Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Remove "too crowded" catapulting check

This cant be intended. Must be a bug. Should report it there. Stuff inside a building should not prevent you from bashing it from the outside with a battering ram.

• Like 1

I tried to catapults some walls on an abandoned deed the other day. I could not for the life of me figure out why I wasn't able to use my catapult in some areas, but now I know why; there were some old, locked bulkbins (with fantastic locks) in the area where I had placed my catapult. Nothing crazy crowded, just a bin every other tile where a storage house had been. I thought it was the full sized trees that were in my way.. Logic makes no sense. How is a small wooden bin a tile over in my way of winching a catapult.

I guess its time to spam some 90 ql padlocks and just throw random bulkbins with a rockshard in em all around to make catapulting impossible.

• Like 1

Rofl...  i can see whats doing it.... its not a bug ....

I was so excited to try out catapults at a rift and I had 3 setup, but for the first half I got nothing but this message when trying to move up and participate. I assumed this feature meant there were too many players nearby, but I had a clear shot really wish random nearby objects didn't prevent me from shooting. 

WAS developing an idea for a new in game player event/activity, using a catapult.  After a couple of hours setting up and messing with the idea, it led me to catapults. Seems I have run into this 3+ year old problem/bug.  New in-game player created content, put on extended hold due to this.

Pvp related "bugs" seem to take longest to fix.