Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

[Fixed] Cant access boat inventory from certain seats

From certain passenger seats in sailboats and knarrs you cant access the inventory 

• Like 1

Indeed, at least the first passenger on knarr can't access inventory, it's "too far away".

I wish they would fix this, but don't hold your breath.  Worst part is being on a sailboat during PvP, but can't access the boat to grab more arrows or food while chasing someone.

"Grab the bow out the sailboat and start taking them out."

"I can't open the boat, do I have permission?"

"Of course you have permission, hurry up they getting away."

"I can now see the bow, but won't let me drag it out the boat."

OR

"Oh snap you about to die....drop all your stuff in the boat dude..."

"I can't open the boat man...wtf is going on..."

Dead.........body gone....  Stupid ass boat....

• Like 1

Is the issue that you can't access general inventory or can't access items inside containers in the boat inventory.

With the knarr as first passenger, I can put things in and take things out of general inventory.  If I load  a crate, I cannot take things out of the crate.

Please let me know specifics so that I can add them to the report.

Kind of both.  Can be replicated if you have a full boat.  It seems mainly if you are at the front of the boat, like that puts you 3 tiles ahead and the boat is technically 1 tile long so if you are sailing or close to the captain you can access the boat inventory no problem.  If you are at the front of the boat then you cannot.  Some times you can open boat inventory, but too far away to be able to do anything in that inventory.  Most of the time you can't open the inventory though if near front of boat.  It's worse on a knarr since it's longer, but happens on sailboat too.

The only fix is for that captain or someone next to captain take from boat inventory and trade with the people near the front or you have to get out of the boat and swim near the captain to be able to use boat inventory.

13 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Kind of both.  Can be replicated if you have a full boat.  It seems mainly if you are at the front of the boat, like that puts you 3 tiles ahead and the boat is technically 1 tile long so if you are sailing or close to the captain you can access the boat inventory no problem.  If you are at the front of the boat then you cannot.  Some times you can open boat inventory, but too far away to be able to do anything in that inventory.  Most of the time you can't open the inventory though if near front of boat.  It's worse on a knarr since it's longer, but happens on sailboat too.

The only fix is for that captain or someone next to captain take from boat inventory and trade with the people near the front or you have to get out of the boat and swim near the captain to be able to use boat inventory.

Does this only happen when the boat is moving or does it also happen when the boat is moored?

It all depends on which passenger seat you are sitting in, it is a small area to access the boat, I imagine its no different than the simply boarding a boat, as you have to be at the stern end of it. You should be able to drop things in a boat now easy enough as you don't need to open it to drop items in, not tested though, but try sharing a meal by dropping it into the boat or trading with people sitting too far away on the boat and its a no go.

The first 2 or 3 seats from the captain are fine, its when the passengers are closer to the bow end of the boat these problems show up.

Both moored and moving.

Mainly seems like an out of range issue since being at front of boat is about 2 tiles away from captain sitting distance visually.

Edited by nicedreams

Thanks for the information.  This was all fixed back in May 2017  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/154181-patch-notes-18may17/

Something changed between then and now.  I've opened a new bug for troubleshooting.  As you play, if you get a certain seat that cannot access either main boat inventory or containered boat inventory, please list it here to help me test fixes.

Already have:

Knarr - passenger 1  (can access inventory, cannot access container inventory)

Character used: Evening

Trying to put something from player's inventory in a container in the knarr, as passenger:

[20:14:47] You're too far away from the "Cassandra".

Trying to put something from player's inventory directly into the knarr (not in a container), as passenger:

[20:19:11] You're too far away from the "Cassandra".

Knarr examine: [20:16:40] Passengers: Gram, Methos, Herix, Kassandra, Ballad, Evening.

This was definately not fixed last may. To access some vehicles you have to be litterally standing in the dead center of it.

Wagon can not be accessed from passenger seat, Knarr from front seats. Large ships from inside them, rather then the dock along side them.