Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[RELEASED] Non-combat Pets Mod (Server)

Just now, Eject said:

I am not sure now (too tired) but i think the error is in the id´s 60-62

i think around rarity and scale are missed brakes { } and i dont know of each of this ] needs a comma or not, but at someone you have it and on another places not.
(and also i think i need a coffee ^^)

Those are bdew's data.  I added only the creatures at the very end.

?

• Like 1

Okay, I got this figured out. The problem wasn't with my Ocelot, Panda and Zebra, but with the Halloween mini-pets.  When I removed them, the others worked fine.  Is it possible that they didn't work because we don't have the Halloween mod?  Or does mini-pets draw the images from somewhere else...

If you dont have the Halloween mod installed, it will not be able to get the creature models. So those 2 mini pets will not work unless you install it. The mod has the option to turn off the gravestone spawns so the creatures wont be in the world, just as mini pets.

• Like 1

YOu can disable the gravestones so the pets still work.  Just set gravestones to 0 so it is diabled.

Edited by Elsa

6 hours ago, Ignacius said:

Would it be possible to make this a setting? The ability to disable the eggs from spawning, or to restrict it to GMs only? (

Isn't this already how it works?  The GM has to use the #dropeggs commands to spawn eggs, or can opt to spawn them one by one.

30 minutes ago, Ignacius said:

I've definitely found eggs glowing on the ground randomly while walking around... And I wasn't even aware of that command

That's very strange. We get no eggs at all unless the GM spawns them with #dropeggs.

51 minutes ago, Alystara said:

bunnies are not spawning does this mod control that?

This mod does not control anything Easter related, including the bunnies.

• Like 1

For some reason some of the pets keep crashing people on the server and everybody in local. Any idea what causes this? Server seems to be fine its just random at hatching eggs.

Use this client mod to prevent any crashes like that.

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Governor said:

Use this client mod to prevent any crashes like that.

Tyvm

^ This mod will tell you which pets cause the problem, you should then find them in the config file and remove the color effect from them.

Color effect can't be used with static (non-creature) models right now due to a vanilla client bug.

The default config doesn't include any pets like that, so check your changes/additions.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Any idea what I am doing wrong when i try to use the gm command to populate eggs i get error: [07:55:40] Unknown command: #dropeggs 0 25

The givepet works fine and if i use wand to create an egg it works

Thanks

Edited by Ozzland
mispelling

Double post sorry

Edited by Ozzland
double post

21 hours ago, Ozzland said:

Any idea what I am doing wrong when i try to use the gm command to populate eggs i get error: [07:55:40] Unknown command: #dropeggs 0 25

The givepet works fine and if i use wand to create an egg it works

Thanks

Are you gm level 5? 

#dropeggs needs level 5 to use

#givepet requires only level 1 

OMG so sorry bdew, I thought I had read everything and missed that I was only a lv 4 with that gm.

switched it to 5 and it worked fine.

Thanks again for all the great things you do!

On 5/28/2018 at 9:28 AM, conco said:

Found out the isue. While WyvernMods doesn't make any direct calls to sendRepaint, it DOES override the hasCustomColor method to always return true. That in turn will cause sendRepaint to go on every creature I think. Commenting out that bit of reflection fixed it, though I'll need to go test if it broke anything. Thank you for your patience in helping me debug this!

Which class file/s did you tweak, we have same prob on my server. thanx in advance

Putting this here as a reminder to myself, and maybe to help someone else out.

We added creatures from creaturemod to our mini-pets, but they were showing up as only the plain grey horse, etc. instead of the correct models.

This is on a server where we're not using creaturemod.

Here's how we fixed that:

1. Have creaturemod on the server anyway, and disable it (i.e. change the creaturemod.properties file name to creaturemod.disabled)

2. Copy creaturepack.jar into the serverpacks folder, inside the mods folder (same place as serverpacks.jar)

It's a massive file, so it wasn't possible to directly upload it to our hosted server.  We used FileZilla to get it there.

Edited by Batta

@bdewObviously I've done something wrong (see above) because our panda minipets still look like cows, zebras still look like horses, etc.  What am I missing?

Edited by Batta