Sign in to follow this  
Nirav

[Resolved] Changing Password has left me unable to play

I changed the password for my alt, which is a premium character, and now cannot access the game at all.  I get the message that I have the wrong password or should make a character with a different name. 

This is actually getting worse.  I clicked the forgot the password button in the area where you pay for your premium, and it reset the password on a completely different character than the one I had typed there in the box.  The one they sent the new password for is a non-premium alt.  

21 minutes ago, Nirav said:

I changed the password for my alt, which is a premium character, and now cannot access the game at all.  I get the message that I have the wrong password or should make a character with a different name. 

Go here and reset your password. Keep in mind this will change all the passwords for the accounts associated with this email address.

https://shop.wurmonline.com/WurmWeb/index.jsp?c=resetpassword

So, all my characters have the same password now?

1 minute ago, Nirav said:

So, all my characters have the same password now?

Yes, as long as you used the same email for all of them.

That is only changing the password for my non-premium alt.  

I cannot use that new password for either of my main premium characters.

Just now, Nirav said:

I cannot use that new password for either of my main premium characters.

Then they must be on a different email account. Are you sure they are all on the same email? Did you purchase them and perhaps forgot to change their email address?

Something is very wrong.  Is there a way to access one's account?  To see what emails are associated with which characters?  

Send an email to gamemods@wurmonline.com with as much detail as you can.

• Like 1

Changing email/password in this game is a chore. If you change email to an already used email, it'll change your password to the one used on the first account on that email. If you change password in the site it'll change password for every account on that email, even if they had different passwords before. 

5 minutes ago, Nirav said:

Something is very wrong.  Is there a way to access one's account?  To see what emails are associated with which characters?  

Search emails for "Wurm online" you'll msot likely have prem time warnings and character creation emails if you didn't delete them. Could try resetting the password for every single email you have and it'll say the names effected in the email if it changed them. Otherwise, make a support ticket via email.

I sent the email.  I am very worried that my attempt to improve security has made me lose my character.

You can also submit a ticket in game with any of your characters, and a GM will help with the password, there is no "loss of character trying to improve security".

No one has responded to the email I sent 9 hours ago, which concerns me.  I will try submitting a ticket with another character.

Seems I can log in this morning with the old password to play the game.  I can also use it to access paying for premium.  But there has been no reply regarding whether or not these things were done intentionally to help me, or if the password change just didn't take.  This is really surreal. 

I did a support ticket ingame and this is resolved.  Thank you all.