Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Armoursmith title effect

I recently got the Armoursmith title, and the game says it's supposed to provide faster armour improvement rate. I did a before-and-after comparison on action timers, though, and didn't notice any changes.

Does it not actually do anything, or does it increase imp sizes or something else like that?

(This is on Epic, by the way.)

It reduces the chance that you will fail to improve an item.  Good luck measuring the RNG.

• Like 1

30% bonus or something to the success check. You need to use the title of the skill (platesmith, tanner, tailor, chainsmith for their respective groups, blacksmith works for horseshoes and barding too iirc. Can use the 70/90/100 titles too).

Dunno if it works on epic too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

30% bonus or something to the success check. You need to use the title of the skill (platesmith, tanner, tailor, chainsmith for their respective groups, blacksmith works for horseshoes and barding too iirc. Can use the 70/90/100 titles too).

Dunno if it works on epic too.

Actually afaik only the armorsmith title works, none of the others you mention make any difference at all.

14 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

Actually afaik only the armorsmith title works, none of the others you mention make any difference at all.

final Titles.Title title = performer.getTitle(); if (title != null && title.getSkillId() == improve.getNumber() && (target.isArmour() || target.isCreatureWearableOnly())) { mod *= 1.2999999523162842; }

It gets the title of whatever skill you're using to imp, 50 70 90 100 are all the same skillid. Horseshoes saddles and barding are all "technically" armor and also wearable by creatures and will get the bonus from black-smithing/leather-working titles. I'm certain horseshoes work as i tested it in WO a while back, and the other two are the exact same type so they should aswell.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 3

Unless its changed in the last 5 years only the Armorsmith title was reported to have any effect. A lot of things are in the code that dont actually work . Would be nice if a GM could confirm if that has changed recently.

• Like 1

(Disclaimer: not a proper scientific test) In all my long term experience it "seems" that you need to use the respective armour smith subskill title (chainsmith, platesmith - and blacksmith for horseeshoes) to have a shorter imping time. Will not speed up the actions but helps with less fails and/or better ql gains per imping action (as it is rng no exact numbers I could test of).

• Like 1

well 5 years ago only the armorsmith title itself was reported to work so jsut wondering is all. Pretty sure I haven't seen any updates that would change that but might ahve missed one - or two ;p

Here's a full (but slightly old) list of what item is affected by what titles that i made some time ago:

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 11:04 PM, Jaz said:

(Disclaimer: not a proper scientific test) In all my long term experience it "seems" that you need to use the respective armour smith subskill title (chainsmith, platesmith - and blacksmith for horseeshoes) to have a shorter imping time. Will not speed up the actions but helps with less fails and/or better ql gains per imping action (as it is rng no exact numbers I could test of).

Correct, same for cloth tailoring and leather working titles. Cloth, leather and studded are "armours" as well.

• Like 1