Sign in to follow this  
Prophetears

remove sotg and hate damage

remove sotg/hate dmg  

49 members have voted

1. 1. remove it

still the worst mechanic ever added to the game and frankly changing stuff like heal won't ever really matter as long as this exists.

Edited by Prophetears

you cannot simply remove Sotg , people would oneshot you. Like everyone getting piled by 3 guys with hugeaxes would instantly die. I would like for them to balance meditation paths so that more are viable for pvp but just removing sotg is not something i would vote for

3 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

you cannot simply remove Sotg , people would oneshot you. Like everyone getting piled by 3 guys with hugeaxes would instantly die. I would like for them to balance meditation paths so that more are viable for pvp but just removing sotg is not something i would vote for

removing SOTG could also consist of applying it to everyone as a baseline, instead of forcing a meditation path and mandatory waiting time on people, either way, until you can get 11, you're dead instantly anyway. (you could also find other ways to increase the base HP of everyone instead of taking the lazy way out and going "heres some DR, go stack it, lul" as the dev team has done in the past.)

Power creep in this game is insane, and the biggest part of it is SOTG.

Edited by Prophetears
  • Like 3

But if that were the case, you would only have the choice of path of power for stamina or path of love for heals, which are not bad choices but i still hold to my thinking that the whole meditation system needs a revamp, not just one or two paths

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

But if that were the case, you would only have the choice of path of power for stamina or path of love for heals, which are not bad choices but i still hold to my thinking that the whole meditation system needs a revamp, not just one or two paths

Neither of which are also anywhere near as broken as straight up damage reduction.

The game functioned a lot better before meditation and a lot of the last minute fighting changes. The fights lasted longer too, now its true strike spam and dice-rolling for big hits after you get done with your mandatory waiting period. Strategy has miniscule involvement.

Power and Love both would have big playstyle differences, and would change the game for the better. Not to mention, they are actually nice to have in PvE too and seem way more thought out.

The stacking DR meta (minding again, that SOTG is the majority of the DR available) results in a soft-requirement to have beastly accounts, and by beastly, i mean SOTG + tomes on tomes.

Edited by Prophetears

Sotg sucks since it's a must when doing PvP and really can't get around not having it.  It makes meditation too valuable also since takes forever to raise it.

If they want to help out the noobs then Sotg is terrible way to get them into action.  Get owned no matter what until after few months of meditation.

• Like 2

mediation rework should actually be good, but yeah remove it, because it's broken

27 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

they could actually balance things better to make that a non issue, i hear what you're saying though

SOTG needs to be baseline if its going to get removed from insanity, maybe some % per 10 level s of meditation after 20. or similar.

• Like 1

Making SotG baseline may make other med paths viable, but does nothing to help newbies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Making SotG baseline may make other med paths viable, but does nothing to help newbies.

so shaving off a multiple month requirement minimum to pvp doesn't help newbies?

you trolling, or something?

5 minutes ago, Prophetears said:

so shaving off a multiple month requirement minimum to pvp doesn't help newbies?

you trolling, or something?

Perhaps I misunderstood; I thought baseline for all med paths was meant, so one would get SotG for level 11 in any med path.

Otherwise, why give everyone SotG just for playing? That seems odd; would be better to balance DR/damage so it wouldn't be needed.

I cant see what would be wrong to make the gap bigger between champs and none priest at all for pvp.

SOTG was already nerfed, so its fine how it is now.

24 minutes ago, Rakki said:

I cant see what would be wrong to make the gap bigger between champs and none priest at all for pvp.

Honestly, champs seem the most imbalanced mechanic right now. I can do damage to non-champ SotG players, but champs? Yikes! :P

I voted no but if damage was fixed sotg could be toned down more, right now with damage output being so high it'd be just plain stupid and quite a few people would be 2 shot by true strike huge axe hits if not some newer people getting 1 shot.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

more nerfssssssssssssss

anyone can go hate or insanity, its a choice you have to make

From Discord

i think sotg should be a base skill given to all
i'd go power if that was the case
im sure some would go hate
but that can be dispelled once figured out
so not OP
if love worked properly with LT, it be a good option too
love should = better healing casts
LOF buff, heal buff, better resistance against resistances.
power should be better spell damage
stronger pillars, single targeted spells for example.
hate should be just that, you hate people, extra damage towards them, dispellable
Insanity - given to everybody
knowledge can be used at the start
for better skill gain
then switched off after
but knowlege should be a path we should go for first
and make the timer once off it 3x faster, so if it takes 6 months to switch it should really only be 2 months if coming from knowledge.
so you can branch into hate/love/power once grinded and new players aren't stuck with a 6 month switch over.

Knowledge should be a default path pushed towards new players via the learning book
Edited by Mclavin

I voted yes to removing SoTG, but  if it is removed weapon damage needs to be scaled down substantially. No one should be able to be 2-3 hit by weapons; its a bit ridiculous.

Honestly, though, I think the meditation system needs to be removed and reworked completely so its benefits don't affect PvP. At this point, there are too many possibilities to buff yourself for PvP and that needs to be reduced so there aren't as many necessities to jump into PvP on a new account. 

Edited by CIRAY
  • Like 2

If anything happens, it's not ideal to reduce weapon damage.  Hunting/pve in general would become much more boring, fs grinding will become more of a chore, dragons will become more impossible with smaller groups that pvp has to offer.

If base dr/health is increased, then its a boost to grief/troll alts, and further gives no risk to noobs.   Is it good or bad that a noob could then take on a bear ezpz straight from the tutorial and has no challenge or reason to skill? dunno

I don't think theres a reasonable and proper balance at this stage of the game.  The best option is to give the dr to all paths and give insanity something new but more ideal for the meditation overhaul some day.  Hate damage could be removed or tweaked, priest damage could be removed or tweaked, addy damage could be tweaked with an additional bonus to something else to not make it any more worthless than it is.  Or take dr away from meditating and slap it onto fs.  fs/3=dr% starting at >20fs and capping at 90, literally the same exact scale that insanity offers atm and it's available to everyone, and every basic average fighter will off the bat have 23% dr. 

Things are just different these days because on wild everyone was stuck in the player mentality that large metal shield and longsword is the only meta and if you use a 2h weapon or anything else you're dumb, but then it just turned out that longsword is weak as hell and people branched out to other weapons

• Like 4

22 hours ago, MrGARY said:

If anything happens, it's not ideal to reduce weapon damage.  Hunting/pve in general would become much more boring, fs grinding will become more of a chore, dragons will become more impossible with smaller groups that pvp has to offer.

If base dr/health is increased, then its a boost to grief/troll alts, and further gives no risk to noobs.   Is it good or bad that a noob could then take on a bear ezpz straight from the tutorial and has no challenge or reason to skill? dunno

I don't think theres a reasonable and proper balance at this stage of the game.  The best option is to give the dr to all paths and give insanity something new but more ideal for the meditation overhaul some day.  Hate damage could be removed or tweaked, priest damage could be removed or tweaked, addy damage could be tweaked with an additional bonus to something else to not make it any more worthless than it is.  Or take dr away from meditating and slap it onto fs.  fs/3=dr% starting at >20fs and capping at 90, literally the same exact scale that insanity offers atm and it's available to everyone, and every basic average fighter will off the bat have 23% dr. 

Things are just different these days because on wild everyone was stuck in the player mentality that large metal shield and longsword is the only meta and if you use a 2h weapon or anything else you're dumb, but then it just turned out that longsword is weak as hell and people branched out to other weapons

According to the wiki, the DR provided by body strength scales differently for PvP and PvE. If so, adjusting PvP DR to render SotG unnecessary could be accomplished without touching PvE balance at all.

On 4/5/2018 at 3:36 PM, JakeRivers said:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

more nerfssssssssssssss

anyone can go hate or insanity, its a choice you have to make

Yes, anyone can, and its totally cool that you can, but theres a hard cooldown on leveling and thats whats problematic. No matter how much you play and grind your skills, you can simply not get sotg and be on par with accounts that have it until months have passed. Unless we bring back the step ladder of enlightenment accounts that existed before with no cooldowns, the game shouldnt force a double cooldown (limited skillticks AND cooldown to leveling) as extreme as in meditating. You cannot be on par with existing accounts unless you wait months or buy an account, and thats stupid.

• Like 2

Whilst I voted yes, part of me would also vote no. Sotg is a big hindrance for people wanting casual pvp, like myself, but for the hard-core pvpers it's essential for not getting 3 hitted, as people have mentioned. 

A compromise could be for meditation to be merged to one path and each perk a choice as you progress, so someone could have some % protection at low levels and still have a higher tier perk such as 25% skill gain for example, or vice versa.

12 hours ago, Alyeska said:

Yes, anyone can, and its totally cool that you can, but theres a hard cooldown on leveling and thats whats problematic. No matter how much you play and grind your skills, you can simply not get sotg and be on par with accounts that have it until months have passed. Unless we bring back the step ladder of enlightenment accounts that existed before with no cooldowns, the game shouldnt force a double cooldown (limited skillticks AND cooldown to leveling) as extreme as in meditating. You cannot be on par with existing accounts unless you wait months or buy an account, and thats stupid.

It scales now, so you get benefits sooner than later.

How much of the problem of pvp is the wrong weapon types being matched to the wrong armor types?

Poor skills

Poor pvp skills

Bad RNG, this one is always a biggee

How much is the problem simply because people doing pvp prefer to stick to a different meditation path, pok/pop?

How much is just simple greed, people not going down fast enough, no loots, people die then ###### about res stones.

Nerf this stuff more then they will go back to complaining about people just wearing plate.