Sign in to follow this  
Idony

Horse Equipment/Inventory - range

Would it be possible to either:

1. slightly increase the range that a horse's inventory will remain open from or

2. slightly decrease the "max" distance a horse will fall behind the player when led

I LOVE the addition of saddle bags.. but often I will be out foraging/botting/picking sprouts (or what have you) with my horse led behind me and as my inventory fills up during my "outing" I transfer the extra small goods to the horse for temporary safe keeping.

The only problem.. is that the horse always manages to fall just a little too far away and therefore the inventory closes out and I have to right-click>look>equipment and re expand everything out..all over again

It is a hassle

Would be very nice QOL improvement !

• Like 5

+1 Similarly, it would be great if 'open' distance on vehicles was identical to 'access' distance - very annoying to successfully open a knarr/wagon inventory window, try to drag+drop something and then get this message: [09:01:43] You're too far away from the knarr.

• Like 1

+1 

Nice feature but due to the horse inventory close as you walk while leading it makes the feature pretty much useless.

14 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

+1 

Nice feature but due to the horse inventory close as you walk while leading it makes the feature pretty much useless.

This feature is being proposed exactly to counteract the equipment closing. It only closes because when leading a horse, you get too far from it.

Also +1

So, this was posted in server bugs, and is also in suggestions section...so which is it? A bug/unintended side-effect? Or just something needing fixed from a suggestion?

I was having this problem also, and would like it if they'd adjust the range so it doesn't break due to range, or, maybe they could just make it easier with this suggestion, and we could just easily re-open the saddle-bags. (Though this becomes a bit of a problem when you're leading more than one horse and they stand practically on top of each-other and you can't target one or the other to re-open the saddles...with select bar, you could at least keep one targeted and have the other as an option...maybe...though select bar is tricky/likes to get reset rather easily...so maybe this other suggestion would come into play...so you could keep them each selected/have it easily opened.)

Lots of suggestions that revolve around the same idea...to make it more convenient for people...