Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Shout out to Fineal - Thank you!

I would like to give credit where credit's due to Fineal for going above and beyond what would be expected from a fellow Wurmian.

Not too long ago, I sold an account to @Finealhere in the forums. As usual, I cleaned everything from the account as expected, and transfered the account. It was a very cordial and smooth transaction. However, not long after, I noticed that I had not transfered my large magical chest. Normally this wouldn't be an issue. Most Wurmians would be more than happy to just sail over and swap ownership, helping you out with a common mistake.

In this case, however, the character is a member of an enemy PMK, and my chest was on Chaos, inside a Crusader deed at the capital deed area. Now by this time, I can't think of a Wurmian who would be willing to help. Most if not all people would tell you there is nothing they can do, and that'd be the end of it. Its understandable that no one would like to put their well beign at risk just for the benefit of an enemy player.

Not Fineal, however. Not only did Fineal accept to help me, but he waited for 2 days near The Shroud, waiting for me to log in (we had opposing schedules) and then climbed over a cliff to get to my deed. He patiently waited and showed understanding, simply to help someone whom he owed nothing to. He made the trip, overcame every obstacle and got me my chest back. In the end, he refused compensation for his troubles, and even thanked me for allowing him to give me a hand.

Once again Wurm University members have shown exemplary behavior, strong character and amazing consideration for other players of Chaos. Fineal easily stepped forward to assist someone else at his own peril. This is a commendable act and an example of what members of our rich community would do for each other. We might kill each other in the battlefield, catapult our deeds and steal our loot, but at the end of the day, we can safely say that we can hang our hats and have a beer together.

Thank you Fineal, for your time and dedication, and thank you Wurm University for having some of the finest members Chaos has to offer. 

Stay classy.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 30

Yeah, Fineal is awesome, have had quite a bit of transactions and talks with him. Its always a pleasure (i think he is WU?)

He is, which is why I posted my praise to their members. First they backed away from one of our guys who disconnected, and now this. They got good people in there.

• Like 1

great to see people treat each other as adversaries rather than enemies.  Enemies are for real life.

Thanks for posting this Angel.  We need more positive examples of pro-social behavior from pvp realms.  I think it's the best kind of advertising for anyone who may be thinking of trying it out.

I was more than happy to be of service. It was quite the adventure. Adversaries we may be, but even in war, there is respect for ones enemy.

• Like 7

Its how I see Chaos. People who know me (and those who have seen me in the forums) know that I am a big troll. I am argumentative and enjoy big debates. I have indeed ruffled a lot of feathers. I can be quite polarizing at times. But those who know me also know that I like to help. 

To me this is just a game. A means for me to release stress and have a good time. I don't expect people to think like me, but I am thrilled when I meet someone who thinks the way I do, and realizes that friendships matter more than pixels. Of all the groups on Chaos, WU has proven to me more than once that they can be cordial and friendly, despite rivalries. I am amazed at the acomplishments of this group and their people. 

@Spy and crew, you should all be proud.

• Like 4