Sign in to follow this  
Yameen

Can't Connect to LAN

I installed Wurm Unlimited on a dedicated local (LAN) server and everything was running fine for over 12 hours of playing.  I shut down and restarted the server many times without a hitch.  I shutdown the server last night, woke up this morning, started the server and the name + all the settings were changed for the local server (IP was same (ok), Game tweaks were reverted to default).  I changed the name, tried to launch the server and it does connect.  It is when i log into the wurm client it shuts down and a box pops saying 

====== CONNECT DENIED ======
The server is currently not available. Please try later.

I have not changed any settings from when I was playing just last night. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you ! 

Edited by Yameen

Could of started up one of the other default servers by mistake?

@BigSteve although that would explain the settings it wouldn't explain the connect denied error - which is likely the resut of connecting to a diifferet server. Make sure you select the server name that you set in the database on the LAN tab - sometimes internet games get mixed in with the LAN results - i don't know why but it's never been an issue beyond confusing.

Although Assuming he is loading the correct server it is because it is flagged for "Maintence Mode" - which prevents all but GM Characters from logging in; even locally.

Edited by MystLeissa
Additional Info