Sign in to follow this  
Threap

Chaos loot mechanics

Remove Restones on PVP  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Restones on PVP

• Yes
    • No

if you pvp and rely on a rez stone don't pvp. 

33 minutes ago, solmark said:

The fear of losing expensive armour holds people back from risking pvp, full loot isn’t going to help that.

If armour was all nodrop, and everything else dropped on death, and res stones removed, I think PVP would grow.

Just thinking outside of the box !

I dunno about that but if other armor like chain/studded was a viable option it would for sure help with not as much worries of death.... I really don't know how you could increase pvp now, there is so many new "features" and meta and I can't even keep up with it.

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

if you pvp and rely on a rez stone don't pvp. 

Not everyone and dump endless money and time into wurm lol. I need to not die or I end up in plate and plate is useless for pvp against scale/drake.

2 minutes ago, Prophetears said:

res stone + smeagain/mag res doesn't stack, sorry

The OP's problem is when you can kill someone, get their stuff, die, and keep your stuff + theirs.

I don't think you're right. I believe they do stack.

2 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

I dunno about that but if other armor like chain/studded was a viable option it would for sure help with not as much worries of death.... I really don't know how you could increase pvp now, there is so many new "features" and meta and I can't even keep up with it.

not really, theres almost nothing changed since you last played. the meta hasn't changed at all, ebo just never used it.

Just now, Maximillian said:

until you can provide proof, i'll take buddas word over yours.

Edited by Prophetears
  • Like 1

Where did Budda mention this?

The meta is constantly changing with every update. Consider every item you use in pvp that has a huge impact on your success and it's a huge list to collect...

Edited by Maximillian

2 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

Where did Budda mention this?

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wurm_Server_Release_Notes_2014#140911_Priest_updates_and_Decorative_items.21

140911, all res stone bonuses are based on the same thing, tested personally.

can search here on the forums with those notes to figure out the day, then find Buddas post, just please stop posting false information please. You guys had a habit of doing it for years.

Edited by Prophetears

I see nothing saying they don't stack... Not to say you have 100% but instead you'd have 50% twice.

Lol at your edit... I wonder who you guys is referring to?

Edited by Maximillian

12 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

Not everyone and dump endless money and time into wurm lol. I need to not die or I end up in plate and plate is useless for pvp against scale/drake.

It wasn't a dig, it was just factual. If you're taking a 100 euro set and pinning hopes on a 5s rez stone to save it then you're gonna end up bummed. 
Take what you're prepared to lose so when you lose you didn't just "dump" money onto the floor. 

Again, don't pvp if you're pinning hopes that a rez stone works. You have so many factors before you reach that stage and if it's literally you being dumped out of pocket then just avoid it all together lol. Makes more sense.

I don't have that attitude with my scale set, my attitude is if i die im losing a scale set. lol. I'm aware of the risks.

Edited by Mclavin

34 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

It used to stack a long time ago, it doesn't stack any longer

I dont get the feeling where people want to be casual about a game and still have the same benefits of hard core players. If you dont have the time to play, or the money to buy in, then you should be content being lower tier. People who invest large amounts of time grinding or bettering their accounts should have an advantage over those who dont.

But getting back on topic, I dont agree with removing res stones alone as the solution to the problem. If you remove Res Stones, then you need to prevent people from looting until the battle is won. This prevents the "I kill you, loot your corpse, I die, I keep both" mechanic so prevalent. Win the battle or count your loses and go home. Loosing the battle and keeping the spoils is just ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

If you remove Res Stones, then you need to prevent people from looting until the battle is won. This prevents the "I kill you, loot your corpse, I die, I keep both" mechanic so prevalent.

I'm not following how removing Res Stones allows "I kill you, loot your corpse, I die, I keep both". Doesn't removing Res Stones remove that, too?

+1, though, for winning the field being required to loot (seems realistic, historical, immersive, and all that! :P ).

• Like 1

[18:01:29] Magranon can't keep your items safe this time.
[18:01:29] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[18:01:29] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
[18:01:29] Magranon is with you and keeps you safe from the spirit's touch.
[18:01:29] The ancient symbol of the stone preserves your sanity and knowledge in the nether world.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with the res stone as it is, it may actually make some more bolder to pvp knowing there is a 50/50 chance you don't loose your gear, and the only reason you want to get rid of this is greed, plain and simple.

This feature can be abused though when a group of people get trapped in a mine with no way out, seen it done where they just handed off the gear to one person who does the /suicide, and then on to the next. Perhaps to negate this abuse the stone could be made where if one did /suicide you burn the stone and gear stays with corpse, if you get an ally to kill you same results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

I'm not following how removing Res Stones allows "I kill you, loot your corpse, I die, I keep both". Doesn't removing Res Stones remove that, too?

+1, though, for winning the field being required to loot (seems realistic, historical, immersive, and all that! :P ).

If a player dies and drops and you loot their corpse, then his team kills you and your res stone works, you keep his loot and yours. Not only that but you safely take his loot with you back to deed, thus making his i.e. scale set safe. His team then proceeds to wipe the floor with yours, and get to keep maybe some plate as a consolation prize. Your team wipes, loose the battle, and yet they win. Thats bull####.

This practice is so wide spread that every pmk I have been in tells their plate wearers to use res stones for this specific reason. People use them then wear plate in the hopes that they get lucky.

By removing res stones and requiring the whole field to be won before looting you kill this mechanic dead in its tracks. Not only that, but you prevent people from snatching corpses and running so they can safeguard the loot. It forces people to commit or leave empty handed. If you want loot, you should be forced to stick around and win the field. You shouldnt be rewarded for loosing.

Edited by Angelklaine

42 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

If a player dies and drops and you loot their corpse, then his team kills you and your res stone works, you keep his loot and yours. Not only that but you safely take his loot with you back to deed, thus making his i.e. scale set safe. His team then proceeds to wipe the floor with yours, and get to keep maybe some plate as a consolation prize. Your team wipes, loose the battle, and yet they win. Thats bull####.

This practice is so wide spread that every pmk I have been in tells their plate wearers to use res stones for this specific reason. People use them then wear plate in the hopes that they get lucky.

By removing res stones and requiring the whole field to be won before looting you kill this mechanic dead in its tracks. Not only that, but you prevent people from snatching corpses and running so they can safeguard the loot. It forces people to commit or leave empty handed. If you want loot, you should be forced to stick around and win the field. You shouldnt be rewarded for loosing.

I agree, but it sounded like you were saying that removing res stones by itself wasn't enough to stop the practice. -Without- res stones, what else would need to be done?

2 hours ago, Lisabet said:

[18:01:29] Magranon can't keep your items safe this time.
[18:01:29] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[18:01:29] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
[18:01:29] Magranon is with you and keeps you safe from the spirit's touch.
[18:01:29] The ancient symbol of the stone preserves your sanity and knowledge in the nether world.

The second message there is the skill prevention loss not item loss. This is from the wiki, I also checked WU source code.

Priests of Magranon with 60 faith 30 favor have a 75% chance to keep skills at death. Excludes fighting skill.

• [14:23:28] Magranon is with you and keeps you safe from the spirit's touch.

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

I agree, but it sounded like you were saying that removing res stones by itself wasn't enough to stop the practice. -Without- res stones, what else would need to be done?

Its all about fairness. When I was in Panda back then, I had commented in a post I believed the Epic system to handle loot was the way it should be everywhere. People there jumped me and said that if they changed Chaos to be like that, then smaller kingdoms would have very little chance to get loot. In my opinion, if the only way you have to get loot is by running away from a battle to safeguard whatever you could snatch off the battlefield, then perhaps you should disband and merge with another pmk to have a better chance of suceeding. You should not be rewarded for loosing.

The current Chaos loot system promotes for fights to be shorter. It promotes a snatch and run mentality. If you kill someone, looting and running is a valid strategy because you can sell the loot and gear up your pmk. If the loot mechanic required you to win the field, then people would not be so concerned about loot since they cannot do anything about it until the field is won, and thus would commit more.

By removing the res stones and adding this loot mechanic, you are making people think more about what they use, and how much they are willing to risk. In a way it makes it so a group of plate wearers have to work harder together to push back a scale wearer team, but it will also mean that if you push a smaller group of scale/mm wearers, you can keep your momentum until they retreat or commit, and gives them a chance of obtaining more than just one set.

And for those of you who are thinking you cant kill a group of scale/drake/mm wearers with a bunch of plate guys, ask the WU guys and see how they managed to get all the nifty loot they are sporting.

Edited by Angelklaine

aye but you're missing this line [18:01:29] Magranon can't keep your items safe this time.

this time

WU is not an exact copy of WO code, they made that clear in the beginning.

Edited by Lisabet

I haven’t had a red stone work since 2010 so it’s like they don’t work already.

+1 remove them please I need more scale/drake sets

Remove priest res's aswell. If I kill someone I want their loot.  Period.

This is a step the game needs to become both more competetive and serious.

Edited by TradingAlt

7 hours ago, Lisabet said:

aye but you're missing this line [18:01:29] Magranon can't keep your items safe this time.

this time

WU is not an exact copy of WO code, they made that clear in the beginning.

Yes so your MAG res stone didnt work, and there is no message about regular res stone so they dont stack like I said.

Edited by Threap

Both magranon and my res stone were mentioned in that death; whether the items were mentioned twice or not.  They may or may not stack for items but they do seem to work together regardless.

my suggestion:

-priest should have their 50% res with items thingy removed.

-res stones should be craftable, maybe with a spell component.

- res stones should work different, if you have a res stone, after you die, you get 2 minutes to use karma to summon corpse. during these 2 minutes the corpse cannot be looted. this makes karma and not silver the requirement

-summon corpse karma cost should be 1000 not 3000

On 4/7/2018 at 1:04 PM, elroth said:

my suggestion:

-priest should have their 50% res with items thingy removed.

-res stones should be craftable, maybe with a spell component.

- res stones should work different, if you have a res stone, after you die, you get 2 minutes to use karma to summon corpse. during these 2 minutes the corpse cannot be looted. this makes karma and not silver the requirement

-summon corpse karma cost should be 1000 not 3000

Worst idea i have ever heard in my entire miserable life. 1000 karma for basicly keeping your items every time you die... Dude, i got 10k karma. I ###### karma out of my buttocks every time i mine 1h. I got so much karma it's becoming a nuissance. you can buy karma cheaply from others on freedom. NOBODY would ever drop items if we were to follow your clueless opinion