Sign in to follow this  
validate

Is your steel and flint in… is this an April fools joke?

Recommended Posts

Started reading it and was going for it but then was like, "wait this is the wurm team" then I knew it was a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually got excited of this even tho i live on top of a mountain and would bring madness to my daily basis.... kinda figured it could be a prank since enki posted it and not retro... but still, i hoped this was true!!!!! then i saw this thread and then went back to enkis post to find that hidden message.... i actually thought that yay, game is evolving in better direction that might attract many newcomers... meh, kinda lame prank, but well done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the wall, saw the poster (silent T!) and knew it must be foolery.  I honestly want to read it for the enjoyment, but if I do, my old brain might start confusing it with reality and in a year or two, I'll be getting mad that they still haven't implemented these cool new features yet, lol. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a wurm unlimited server that has weather survival i forget the name, not sure if it's still up,  but it's possible . and if the devs worked on it. i'm sure in a year or two it could be real.  like 2 storey building and bridges, and building in caves.  takes time but could happen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started reading it when my phone alarm went off and in my partial dream state while still waking up I was picturing people dying from heat stroke in scale/plate right before engaging in pvp, then as I started waking up more and noticed how long I was reading for I realised it was one hell of an elaborate April fools.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, validate said:

there is a wurm unlimited server that has weather survival i forget the name, not sure if it's still up,  but it's possible . and if the devs worked on it. i'm sure in a year or two it could be real.  like 2 storey building and bridges, and building in caves.  takes time but could happen. 

 

 

I think you mean Mystic Highlands server, where you can easily freeze to death in the winter if you are not cautious

 

 

I don't think it is a matter of "it's too complicated to code" so much as "too much risk of losing some players

 

Especially the first time they go AFK to answer the phone, get distracted and forget to get back for 20+ minutes, and find their character died of frostbite (even inside a house) while they were away, because their fire went out. 

 

Personally I think it would be great but one of those things it would have been better to have from the very start like Mystic Highlands did, rather than add late in the game.  

 

Be a nice feature however when they decide to launch Wurm 2.0 ^_^  someday ....

 

 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they launched a feature like this, it will get old quickly when you try to hunt during winter and end up having to stop for a campfire every 20 minutes, or having to stop imping during summer so you can cool down while your affinity food keeps running.

 

People would see it more as a restriction to their favorite activities and their extensive grinding, than a perk, especially if there is no bonus or upside to it. Very few players would find an extra imposed restriction interesting, even more so if it can mean your death for you being idle.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Still no answer on the question that was asked from OP lol 

 

Will these things really be implemented?

yes, only in pvp servers, to make sieging more interesting :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

If they launched a feature like this, it will get old quickly when you try to hunt during winter and end up having to stop for a campfire every 20 minutes, or having to stop imping during summer so you can cool down while your affinity food keeps running.

 

People would see it more as a restriction to their favorite activities and their extensive grinding, than a perk, especially if there is no bonus or upside to it. Very few players would find an extra imposed restriction interesting, even more so if it can mean your death for you being idle.

Feature like that, if properly balanced, would bring some new, amazing expieriences for players. Certainly would give some fresh ways of living in this world. But I have to agree. If changes would be unbalanced, like examples above, they would bring only troubles, technical and gameplay issues and certainly that wouldn't be treaten as another immersive condition to live in wurm.

 

EDIT: However, pimping out carts and wagons sounds wonderful. Bring it!

Edited by Alkhadias
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am one for survival options. I played the Skyrim mod where you can freeze to death and what not. Its quite interesting. Not the same here though. For a moment I was thinking about how it would be nice to have cold slow you down instead of killing you. But then given all the things that put penalties to your movement speed (weight, gear, being hurt, thrist) it would mean disaster. Having to stop and warm up for 5 minutes every 20 min when hunting will make anyone quit the game.

 

I think its a feature that works well on WU, but would work poorly on WO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the sound of heat and making yourself warm n stuff, but alas this is probably just an April fools joke, but! One day I would hope to see proper rivers and ponds (and the most of this stuff) implemented!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like ARK survival setup , go try that out and see how it is ....

Would be interesting and yes this is a lame ass April fools joke , expected better from you Enki...tisk tisk!    :rolleyes::P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It spells it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say I am rather... disappointed....

Everything I put in that post is real, but everything you read is just an April Fools joke, especially for all the reasons that Angelklaine quickly picked up on early on.

sigh....  a few years back and I am sure people would have read it for what it really was.

However, please note, that all the ideas in it were just random off the top of my head things that serve a purpose, so who knows,  maybe they will get added one day.  I already got some devs hunting me down with baseball bats and cattle prods because of people wanting those things put in while they are already busy working on more important things in Wurm.

 

Anyway, I would like to just reaffirm that yes, it was a lame April fools joke, not just a typical April fools joke, but a lame one... with a purpose.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Enki said:

I must say I am rather... disappointed....

Everything I put in that post is real, but everything you read is just an April Fools joke, especially for all the reasons that Angelklaine quickly picked up on early on.

sigh....  a few years back and I am sure people would have read it for what it really was.

However, please note, that all the ideas in it were just random off the top of my head things that serve a purpose, so who knows,  maybe they will get added one day.  I already got some devs hunting me down with baseball bats and cattle prods because of people wanting those things put in while they are already busy working on more important things in Wurm.

 

Anyway, I would like to just reaffirm that yes, it was a lame April fools joke, not just a typical April fools joke, but a lame one... with a purpose.

 

I -do- hope it wasn't an elaborate attempt to justify removing horse gear at full gallop. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, Enki said:

I must say I am rather... disappointed....

Everything I put in that post is real, but everything you read is just an April Fools joke, especially for all the reasons that Angelklaine quickly picked up on early on.

sigh....  a few years back and I am sure people would have read it for what it really was.

However, please note, that all the ideas in it were just random off the top of my head things that serve a purpose, so who knows,  maybe they will get added one day.  I already got some devs hunting me down with baseball bats and cattle prods because of people wanting those things put in while they are already busy working on more important things in Wurm.

 

Anyway, I would like to just reaffirm that yes, it was a lame April fools joke, not just a typical April fools joke, but a lame one... with a purpose.

wait... does this comment need decryption?  Seems like there is also hidden meaning here ;)

 

FYI, creativity is never lame!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:02 AM, Stormblade said:

Honestly I read it, didn't even Think about it being april fools and was getting pissed the more and more I read it ( next time, make it a Lot more funny and  Heck of a lot less serious )

 

No seriously, reason I was getting pissed was, i was thinking, Oh Great now even MORE crap to micromanage on ever single action I do, W-T-F!!! aaaah F it, i'm done with wurm if this goes live.  reason being I log onto wurm to enjoy it, not micromanage and to hell with it, if i log on die from smithing, or cooking something on my own deed inside my own house.

 

Agreed, I was thinking the same thing. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 1:37 AM, Enki said:

Everything I put in that post is real

 

You still owe me a hammock... :ph34r:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, Enki said:

Anyway, I would like to just reaffirm that yes, it was a lame April fools joke, not just a typical April fools joke, but a lame one... with a purpose.

 

He's in collusion with Russia! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hahaha! i just read that post a couple if days ago and was wondering if it got implemented yet ?

doh! should have known....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this