Sign in to follow this  
Xor

Allow dragging of items on deed if you can push / pull

I have a lot of large carts left around on deed. Since the owner no longer exists I couldn’t contact someone to help move them if I wanted to. 

I’m on my deed, and can push them off deed into perimeter or into a lava tile to get rid of them,  if that’s a LOT of tedious l, unnecessary effort. 

If I can push / pull them why can’t I drag them on deed? Just make it in deed only and make me drop it as soon as off deed or something if you’re worried people will grief with it. 

On our own deeds we shouldn’t have to bother with push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push. . Then run back to the next cart aanndddd  push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push.. the. Repeat again! And again! And again! 

Please. 

• Like 2

A GM will teleport carts off your deed if you ask nicely (carts with animals hitched), the speed pushing option is so much better than the old system there is no reason to mess with permissions on vehicles because you don't like the current system of speed pushing.

Involve a GM?  We changed the highway system considerably under the guise of no longer needing to involve GM's.  We changed claiming boats to lighten the load on GM's.  This suggestion is a QoL change for both GMs and players.  GMs.... come on man, use yer noodle.

+1 to OP.  Might maybe say make it available on the second month of the deed's existence.  Just a concession/compromise to give people a chance to log in and see a deed is there.  If need be.

1 hour ago, Reylaark said:

use yer noodle

Use your noodle, that is part of the GM's job, to move stuff you can't, speed pushing works quite well to move items you can push around on deed, no need to change it cause you are that utterly lazy to move a few carts around.

Oh and if its a locked cart with 3 crates of rockshards in it, you not dragging it around regardless.

Edited by JakeRivers

Entered the thread thinking this was a thread for suggesting that we be able to drag things like colossi and obelisks. Left disappointed.

I agree it's tedious, but it's a one time thing, basically? I'm all for eliminating unneccessary steps in daily workflows, but in this niche case I'd say you might aswell bite that sour apple and push it off. I can't imagine you'd have that many abandoned carts that by the time you made this post, you haven't already pushed the delinquents off deed. (Unless your deed is really, really large and possibly on a mountain, and it covers said mountaintop.)

Either way, it would generally make more sense to me that abandoned items on deed can be claimed by the mayor if the original owner has been inactive for some substantial time (Which would also help your case). That would make dealing with other locked entities like chests and even houses less of a pest and even enables you to recycle them. I, for instance, have a whole house abandoned by the original player. (Their cart and wagon are already pushed away.) Now that's something that'd be a shame if I had to bash that and push all the contents off deed, which I will eventually have to.

I think I have around 10 to go still, but easily as many as 20. 

They had a cart for everything lol. . 

i didn’t  make the suggestion for me. . I know even if they do change it because if this suggestion it won’t be in time to make a difference for me. . . But for the next player to deal with this. 

And just because they made pushing faster, or because you can’t imagine how many carts I’ve akready pushed, and still have to push . . Doesn’t mean this is a bad idea lol

PS, it isn’t like having a ton of abandon carts littering the outer rim of my deed is desirable anyway.

Lava tile FTW! . . But since that is allowed... you might as well just let me drag the Fing thing the hell outta sight

I also made a suggestion about making destroying houses on deed easier if you have manage options or mayor. . I had several pretty large stone buildings I spent weeks bashing but by bit. 

I also made a suggestion about making market stalls easier to destroy for mayor . . Because I have a TON of those and was doing minuscule amounts of damage to them with large mail, huge axe, carver, etc. .  Way less than the colossus and guard towers I took down. Most don’t have very many of those laying around either.. but I do and it’s really stupid I’m gonna have to spend so much time just to remove them from the land I’m paying for. 

40 minutes ago, Xor said:

PS, it isn’t like having a ton of abandon carts littering the outer rim of my deed is desirable anyway.

Absolutely, that's why I find a general claiming option better. This suggestion is a niche solution for a niche problem, and I believe there are better ways to address this problem with a wider scope in mind, I'm not saying that this is just "your problem" or no problem at all.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Flubb said:

I find a general claiming option better.

I really don't think there should ever be a way for people to 'claim' vehicles simply by deeding over them.

Let them decay, push them onto lava, but until they go they are there for the possible return of the legit owner.

13 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I really don't think there should ever be a way for people to 'claim' vehicles simply by deeding over them.

Let them decay, push them onto lava, but until they go they are there for the possible return of the legit owner.

I think you're missing the part here where the owner was actually inactive for a long time, so some vehicle a logged out traveller has put on standby for the night wouldn't be affected. If you really want to drop a deed for a lonely, abandoned vehicle in the wild, be my guest.

But there's a salient point here that I concede to; since we're talking about deed management, it would make sense that the owner of the entity is (or was?) a citizen of that deed for claiming to be available.

cart/wagon/boat whatever is not part of a deed and has zero to do with deed management

don't want the stuff on your deed get a gm to move it or shove it onto lava

6 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

cart/wagon/boat whatever is not part of a deed and has zero to do with deed management

don't want the stuff on your deed get a gm to move it or shove it onto lava

GMs don’t move carts without animals on them. 

Only wagons / carts with animals AND a decent amount of damage. If they believe the owner is still active they won’t move them either. 

This isn’t a huge thing.. and it doesn’t need GM intervention lol. Just allow mayors to drag any carts on deed.. not sure why it’s a big deal that you don’t think they should be able to?

So for this one time move of a few carts you don't own on your deed you want the code rewritten to allow you to drag it to the lava pit, instead of spending the 5 minutes or 10 if its a massive deed pushing the thing?

In the time spent posting here you could of shoved a dozen carts off your deed.

18 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

So for this one time move of a few carts you don't own on your deed you want the code rewritten to allow you to drag it to the lava pit, instead of spending the 5 minutes or 10 if its a massive deed pushing the thing?

In the time spent posting here you could of shoved a dozen carts off your deed.

Code adjusted, yes. It doesn’t make sense I’m allowed to waste hours pushing carts to destroy them or move them off deed to rot but I am not allowed to drag them so I don’t have to spam a key bind. 

Just like it it didn’t make sense I had to spend weeks of playtime to remove buildings I had manage rights to as mayor. 

Just like it doesn’t make sense I’ll have hours into removing a ton of market stalls as mayor.

im not demanding they change code so I can move the pile of trash on my deed. I’m asking they do it so in the future people won’t have to waste game time like I have. 

Its little things like this that can have a big impact on keeping a player IMO. Little things add up. 

I mean.. does this have a legitimate negative impact on the game if they changed it? I’m not acting like an entitled prick here I don’t think.. just trying to point out an irrationality I see in the game that I have first hand experience with.. understanding exactly how tedious and pointless it is to make it take me so long to do. . .

Like I said.. I’ll have all this done long before they change it if they made it a priority I’m sure lol. Not suggesting for myself. 

Not to mention that better control over your own deed would certainly be an incentive for taking in more people and granting them more liberties. I'd love to take players in and let them do frick all and build houses, but the general player retention is bad no matter what you do and so far all have just up and gone out of the game or created their own deed(after wich they also disappeared eventually) without saying a single word, and you're left with whatever mess they leave behind to deal with. If it'd be at least not so much of a darn hassle to do so, I wouldn't be reconsidering my stance on recruiting so hard and could be more open with what I (can/am willing to) offer on my deed.

(Although I remain in the position that just dragging instead of pushing doesn't help this problem that much in the greater scheme of things. Though I do very much and obviously at this point sympathise with Xor's plights of having remnants of other players around that you as the mayor cannot deal adaequately with.)

*I might also add that I'm not against making it possible for a mayor to drag an old vehicle per se. My idea is that after reclaiming it, you could drag it normally without surrounding the dragging mechanism with weird conditions. And even hitch horses if the content is too heavy. And can actually repurpose the thing even.

Edited by Flubb

How the hell could it take hours to push carts around a deed? 

You have your stamina drained to zero and climb on?

I have a 50x60 deed. Unfortunately there are carts on all corners of it, inside mines, etc. there are a lot of them as i already said. . . 

is that even relevant? Why are you so butthurt over the idea that someone suggest it be made a little easier to move stuff on their own deed? Lol

• Like 1

-1 because smeagain says it would devalue lockpicking

On 8/2/2016 at 1:41 AM, SmeJack said:

Yes because the lock enforces the new permissions, prior to the update there was no option to prevent that so you could drag it if unmoored. As it is you cant drag an unlocked boat or cart if it is not your kingdom. If it is locked well then you should have to get that off before you can.

(this is sarcasm, +1 actually)

Edited by Alexgopen

2 hours ago, Xor said:

I have a 50x60 deed. Unfortunately there are carts on all corners of it, inside mines, etc. there are a lot of them as i already said. . . 

is that even relevant? Why are you so butthurt over the idea that someone suggest it be made a little easier to move stuff on their own deed? Lol

Because its a silly request.

Are you using keybinds? if the carts are only in the corners, shove off the deed (surprising how fast this type of stuff decays in deed perimeter), if they are in a mine, shove them down an empty shaft, its not rocket science, you have made a push keybind for this right, because its as fast as walking along.

You could of easily been done moving all this now, seems like a lack of effort on your part.

Edited by JakeRivers

Jake is right.  This suggestion is unnecessary and could possibly lead to someone losing their boat/cart.

Your deed, your problem, use a push keybind.

But its little inefficiencies and tedious things that are difficult unnecessarily that drive players away. 

As for lack of effort, I have weeks of my playtime wasted to removing buildings, pushing trash to lava tiles, loading and dumping onto an off deed mine’s back corner to rot, bashing super strength market stalls, etc. 

Oh, and yes I keybound push. . It uses stamina and isn’t instant, if you’re spamming the key it quickly becomes 1, 1.1, 1.2 seconds, etc. so you push a couple, pause and repeat. Nowhere near as fast as walking. . Or even dragging which is the point of this suggestion. 

@Wargasmif pushing is so fast and easy that this suggestion is silly or pointless as you and Jakerivers claim. . Then this would do nothing for the security of boats/carts. (And boats have mooring anchors already) and 

Ah.. I could keep arguing but it isn’t worth it. Like I said I’ll have all this trash removed long before they would ever change this anyway

We can just chalk the two of you up for -1. 

If nobody else +1s it I guess I’ll accept that I’m the only one that is bothered by how much harder I’ve had to work for no reason. Lol

3 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

-1 because smeagain says it would devalue lockpicking

(this is sarcasm, +1 actually)

m8 did you just completely quote out of context for something about pvp in a freedom thread, trying too hard buddy

Just now, SmeJack said:

m8 did you just completely quote out of context for something about pvp in a freedom thread, trying too hard buddy

For the record I thought that was a reasonable point against it actually lol . . But didn’t wanna start the old “do it on chaos but not on muh freedom!” Lol

13 minutes ago, Xor said:

if pushing is so fast and easy that this suggestion is silly or pointless as you and Jakerivers claim. . Then this would do nothing for the security of boats/carts. (And boats have mooring anchors already

Pushing is easy on deed and fast, if you having stamina problems eat some meals and get your vitamins up.

Pushing is slow off deed, so that is not a problem for off deed vehicles, unless someone really is ambitious and want to push something a few miles, but they going to be a while doing it.

Just last week I decided to lava a cart I had shoved into a corner of my mine, 35 tiles out, then another 14 to my lava pit, I am sure it didn't take longer than 2-3 minutes.

Edited by JakeRivers

Use them to practice lock picking.  Once the locks are off you can do with them what you want.

• Like 1