Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Is an* Archaeology/Restoration update needed?

I feel like this skill when it was came out was extremely well received by the community and the mystery of it was enjoyable for the most part. However, a few weeks and months past, it just became another RNG skill like foraging and botanizing. I don't necessarily have an issue with that though; but it's basic at the moment.

Right now the only reason to do the skill is to get masks and statues. The rest of the stuff like combo rune items is to RNG to be worthwhile. I think the skill needs more content truth be told.

Why not add new weapons like a whip, dagger, and cosmetic appearance version of artifacts but let you use warhammer skill for example, new Splint, Chitin, and Combined armour. A chance at rare/supreme/fantastic bones, new shoulder pads, some more challenge items like the helmets, and the missing masks. And lastly, capes. Technical limitations aside on capes, don't forget that tabards exists, I feel like the movement of those would work fine for capes imho.

Just a few ideas, what do you think about the skills? Do you think it's fine, would you rather see more development in them? Thanks.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 7

Yes, it could use an update. Atm the skill is quite useless.

• Like 1

Yup some freshness might come usefull when it comes to tool department expetialy... All the tools i found are made out of iron and have wierd in most cases useless rune combo and very weak enchants(i have 91 resto and around 84 arch not sure if anything changes later realy need to grind up my archeology). If we could at least slavage those runes or have chance to salvage them that will make things better :) Also i would like to have chance(small one ofcourse) to find some moonmetal gear, fragments of forgoten pmk wagon or banners(for the love of vynora not birch but cedar) as wood fragments are the most boring ones, and maybe small fragments of one charge tomes(200 or 500 needed for completitio maybe). Plus all the things you mentioned :)

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 4

So we should focus on updating the newest skill to the game? How about updating other skills like... Oh I dont know... Meditation, or Warhammers, or hell... Disarming and Tracking?

You say Archeology is useless? Try leveling Warhammers and then talk to me about how great it is.

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

An*

The most important comment in this thread. Props to you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

An*

>.>

You better not slip on those Valrei International releases. The grammar nazis are watching.

• Like 2

It might be nice if we get some new items, like more statues, unique weapons, unique armors and so on. Might be. But by saying new i mean none of previous reward items. I'm all against putting even more masks or other challenge rewards into it. These were unique rewards for doing all the tasks, and taking a part in all events. And should stay that way. Many players played and gave their best only to try for them. And once again we wanna make straight way to get everything for free, for those who woke up too late or didn't do anything. Not mentioning that many winners put prizes into the market, so it's still obtainable for interested people.

But for totally new, fresh items, I'm in. I'd love to see more ancient artifacts, powerful lore items, weapons. Bones are fine as well, makes a lot of sense. As well as skulls! Unique set of armors, with unique enchants, preferably with new models or at least textures. Maybe even some kind of old vehicles? Wands, staves. That's an ocean of possibilities.

42 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

>.>

You better not slip on those Valrei International releases. The grammar nazis are watching.

I've been tempted to have a fortnightly prize of "spot the typo!"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I've been tempted to have a fortnightly prize of "spot the typo!"

I've heard that in the epic section there are plenty of badly written topics with many typos.

Could You please read those topics carefully?

• Like 2

In its current state there is no point to do it, it had so much potential then died at the gate.

• Like 1

In fact i still like and enjoy archeology. It's not always about rewards. I like to use imagination, and attach some lore to it. Especially if I used to know most of fallen deeds and long time gone people there, where I'm doing my arch.

3 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

Especially if I used to know most of fallen deeds and long time gone people there, where I'm doing my arch

Only interesting part of it, but even that was poorly implemented.

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

In its current state there is no point to do it, it had so much potential then died at the gate.

Yeah lets forget Archeology and skill up Toymaking instead! It has much more use.

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

An*

fixed :ph34r:

• Like 2

Well, it can be made more compelling without even adding more content:

• Allow chance for rarity transfer when attaching 2-piece items (e.g. sword blade and handle, this should be fixed anyways)
  • Allow runes and enchants to persist through assembly of parts
  • Reduce the number of fragments needed to complete basic things like ores (26 fragments for a rock shards, really?)
  • Allow basic materials such as ores and shafts to come out at high QL, even with low restoration skill. That way, at least they are useful.

• Like 4