Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Was Full Heal Nerfed?

So, I decided to test Heal because I felt like it's actually been nerfed, or perhaps bugged, to almost obsolete levels, especially in comparison to other spells. Can we get some clarification?

33% health - [20:03:36] You start to cast 'Heal' on yourself.

unknown.png

40% - [20:04:05] Xallo heals some of your wounds.

unknown.png

No resistance, btw.

Just a bit of criticism..... I think Heal itself is basically useless now.

For the 30 seconds it takes me to cast Heal (a 40 favour cast), to only heal 7 damage, I can cast nearly 3 Cure Mediums and heal more wounds, and be less likely interrupted due to the quicker cast timer. 

Alternatively, I can cast a LoF (a 60 favour cast) in 10 seconds and heal myself, and 10 of my other buddies, all MORE than I could heal myself for, for 20 extra favour than Heal. 10 seconds also means less likely to interrupt.

Is it bugged and incorrectly taking armour casting nerf into the equation? Or was it nerfed? It used to FULL heal you, not PARTIAL heal (as the name would indicate)Does it actually calculate damage based upon skill now (50 skill w/ the below cast)? Someone, please?

(Don't take this as a LoF nerf, becasue LoF isn't really overpowered anymore with resistances, but take it more as a please un-nerf/fix Heal to be usable again).

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 3

First cast should have higher chances - you'd be hoping for anything above 70% but 70% minimum - I know resistance then comes into play but first casts often strike out at 30-40% which in that case why don't you just go ahead and rename full heal to partial heal

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

why don't you just go ahead and rename full heal to partial heal

Or perhaps Cure Maybe

• Like 3

it fully heals 5 wounds...that's it; yes it was nerfed into the ground

The heal is cast power dependant - though it may be a bit low for the super low end powers. Based on your heal amount here it looks like your cast was a power of 7.

Will add in a min heal to bring it more in line with LoF for low power casts.

• Like 7

I hope we're looking at a minimum of 60% on the first cast for low casts because resistance kicks in after that anyway and brings it down. I think the original issue was spamming non stop, resistance fights that now so first case should be like mercy dropping a revive lol.

Edited by Mclavin

3 hours ago, Xallo said:

No resistance, btw.

12 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

I hope we're looking at a minimum of 60% on the first cast for low casts because resistance kicks in after that anyway and brings it down.

maybe if it really does give a resistance

Now I'm not a fighter so I must ask what is the resistance?

The nerfs to Fo 1,5 years ago totally put my priest in oblivion, she is useless to me as it is atm.

Instead I heal several times with my Nahjo.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

When you cast a heal on someone else, they develop a resistance to it (I think 50%) for a period of time, before they can recieve another cast.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mclavin said:

I hope we're looking at a minimum of 60% on the first cast for low casts because resistance kicks in after that anyway and brings it down. I think the original issue was spamming non stop, resistance fights that now so first case should be like mercy dropping a revive lol.

This sounds fair TBH.

Thanks Budda!

Edited by Xallo

quick PSA to all those who forgot.

spell spam was countered only by full heal as it was, its broken again.

thank me and actually use it before we start using it and get it nerfed.

Edited by Prophetears

11 hours ago, MrGARY said:

maybe if it really does give a resistance

Resistance defiantly work now, they where bugged after launch but they been long fixed and working.

I did not see Heal that much OP - a long cast timer, easy to interrupt even against real high defensive capabilities. I have only had very occassional success to cast it in fights, now it is off the board to even try it.

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

I did not see Heal that much OP - a long cast timer, easy to interrupt even against real high defensive capabilities. I have only had very occassional success to cast it in fights, now it is off the board to even try it.

Maybe I read the notes wrong, but I thought it was a buff, not a nerf? Looks like the minimum heal value was increased. Did I miss something?

Heal was a full heal. Healed you to full health on a single cast, all the time.

The patch today looks like it made it better than it was post-nerf, at least.

That was Light of Fo, not Heal...

From today's patch notes:

Heal spell will now heal a minimum of 30% and scale up to 100% depending on cast power.

Yes, that is I call a nerf of Heal (not Light of Fo) healing your target to 100% each and every time. Now it went down to 30-100%.

Heal was ridiculously overpowered in boat fights, all you had to do was sail same speed or faster as another boat and as long as you had gems it was infinite health, thats why it was nerfed

41 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Yes, that is I call a nerf of Heal (not Light of Fo) healing your target to 100% each and every time. Now it went down to 30-100%.

I thought it was already nerfed (hence this thread). Today's patch simply raised the minimum heal from the nerf.

• Like 1

?Jaz...It wasn't a full heal you'd heal 30-40% more than half the time. It's easier now to get a better % off and the time when we full healed for 5% are gone as the new minimum is higher. It's a buff, not a nerf.

• Like 2

If im not mistaken, Fo healing was nerfed as a result of being overpowered in pvp. FO battle priests wrecked house thus getting the nerf. It was about the same time sickle was nerfed, which was the weapon of choice for parry heaven. The combination was to good so like anything that works too well it gets nerfed. My only complaint has to be that its a pvp issue not pve.