Sign in to follow this  
Gladiator

Chaos armors poll

Chaos chain, leather, and studded leather?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the armors from Epic to come over to Chaos? Do you not want to wear 90s worth of drakeset every time you go out?

• Yes. Update the armors as they are on epic
    • Yes but make a few adjustments so that they are not OP
    • No. I don't want that over on Chaos ( Say why in description please )

As you all know, in order to be competitive in PVP over on chaos you have to wear at the very least a steel plateset. Now, should that be a necessity or should it be a choice?  Why not update Chaos like Epic , make Studded leather, leather, chain more effective, therefor viable in competitive play?

Edited by Gladiator

Definetely needs some updating so that chain doesnt become the new plate, but yes there has to be more variety.

• Like 1

Well excuse me for being noob who does not understand how epic works as i have never been interested playing there, so what would be the "change armors as they are on epic" ?? Thanks, not all of us like that playmode, so would be good to explain it a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Themystrix said:

Well excuse me for being noob who does not understand how epic works as i have never been interested playing there, so what would be the "change armors as they are on epic" ?? Thanks, not all of us like that playmode, so would be good to explain it a bit.

They basically buffed the studded leather, leather and chain armours on epic so that they are a viable option in comparison to platesets. But only on epic... They are 100% useless on chaos

• Like 2

Aye, i am up for more variety when added to the game right. More armor types would be cool, if not, then adjust the others so you could pvp with them decently.

I'd be up for some change.   Even if it was for increasing dmg to plate armour itself during use, similar to shields, and reduce dmg lost during repair.   This way, at least, steel plate has a heavy penalty to dmg received on each piece, so in combat you lose effective dmg mitigation at a faster pace then other armours.  Face it, lose a couple links in chain or tear a small hole in leather, it's still pretty usable... but dent a piece of plate and it's damn near ruined in practice.

Edited by Nomadikhan

12 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

I'd be up for some change.   Even if it was for increasing dmg to plate armour itself during use, similar to shields, and reduce dmg lost during repair.   This way, at least, steel plate has a heavy penalty to dmg received on each piece, so in combat you lose effective dmg mitigation at a faster pace then other armours.  Face it, lose a couple links in chain or tear a small hole in leather, it's still pretty usable... but dent a piece of plate and it's damn near ruined in practice.

Pretty dumb suggestion, considering the penalty for being hit is not being able to move at all.

27 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

What?

28 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

I dont want plate nerfed, and nor does any sane person in this game. I want chain , leather and studded to be at the very least USABLE, i dont want them to be OP, i dont want them to be as good as plate, i want to be able to use them and not get oneshot

This is what he means about epic armor changes. It was released last year with the Epic revamp. He's not asking for some crazy new idea or system to be made up and implemented. He means these changes. Personally I like them, but they need to be revamped to make them useable. Else we will just be replacing plate for chain.

• Changes to base damage reduction rates for armours:
    • Leather from 45% to 60%
    • Studded from 50% to 62.5%
    • Chain from 55% to 62.5%
    • Cloth from 35% to 40%
    • Drake, Scale and Plate no changes (65%, 70%, 65% respectively)
  • Changes to metal type damage reduction bonuses for armours:
    • Glimmersteel and Seryll from 10% to 5%
    • Steel from 2% to 2.5%
  • Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:
    • Plate armour should be slightly faster when worn now.
    • Lowered the movement speed reduction from all helms.
    • Glimmersteel and Seryll armours now have a 10% movement speed bonus.
    • Adamantine armours now have a 5% movement speed bonus.
  • Changes to damage type damage reduction modifiers on armours (lower % means less effective against that damage type, 100% = no modifier):
    • Leather: 90% vs bite, pierce and acid; 110% vs slash and burn damage; 100% vs others.
    • Studded: 90% vs slash and acid; 105% vs bite; 110% vs pierce and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Chain: 92.5% vs pierce and cold; 107.5% vs bite, crush and burn; 100% vs others
    • Plate: 95% vs crush and burn; 105% vs bite, slash and acid; 100% vs others.
    • Cloth: 80% vs bite, slash and burn; 120% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Drake: 95% vs slash and acid; 105% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Scale: 95% vs crush and cold; 105% vs pierce and burn; 100% vs others

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

This is what he means about epic armor changes. It was released last year with the Epic revamp. He's not asking for some crazy new idea or system to be made up and implemented. He means these changes. Personally I like them, but they need to be revamped to make them useable. Else we will just be replacing plate for chain.

Hide contents
  • Changes to base damage reduction rates for armours:
    • Leather from 45% to 60%
    • Studded from 50% to 62.5%
    • Chain from 55% to 62.5%
    • Cloth from 35% to 40%
    • Drake, Scale and Plate no changes (65%, 70%, 65% respectively)
  • Changes to metal type damage reduction bonuses for armours:
    • Glimmersteel and Seryll from 10% to 5%
    • Steel from 2% to 2.5%
  • Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:
    • Plate armour should be slightly faster when worn now.
    • Lowered the movement speed reduction from all helms.
    • Glimmersteel and Seryll armours now have a 10% movement speed bonus.
    • Adamantine armours now have a 5% movement speed bonus.
  • Changes to damage type damage reduction modifiers on armours (lower % means less effective against that damage type, 100% = no modifier):
    • Leather: 90% vs bite, pierce and acid; 110% vs slash and burn damage; 100% vs others.
    • Studded: 90% vs slash and acid; 105% vs bite; 110% vs pierce and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Chain: 92.5% vs pierce and cold; 107.5% vs bite, crush and burn; 100% vs others
    • Plate: 95% vs crush and burn; 105% vs bite, slash and acid; 100% vs others.
    • Cloth: 80% vs bite, slash and burn; 120% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Drake: 95% vs slash and acid; 105% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Scale: 95% vs crush and cold; 105% vs pierce and burn; 100% vs others

Now I see, why didn't yall start with that?  Would grab a wider audience if those who don't play on epic better knew what you were talking about.

Not a bad idea here.

6 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Now I see, why didn't yall start with that?  Would grab a wider audience if those who don't play on epic better knew what you were talking about.

Not a bad idea here.

Because Gladiator is lazy and didnt want to go search for threads lol.

• Like 1

hi i just made the thread to see how fast it gets taken down cause they dont like us talking about PVP updates hehe ... PS shutdown epic pls

• Like 1

Don't destroy the tc market value at 24 drake sets and 12 scale

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

Don't destroy the tc market value at 24 drake sets and 12 scale

!!! Where is my scale set!

+1 to #1 again, again, and again!

+1 plate is boring

Edited by Niki

Slower you move more DR you get.... prob fixed

• Like 1

+1, really love the epic armour changes! Played with it and it seems it would be good for not top dog kingdoms as easily replaceble chain and even studded vs mauls. Really changed the metas alot fast. And scale/drake is still good. Would make for interesting ways and make hota mm more valuable so more contesting for it.

+1 the armor changes on epic are amazing and add a lot of variety to the battlefield,as well as adding economical value to certain items that had very little to none for pvp (leather sets, studded leather sets, chain sets, add values to having glimer/addy chain etc) the list goes on.

• Like 1

Drake needs to be stronger tho, useless in epic, don't ruin freedoms market then +1

idc either way personally

its toxic that people who are less than smart purchase something and then dont pvp because they purchased it instead of gaining it how it was intended though.

*devs fix armors and people still get wrecked* 

you cant fix bad players, they’ve changed armor values a handful of times and the dominant people still roll and the scrubs still get scrubbed. At this point armor values won’t bring anyone over to PvP servers, it’s too late. 

Beep beep boop 

1 hour ago, Holar said:

*devs fix armors and people still get wrecked* 

you cant fix bad players, they’ve changed armor values a handful of times and the dominant people still roll and the scrubs still get scrubbed. At this point armor values won’t bring anyone over to PvP servers, it’s too late. 

Beep beep boop 

No change in the entire world can make bad players win against good ones. But this change is something we not only already have over on the useless cluster Epic, but people want it here for the most part, look at the poll, see for yourself.