and ended up staying for almost a year. 

I was on TheUnknown's deed, and had an awesome time helping him build his castle and joking around with alliance.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, Brash_Endeavors said:

I went sailin' down to Deli on opening day in my corbita. 

A shark knocked me overboard and ate me.

As the day arrived for the opening of the Deliverance server it was an exciting time, since it was the first new server added since Freedom (Independence). Although there were many there on Freedom who had loaded up their boats and sat waiting in the far off waters of this new server, I decided it best to just create a new character and wait at the server portal in Golden Valley with a good number of other "newbies" wandering around impatiently. Suddenly the portal opened and everyone rushed through to arrive at Green Dog for their first glimpse of these new unexplored lands.

For some reason most all ran off to the north. So deciding that this direction would be too crowded for my guy (Zen) to place his land claim deed, he headed off to the south west edge of the mountainside, wading along the waders edge to finally make it to the south shore of the lake. There he only found a grassy mounded area not so very high above the shores water. Still, this looked to be an excellent spot for future development of the deed. With no players around in sight and only a few wolves to lure off out of deed placement range, he created one of the first deeds on the server, The Sanctuary.

A few months later Ayes sailed over to build the main part of the deed and then sailed off back to Independence and eventually to Xanadu for some time. I always kept Zen as the mayor of this deed throughout the years, building his skills so that he could care for and develop the Village as desired. Over the years much enjoyment has been experienced from these small changes that time seems to inspire while contemplating these surroundings quietly. There The Sanctuary still stands to this day, where finally some time ago Ayes has returned as mayor to enjoy his remaining years of retirement from further travel beyond the shores of the lovely lake of Green Dog.

May your own journeys here be just as rewarding.

Happy Trails.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

I had built a rowboat from scratch on the southern shore of Indy.

I remember watching some japanese players sailing off south while building my boat.

When the border to Deli finally opened there was a lot of chaos in the water, a mess of boats, darkness, fog and people falling into the sea.

Once I got there, I didnt settle immediately but roamed around the countryside riding a tamed brown bear.

On 4/22/2018 at 1:24 AM, Noizhead said:

Where was this? :O

On 4/7/2018 at 10:41 AM, Yaga said:

Here is my story about some guy called Yaga who came to Deli on its second day of existence ;):

Yaga entered the world of Wurm in week 1 of the Bear's starfall in the year of 1017 (13. September 2011). Together with his son, Hakim, he was one of the bold explorers who first set foot on the newly discovered island of "Deliverance". Shortly after their arrival they began to explore this pristine island full of new wonders and exciting adventures. As fate would have it, Yaga and Hakim first reached the north coast, but then turned east and wandered along the shores for a long time, always alert to the dangers that emerged around them. In their efforts to escape a terrible death by one of the fierce creatures that were abundant in that wild and undeveloped country they did not realize that the coastline had impalpably made a southward turn, so that they walked on and on towards the southeast corner of the island. Unaware of their real location, they finally decided to settle in a place we now call "Serendipity Bay", one of the most remote spots in all of Deliverance.

No maps existed at that time to guide the explorers, nor were there any human settlements in the area, which later turned out to be a long narrow peninsula roughly shaped like a dog's leg. It was a harsh and hostile area of land, with rocky cliffs and steep slopes that made it particularly hard to find suitable spots for villages and farms. A high mountain range extended along the peninsula from north to south, and in the outermost corner, almost inaccessible by humans, a very tall pointed mountain peak arose. Unable to climb this prominent landmark for a long time, the first explorers adequately called it "Dragontooth Peak".

Only a handful of human settlers seemed to be attracted by that lonely barren area high up in the mountains, where the winds were strong and only the eagles kept them company. Among those few were Yaga and Hakim, who, after leaving the thriving village of Serendipity Bay, chose the area at the foot of Dragontooth Peak as their new home to live in solitude. They called it "Eyrie".

Eyrie is still there, after all those years! :)

Just visited it and your other deeds on that peninsula - so lovely!!! really covet Eyrie's views ❤️ thanks for loving the land and not terraforming the crap out of its natural beauty :)

Goldfinch - Loch Lomond, Pristine

• Like 1