Sindusk

Revenant - Modded PvE/PvP (3x Action, New Skillgain)

GMs on Revenant are another joke as well as none of them even play on the server anymore and communication between them and Sindusk is non existent. They say one thing, and Sindusk says another.

Remember when Pazza told us that macros are fine as long as you are at the computer? Then Sindusk removed skills from macroers because it wasn't fine? I do. 

Out of curiosity, which GM did you talk about the arrow pack exploit? Because pazza tends to ignore most things and doesn't care. 

Edited by atazs

4 hours ago, Tolbin said:

- Tolbin

I'm not sure who told you the arrow pack trick was intentional but they should have talked to other staff first. Lack of communication seems to be a problem, and you're clearly not to blame for this going unchecked so long. But now we know this arrow pack method isn't an intentional mechanic, so it's time to stop referring to it as one. I don't doubt you put a lot of time into those casts you have, even with the exploit, but it still pales in comparison to the people who did it legit for months losing countless high casts and gold due to the risks. And you talk about having fun soloing uniques, but that just makes my case - It takes away the challenge from the game, and adding more end-game content in response creates an endless power creep that worsens the problem. Although players (now quit) were able to solo dragons without this exploit before, tons of strategy and risk was required to pull it off, and with your enchants I'm sure it is a breeze in comparison.

I think if enchant power is capped at 200-250 you would still be able to do everything you can now, which is far above and beyond other players abilities. Even using the enchanter crystals legit I don't think you could ever get to 250. It's a generous suggestion in my opinion, and will still leave some room for Channeling and other skills to matter.

Edited by Draulius

2 hours ago, Tolbin said:

-Tolbin

Reading back, I understand that a lot of this looks like it was framed specifically against you and your kills on the players on Arena yesterday. I apologize that it looks that way, and will try to clarify my viewpoint here.

There are many, many enchants above the ones you own on the server. Here is the current highest player-made enchant (that isn't Bloodthirst) on the server:

[13:52:44] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [732.6]

My philosophy is to encourage players to "break" the mechanics I implement. When titans were first released, there was a total of four slayings of the titans using "cheese" tactics or downright exploits. One of them was so significant that it was used in Wurm Online to slay a unique. In each instance where players abused mechanics to slay the titan, I allowed the slaying to occur and let the players keep the rewards. I encourage people to think outside the box and overcome obstacles. I also encourage players investing time and resources to make something truly unique and magnificent. You've done precisely that with your staff, and it's a marvel to behold.

However, I find it extremely difficult to argue that having enchants which give players up to 8x skill gain is healthy for the server. The crystals were never designed to be utilized in the way they were. I understand that you contacted a GM and reported the issue to check if it was okay when you first discovered it. Unfortunately, there was a fault in communication and I was never informed at the time. Obviously, this is an issue, and I'll be working to remedy that problem with the other staff members of the server in the future. The truth is, had I been informed of this issue, I would have patched it immediately (as I intend to now, hopefully by tomorrow).

I want players to have the moments you did. Fighting one on one with a black hatchling and coming out victorious through sheer power of will and ingenuity. Figuring out how to link mechanics together to their advantage and discovering a new way to advance their goals in the game. In the future, I intend to develop features and content which further those ideals.

While I wish there was a way to make an exception for those who truly invested their time and effort into the items they own, the simple fact is that it truly was not intended to allow crystals to get this out of control. In my search through the database to find other instances of high enchants, your staff stands out as one of the most powerful items. Very few weapons can meet the level of investment your staff has, and I can personally relate with your viewpoint where it appears other players are attacking the mechanics on the basis of what you spent so much time on. It's an impressive piece of work, but it will also remain so. Even through a decay down to 200 enchant power, your weapon would remain in the top 5 highest enchanted items.

It's my responsibility to keep the game enjoyable for everyone and ensure the health of the server. The enchants which are currently available and being replicated are not healthy for the server. It's unfortunate that it turned out this way and needs to be addressed in such a crude manner, but it's a necessary evil that would fester and become worse if left unaddressed. I'll be doing my best to provide some form of compensation for those who have their items negatively affected by the changes.

I enjoyed reading the stories you've shared, and hope to see more in the future.

• Miscellaneous
    • Eternal Orbs can no longer be used on arrows.
    • Effective power of combat enchants on the Arena are now capped to 200 during combat.
      • This change applies to Flaming Aura, Frostbrand, Nimbleness, Life Transfer, Aura of Shared Pain, and Web Armour.
      • The actual enchants will not change for items on Arena, nor will they be affected when transferring. Instead, the calculations during combat will use the lowest value between 200 and your enchant.

• Armoury
    • Armour modifications from the Armoury mod have been repaired. Armour values displayed on the data spreadsheet are now accurate again, and the material modifiers have been restored to their listed values.
      • Most armours now have a higher base DR than they would before.
      • Glance rates should be roughly half of their previous values.
      • Movement speed penalty for chain and plate are significantly reduced.
      • Material movement and damage reduction modifiers have been repaired.
      • Material glance rate and effectiveness modifiers are still not functional.
    • Movement penalties are now displayed on examine for armour.
  • Combat
    • Stamina drain from shield blocking has been roughly doubled.
    • Shield blocking in aggressive stance now costs slightly more stamina than normal. Defensive retains it 50% reduction to stamina drain from shield blocks.
    • Fixed a bug where shield blocking was draining stamina from the attacker instead of the blocker.
  • Miscellaneous
    • Discord Relay now relays chat from in-game CA HELP to the #ca-help channel.
    • Discord Relay now relays chat from in-game MGMT to the #mgmt channel.
    • Bounty rewards for Son of Nogumps have been increased significantly.
    • Upkeep changes have been reverted. Deed upkeep has been returned to vanilla Wurm values.
    • Updated the messaging when using the arena transfer actions. The warnings should now better reflect the current state of the Arena.
    • Players will now sit down when transferring to or from the Arena server.
    • Sleep Powder and Affinity Orbs are no longer no-drop. This means they can now be mailed, but will also drop on your corpse when you die on PvE.
    • Shaker Orb price reduced from 5 silver to 2 silver.
    • Base cost of sealed maps has been reduced by half.
    • Fixed some mounting issues with Chargers. This should correct the behaviour when mounted on a charger and trying to cross a bridge, as well as instances of chargers going underground when mounted.
    • Fixed an issue where GM's could not correct Bloodthirst values due to enchant powers being capped to 999.
    • Fixed a bug where affinity orbs would be consumed even if you selected an affinity that the player was already maxed on.

• DUSKombat
    • Defensive stance penalty to swing speed reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.
    • Frostbrand damage bonus reduced from 33% per 100 power to 30% per 100 power.
    • Flaming Aura damage bonus reduced from 33% per 100 power to 30% per 100 power.
    • Frantic Charge no longer reduces swing speed by 0.5 seconds at any power. Instead, it now reduces swing speed by 0.1% per power (10% at 100 power).
    • Wind of Ages and Blessings of the Dark no longer reduce swing speed by 0.5 per 100 power. Instead, it now reduces swing speed by 0.1% per power (10% at 100 power).
    • Web Armour no longer increases swing timer by 0.1 per 10 power. Instead, it now increases swing timer by 0.5% per power (50% at 100 power, 100% at 200 power). Duration of the status remains unchanged at 1 second per 10 power.
    • Nimbleness now provides slightly more bonus to hit chance.
    • High difficulty creatures (titans, uniques, rare spawns) are now slightly more difficult to hit, especially at lower weapon skill levels.
    • Note: These changes will dramatically affect the DPS output of any weapon with Wind of Ages or Blessings of the Dark.
  • Weapon & Armour Balance
    • Every now and then, we take some time to look at the current meta of the server and adjust a few things to give more playstyles a chance to succeed, with a focus on buffing under-used items instead of nerfing over-used items.
    • Weapons
      • Battle Yoyo swing speed improved from 3.85 seconds to 3.75 seconds.
      • Battle Yoyo critical strike chance increased from 0.8% to 1.2%.
      • Butcher Knife damage increased from 2.0 to 2.5.
      • Carving Knife critical strike chance increased from 0% to 2.0%.
      • Club damage increased from 8.1 to 8.3.
      • Knuckles damage increased from 3.7 to 3.8.
      • Large Axe damage increased from 6.7 to 6.85.
      • Longsword damage increased from 5.9 to 6.0.
      • Longsword swing speed improved from 3.75 seconds to 3.7 seconds.
      • Medium Maul damage increased from 7.85 to 8.0.
      • Medium Maul swing speed improved from 5.0 seconds to 4.9 seconds.
      • Scythe damage increased from 9.25 to 9.4.
      • Scythe critical strike chance increased from 1.6% to 2.2%.
      • Short Sword damage increased from 4.5 to 4.65.
      • Short Sword critical strike chance increased from 2.0% to 2.5%.
      • Sickle damage increased from 6.1 to 6.2.
      • Sickle critical strike chance increased from 0.4% to 1.4%.
      • Small Axe critical strike chance increased from 0% to 0.8%.
      • Small Maul damage increased from 4.8 to 5.0.
      • Steel Spear damage increased from 9.0 to 9.1.
      • Warhammer damage increased from 9.4 to 9.5.
      • Warhammer critical strike chance increased from 0.8% to 1.5%.
    • Armour
      • Cloth base damage reduction increased from 56% to 58%.
      • Cloth effectiveness against slash increased from 80% to 85%.
      • Leather base damage reduction increased from 62% to 62.5%.
      • Studded effectiveness against bite increased from 105% to 107%.
      • Chain base damage reduction increased from 64% to 64.5%.
      • Plate base damage reduction increased from 66% to 68%.
      • Plate effectiveness against crush increased from 93% to 94%.
      • Plate glance rate against crush increased from 12.5% to 17.5%.
      • Plate helmet movement speed penalty reduced from 2% to 1.5%. (Open helm, Basinet helm, and Great helm)
      • Drake Hide effectiveness against slash reduced from 95% to 93%.
      • Drake Hide effectiveness against acid increased from 95% to 97%.
      • Dragonscale effectiveness against crush reduced from 95% to 93%.
      • Dragonscale glance rate against crush reduced from 15% to 12.5%.
      • Dragonscale glance rate against slash increased from 22.5% to 25%.
      • Dragonscale effectiveness against acid increased from 100% to 103%.
  • Player Titles
    • The custom title system has been repaired. Any players who donated to receive a custom title in the past will have it restored and able to be used on their next login.
    • Title rewards that were removed in the past have also been re-implemented:
    • Titanslayer - Defeat a titan in combat.
    • Spectral - Defeat a spectral drake. (Used to be "Spectral Warrior" but has been changed to make better use of the compound title system)
    • Players who previously obtained these titles will need to do so again.
  • Miscellaneous
    • Sorcery resistances and vulnerabilities no longer display a buff icon. The effects from sorceries can still be seen through the Spell Effects interface.
    • Items which display at 100QL (actual QL 99.995 or higher) no longer take damage if they are a repairable object.
    • Traders will now restock with 50 kingdom tokens instead of their previous 10.
    • Fixed a bug where Treasure Maps were never dropping from creatures.
    • Fixed a bug where Replenish would cease working if an item was placed on top of the container.
    • Fixed a server crash when casting Heal on an undead.
Edited by Sindusk