Sign in to follow this  
Threap

Chaos loot mechanics

Remove Restones on PVP  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Restones on PVP

• Yes
    • No

The loot mechanics on chaos coupled with res stones are very annoying and rewards RNG over skill.

Remove restones completely. Nothing more annoying then one of your team dying and the enemy grabbing his corpes because his res didnt work, only to kill the the guy that grabbed it and have his res stone work and he keeps both sets of gear. Restones are a good idea but the side effects are a bunch of RNG crap mechanics.

• Like 5

+1 to removing all-or-nothing gambling mechanics. Either it's full-loot drop, or it's not.

• Like 2

idk what problem you're talking about here...... xDDD Ok you're right, i don't like RNG in my games either, but is there any workaround to simply removing the things?

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

idk what problem you're talking about here...... xDDD Ok you're right, i don't like RNG in my games either, but is there any workaround to simply removing the things?

the loot mechanics on epic are a little better, but still suffer from the same RNG nonsense because of res stones.

-1 means strongest kingdom with more players will allways get full loot, there must be rewards or atleast chance,  for smaller groups aswell! if you remove them you will never see small groups going out at all 

• Like 3

Take to long to build up a set of gear to have 100% lose chances. I think making it harder to take a big gamble will only reduce the amount of pvp we see. If you want to know the real issue though it's Smeagain the Mag/Fo pvp god and it's insanely op skill set that is doubling nearly every pvpers chance to res stone.

5 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

Take to long to build up a set of gear to have 100% lose chances. I think making it harder to take a big gamble will only reduce the amount of pvp we see. If you want to know the real issue though it's Smeagain the Mag/Fo pvp god and it's insanely op skill set that is doubling nearly every pvpers chance to res stone.

What I'm hearing is that full loot drop is bad for PvP...

Is it?

oooo I want more lootzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

make chaos more like epicsssssssssssssss

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Is it?

What I gather from the OP's post is that it's not so much the full loot, but the sense of having no control over the outcome.

imo, rng is fine in partial-loot games where the rng determines which items the victor can choose from. 

In full loot, there's just too much at stake.  It's like going to Vegas and being told you need to bet the mortgage on every single hand... knowing full well the deck is likely stacked against you.

Too frustrating a risk with too little chance at reward, when chance shouldn't even really be involved.

Remove chance and base it on controllable factors, the OP probably doesn't mind losing everything.

Remove? This happend to tc, so then remove it. 

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

Is it?

I'm not really saying full loot is a total bad thing but with a 100% loss rate and full loot it is discouraging at the least.

2 hours ago, Malev said:

-1 means strongest kingdom with more players will allways get full loot, there must be rewards or atleast chance,  for smaller groups aswell! if you remove them you will never see small groups going out at all 

What about when you are on the bad side of the RNG, you could kill two enemy, and have one death on your side and get no loot.

To the winner goes the spoils is what I am suggesting, rather than RNG dictating who gets loot.

Edited by Threap

Why not just put a cooldown on activation after transfer?

So if you pick it up, it won't work for at least 30 mins.

how about instead of a res stone, you have a res rune, which you attach to any item you want a 50% chance to keep, that way if a person dies and drops he\she will have about half their gear to replace. And if an enemy picks up dropped items they will no longer have the rune so will always drop on a counter kill.

if you have better ideas please post, I am dubious anyone actually likes the RNG of res stones unless they have somehow never been on the receiving end of some bad RNG in a group fight.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

oooo I want more lootzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

make chaos more like epicsssssssssssssss

Epics rez stones work the same way, not sure why you get such a hard on for it tbh.

Edited by Mclavin

12 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

I'm not really saying full loot is a total bad thing but with a 100% loss rate and full loot it is discouraging at the least.

so it isn't full loot is it. lol.

How bout when you killed bloodmaster and full scale set got wished away back to my inventory ;) 

The fear of losing expensive armour holds people back from risking pvp, full loot isn’t going to help that.

If armour was all nodrop, and everything else dropped on death, and res stones removed, I think PVP would grow.

Just thinking outside of the box !

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

so it isn't full loot is it. lol.

How bout when you killed bloodmaster and full scale set got wished away back to my inventory ;) 

I guess it's full loot when your protection fails so yes I think it's correct. Wurm is a slow grindy game and losing everything cause one random DC or one mistake is silly when it takes so much time to collect many of the items that are required to compete. At least when there is a decent chance you won't lose your gear it makes more sense to take the risks. Although I still say res stones aren't the issue the issue is everyone has res stone + smeagain bonus, smeagain is a stupid strong pvp priest and it should be obvious by how many there is.

1 minute ago, Maximillian said:

I guess it's full loot when your protection fails so yes I think it's correct. Wurm is a slow grindy game and losing everything cause one random DC or one mistake is silly when it takes so much time to collect many of the items that are required to compete. At least when there is a decent chance you won't lose your gear it makes more sense to take the risks. Although I still say res stones aren't the issue the issue is everyone has res stone + smeagain bonus, smeagain is a stupid strong pvp priest and it should be obvious by how many there is.

res stone + smeagain/mag res doesn't stack, sorry

The OP's problem is when you can kill someone, get their stuff, die, and keep your stuff + theirs.

Edited by Prophetears