Sign in to follow this  
Lisabet

Remove Horse gear from Bury All

I understand why Bury All was added to the game, for getting rid of butchered parts like meat, hides, glands, etc; but please remove the ability to bury horse gear with the corpse.  It's unlikely that anyone would intentionally bury their good gear and it's irretrievable when they do so accidentally.

• Like 15

i understand the frustration some may have but bury all buries all i don't see a need to add more things that protect people from themselves

• Like 5

+1

This would prevent enemy kingdoms from destroying your horse gear while in combat out of spite, among other issue.

Plus it would be nice.

• Like 2

you can't bury a player corpse and bury the stuff in their inventory in the process with bury all (I've tried in chaos) so that it can't be abused that way to keep the enemy from getting it; can easily be abused with horses as Maxthx mentioned above though

Edited by Lisabet

+1 shouldn't destroy items the creature doesn't spawn with naturally.

• Like 4

+1 or better yet get rid of bury all, who cares about litter

don't want to loose any more coal by clicking the wrong line, grrr

I was using keybinds for bury but don't want to get into alt keybinds

Edited by JakeRivers

+1 would be nice if non-butchered items just ended up in a pile on the ground

• Like 1

don't forget there's no deed permission or setting to stop any player from burying animals on a deed; anyone can walk by and bury your horse that might have been fully geared...they could lose everything including the saddle sacks on the horse with whatever was inside

Edited by Lisabet
pc edit

6 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

don't forget there's no deed permission or setting to stop any player from burying animals on a deed; anyone can walk by and bury your horse that might have been fully geared...they could lose everything including the saddle sacks on the horse with whatever was inside

im pretty sure its tied to digging which everyone has disabled because noone wants a stranger on your deed digging down your dirt.

14 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

if no permission blocks the bury action, that sounds like a bug that should be reported?

• Like 1

Standing on a deed where I do not have permissions. Testing used with a venerable sheep corpse.

[19:08:00] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server. attempt to pick up
[19:08:10] This action is not allowed here, because the tile is on a player owned deed that has disallowed it. attempt to dig on a normal tile
[19:08:18] You start to bury the corpse of venerable sheep.attempt to bury all on corpse
[19:08:25] You bury the corpse of venerable sheep. successfully burying sheep corpse with rare 100ql silver barding on it

The barding part is hypothetical. Everything else is accurate to testing.

• Like 5

I've been able to bury corpses on or off deed since 2014 with impunity; have mentioned it before with concern and it was never looked at, thus it became a feature like many other such features.

4 hours ago, Nadroj said:

6 hours ago, Maxthx said:

Standing on a deed where I do not have permissions. Testing used with a venerable sheep corpse.

[19:08:00] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server. attempt to pick up
[19:08:10] This action is not allowed here, because the tile is on a player owned deed that has disallowed it. attempt to dig on a normal tile
[19:08:18] You start to bury the corpse of venerable sheep.attempt to bury all on corpse
[19:08:25] You bury the corpse of venerable sheep. successfully burying sheep corpse with rare 100ql silver barding on it

The barding part is hypothetical. Everything else is accurate to testing.

What about burying a horse corpse that does not belong to you? I know recently their code was manipulated to have permissions persist through death. Maybe that's why you were able to bury it?

9 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Far as I can tell, original suggestion for burying more than the corpse came from @Wurmhole

though I think he meant bury things individually.

Then, initially, the core bury action was changed to include everything left in the beast after butchering, but no "bury all" option:

This affected some functionality people had grown accustomed to for the sake of convenience so, a few days later, "bury all" was added:

as a separate option with its own key-bind, as suggested at the time by @MrGARY.

In a sense, @Lisabet's suggestion is a continuation of the above, simply further refining the burying action to better suit (some) player needs.

In light of that,

+1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

What about burying a horse corpse that does not belong to you? I know recently their code was manipulated to have permissions persist through death. Maybe that's why you were able to bury it?

Tested and I think I confirmed (it got buggy) that you cannot bury a branded animal; but since the team doesn't seem to think the pvp community deserves the animal management ability, that would not include all players. And not everyone brands their animals. Or has a deed so that they can do so. 

+1

Misclicks happen for a variety of reasons, and hardly any of them through player stupidity.

Add in people being able to bury your gear through spite, and I can see no argument against implementing something to save expensive gear

• Like 2

back to the first page; this is not just to protect from misclicks but to also protect players from griefing

-1, completely prevented if you have an IQ of about 1.

Edited by Mclavin

i'll +1 this, if it prevents more people from quiting the game over silly mistakes, sounds good

Edited by platinumteef

Amazed to find today that this is still actually in the game. Horse died, repaired the gear, picked up the gear, buried horse. Realised afterwards that one of the repair actions prevented me picking up one of the four shoes and boop. 95woa 90QL rare shoe gone. This is already implemented for player corpses =/

• Like 1